• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

DID YOU SEE THAT? That was the DAMAGER!

Main Menu

Shout outs!!

Started by stereomonkey, May 05, 2009, 10:25:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

IR U IM B IL E

Yeah training mode is good to get your execution down. In terms of the lab work i.e what punishes what, that's what other people are for lol. And also watching vids as KingGo.... as Smoof said..
"...there's a big difference between winging it and seeing what happens. Now let's see what happens."

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

The answer to everyones problems is simple:

Come to Ranbats.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

Rorooze

gg captain hook, dinner is ready then im back to uni!

basic things I guess, several times with guile and ryu you'd jump in and I'd block, then you'd go c.lp xx FK/SRK and if I wasn't retarded you'd get punished. make sure you hit confirm your combos

for guile i think it's c.lp c.lp c.mp xx fk and for ryu you'd be better using hadoken since it's pretty much safe on block.
and yeah, be careful following your sonic booms :o

when i taunted you with sakura its cause you should have ultra'd instead of standing there :p, don't be scared to use that as your punish, im pretty guilty for doing that as well :o and re balrog: no more random ultras! :p

CaptainHook

Quote from: Rorooze on October 08, 2010, 05:54:28 PM
make sure you hit confirm your combos

I think i've been told before, but what does that mean?

Quote from: Rorooze on October 08, 2010, 05:54:28 PMand for ryu you'd be better using hadoken since it's pretty much safe on block.

Not sure what this means either.. 

when i taunted you with sakura its cause you should have ultra'd instead of standing there :p,

Weren't you on the other side of the screen at that point? Was i guile? I don't remember. :P

and re balrog: no more random ultras! :p

Yeah, i've had a toy with Balrog a couple of times now and keep wanting his ultra to be as quick as his super
on ST. Lolololol. I know better but i must be insane cause i do the same thing expecting a different result.
Xbox Gamertag is ZERO's, not capital "O"s ~~ CaptainH00K

Rorooze

Hit confirming. Basically during our games you were doing j.hp, c.lp xx shoryuken when you were playing Ryu. You did something similar playing with guile but used flash kick instead of SRK. Now I blocked all of it so ended up getting a sweet punish. What you should have done is used say, j.hp, c.lp, c.lp, c.mk hadoken with ryu or something like j.hp, c.lp, c.lp, c.mp xx flash kick with guile. That way if I block everything you have three blocked normals to realise that you shouldn't input the srk/flash kick instead of just one blocked normal.

I think I've explained that ok, but check this video out, explains it really well! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDMboPnznJc

Second point, with Ryu you'd sometimes do jab jab srk. thats fine if its hitting but if I'm blocking you need to use hadoken instead because it's safe for you if i block it, if i block an SRK i get a free punish.

CaptainHook

Oh cool, thanks. I can't do that guile c.lp to c.mp link to save myself. And the other stuff isn't really me trying to do a combo, it's just "throwing stuff
out there to see if anything lands". :P I just do the same sequence by habit. Not trying to combo. Hhahaha.

And for all the ryu stuff, i've only played him 5 or so times in SSF4 and playing him with you was totally just a "lets see if i like this char yet.."
I'm sooooo crap with shotos in ST and i don't think i "get them" in SSF4 either. Playing them is a "maybe i'll have fun scrubbing with this guy".
And Boxer is awesome to scrub with for fun in ST. So is Chun. Not really the case in SSF4 for me so far.

Rorooze

Just practise it a little bit and you'll get it! There might be a better combo to do but if there is I don't know it :p Once you learn it for guile you'll have it for most of the other characters that can do c.lp c.lp c.mp :D

CaptainHook

Quote from: Rorooze on October 08, 2010, 11:13:12 PM
Just practise it a little bit and you'll get it!

I think you mean practice it a FUCK LOAD cause i already practiced it a little bit (an hour) and could do it 1 out of maybe 50 times. :P

IR U IM B IL E

"...there's a big difference between winging it and seeing what happens. Now let's see what happens."

CaptainHook

Thanks Rumble. I just read it now but not sure how it helps.. i know it's a timing thing. I'll only get it with a FUCK LOAD
of practice. :P

massi4h

I know you can just link crouching jabs with guile and then cancel into flash kick. That might be easier than the 1-frame link that is cr.jab to cr.strong, or else if not gonna hit confirm just end your strings in sonic boom as that will always be safe and then you can do towards fierce to combo off it. 

Skullator

I'm going to be practicing my Makoto alot this weekend.

If you want games with me and I'm not online, drop a note here, I might be on the other console.

redtie

GGs on HDR hook. Those matches were fun! Yes use chun! She is mean! But no good anti-air for her  :'( I think I use standing fierce to AA with

Would like more people to play on HDR. I'm starting to get use to the xbox pad hah

fluxcore

I could probably jump on hdr at some point - never spent much time on it though.
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

scribble

Quote from: IR U IM B IL E on October 08, 2010, 10:32:18 AM
GGs to KingGoyGoy and also Jack and Scribble from a few nights back.

GGs bro, always fun to play you! GGs Jack also, bit of a shame we only managed to get in a couple before you had to gap it, but looking foward to some more soon ;D. GGs Tommy Harmonic, nice use of you AA normals bro. GG KingGoyGoy aswell, wish you had stuck round for a few more :)

GGs Hook, and just to clarify, the 'going to training' was to practice FADC'ing your FK's to make them safe not so much to find a new char, but I'm sure you already got that since you wrote "or find a new char". Anyway, you have improved alot bro. Keep it up coz your definitely getting there! see you online again soon! :D

"I hope the Yama Kings have mercy upon your soul, for I shall not" - Hsien-Ko