• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

Discipline. Justice. Commitment.

Main Menu

IPhone Gaming

Started by Lennysaurus, May 13, 2009, 03:23:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

B BOY DRAW2

yeah it's pretty sick!!! toilet breaks at work haven't lasted sooo long since peggle came out on iPhone!!!
it's crazy tech and at the same time...almost easier than on XBOX.
you have one punch and one kick...Back and punch is a light punch...neutral and punch is a medium punch...and forward and punch is fierce punch...then the same with kicks...then you have a focus button and what I guess you'd call an EX button.

Supers and ultras can be executed the normal way...or just tap the ultra or super bar to release the fury.
DP + FADC + tap the ultra meter = easy as hell beasting!!!

My only problem is having the 1st Gen 8GB iPhone...(Which I freakin' love)...I think it kills my load times (15 seconds between matches)...maybe?

all in all...I give it a solid 8/10...maybe a generous 9/10!!!

If you love street fighter...(I got all sorts of shades of street fighter stuff...Gameboy, PSP, Comics, Art books, Toys, XBOX360, T-Shirts...) You gotta get this for your iPhone or iTouch.
I bliss...like the fist...of the mantis...
Those who oppose get dropped and hit the canvas.

CptMunta

Thinking of Buying a I-Pod touch, mainly since the MP3 player on my Current Samsung phone is a bit ass, the headphones gave up and the adapter for normal headphones is crap, though as a phone it does a good job. And I'm a fan of portable games (Rocking a Red Custom Firmware PSP and love it!) SF4 and a few other I-phone titles are perking my interest.

So just wondering:

Which gen is best to go with?

Should I shell out the extra for a i-phone, it worth it?

Is i-tunes a clunky resource hog, will I have to rename all my folders in my mp3 collection?

What's the battery life like?

Can you jailbreak an I-pod touch? Is it worth it? Can you get DLC for games if it's jailbroken?

Is it best to buy a NZ i-pod touch/i-phone are they region locked when it comes to downloading content?
Munta on the web: www.pavementart.co.nz
PSN: CptMunta

Lennysaurus

Seriously dude.  The Iphone is amazing!

The games on it are really good, and are far better than most if not all on PSP.  Not as good as the DS mind you, but I lvoe having everything in one device...

also be careful cheap imitations as they are nowhere near the iphone... It is pretty much the modern age swiss army knife.

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

samurai black

Quote from: The Lenny 2.0 on April 09, 2010, 09:05:23 PM
It is pretty much the modern age swiss army knife.

i think this is.

CptMunta

After a bit of research I might pick up an 8 gig second Gen Ipod touch. Only around $300, might jailbreak it eventually.

I can't see any real clear advantages for me getting an Iphone over an Ipod touch since my phone does me fine and the Camera and Video functionality don't really spin my wheels. Unless I'm missing something.

[NIUE] B1ackstar Ninja

make sure you get a 3rd gen ipod touch munta . theyre only 300 as well and they run all the games ALOT better than the 2nd gen ones , especially graphics intensive games like NOVA .
no reason to get a second gen when the third is better and the same price .

ive a gota 3rd gen ipod touch , couldnt afford a iphone but does everything the iphone does except take photos and make phone calls .
love it and easy to jailbreak if you want .
"Attack me if you dare , i will crush you "

fluxcore

camera and video on iphone suck terrible anyway

but then I'd also argue the phone sucks
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

CptMunta

Quote from: B1ackstar Ninja on April 10, 2010, 02:32:50 PM
make sure you get a 3rd gen ipod touch munta . theyre only 300 as well and they run all the games ALOT better than the 2nd gen ones , especially graphics intensive games like NOVA .
no reason to get a second gen when the third is better and the same price .

ive a gota 3rd gen ipod touch , couldnt afford a iphone but does everything the iphone does except take photos and make phone calls .
love it and easy to jailbreak if you want .

Cheers for the heads up bro,

Are you rocking an 8gig, 32gig or 64 gig. Wiki says the processor in the 8 gig is just the same as the 2nd gen. Got some deals saved on my watchlist. Will let you guys know how it all pans out ;) Cheers for all the help. We'll rock some SF4 blutooth battles next time I'm up for shits and giggles  ;)

massi4h

Pretty happy with my 32GB 3rd Gen touch. Definitely get a 3rd gen, they have bluetooth so you can play MP SF4 lol.

HoneyBadger

You mean that touch you didn't buy?
my mum found dark dawn on the DS.

that game is gonna get raped.

MUMMYHALA

electric

Quote from: fluxcore on April 10, 2010, 06:06:21 PM
camera and video on iphone suck terrible anyway

but then I'd also argue the phone sucks

This man speaks the truth. Honestly, one of the shittest phones I've ever had. But as a device ? It's a game changer.

On that note, fuck the iPhone lol
"gief can jump above the screen and pummel all over the place..." - Zosla

[NIUE] B1ackstar Ninja

Quote from: CptMunta on April 10, 2010, 06:49:39 PM
Cheers for the heads up bro,

Are you rocking an 8gig, 32gig or 64 gig. Wiki says the processor in the 8 gig is just the same as the 2nd gen. Got some deals saved on my watchlist. Will let you guys know how it all pans out ;) Cheers for all the help. We'll rock some SF4 blutooth battles next time I'm up for shits and giggles  ;)
ah yes your right i have a 3rd gen 8gig touch thats really just a 2nd gen , but because its the new 8gig one it came with the iphone OS 3 so it has bluetooth and all the other crap that the 2nd gen touches didnt have .
runs everything flawlessly as it runs better than the iphone 3g but is now superseeded by the iphone 3gs which the bigger capacity touches now have .
either way just get the cheapest one thats new that you can so you have the new OS , bluetooth and cheap on the wallett .
games on !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

massi4h

Quote from: OLEET on April 10, 2010, 08:21:26 PM
You mean that touch you didn't buy?
Yeah boi. Guitar Hero ftw

CptMunta

Cheers for the help guys. I thought I'd go the 32Gb route just in case:

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=282552829

Looking forward to it. Next step jailbreaking :)

[NIUE] B1ackstar Ninja

oooh nice price munta . good job .
sf4 challenge when youre up next !!!!!!!