• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

DID YOU SEE THAT? That was the DAMAGER!

Main Menu

Marvel vs Capcom 2: HD Remix: Preview (HQ)

Started by gunsmoke, May 14, 2009, 01:24:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gunsmoke

Quote from: Smoofikith on May 18, 2009, 02:13:22 PM
<33 I'm so bad I can't even repeat it more than 3 times =____=

Relax mate....it take times
I cant even do Magneto ROM infinite...(T__T) already play 9 years still like shit... :'(
LiFe iS gOoD wHeN u WaNa Be!

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Quote from: Smoofikith on May 18, 2009, 02:13:22 PM
<33 I'm so bad I can't even repeat it more than 3 times =____=

Also, the first 2 repetitions can work even if your timing is off. Id say youre mistiming the whole infinite. Only slightly though.

The infinite is lp, lp, PAUSE, lk, uf.HP.

The best way to time the pause (at least for me) is to notice Iron man shoots a wierd 'spark' out of his hands on the second lp. This is just his aerial middle punch animation. You need to hit the lk as this animation is ending. Takes a bit of practice, but youll get it.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

CrazyMobius

geneterror

No they are just using filters to cover up the pixelation, like some emulators do. God could you imagine how long it would take them to redraw all the characters after how long it took them to do HD:Remix which has about 1/4 of the characters MvC2 has.
KOW 2011

CrazyMobius

Quote from: geneterror on May 20, 2009, 03:32:14 PM
No they are just using filters to cover up the pixelation, like some emulators do. God could you imagine how long it would take them to redraw all the characters after how long it took them to do HD:Remix which has about 1/4 of the characters MvC2 has.

I do remember seeing a rather dubious looking Psylocke animated sprite that was redrawn a little while ago. Although that was most likely the work of an over excited fan.

samurai black

fuck the IM infinite, just pick cable and SHOOT!

gunsmoke

Exactly even Samuraiblack know da solution already...y not....

Barnstorm

I feel as though new players will be quick to pick this game up but even quicker to put it down

I mean stuff i learned took me ages to get and after a taking few infinites or spiral traps people will quit

Such a steep learning curve in this game the difference between good and average is massive

and for the IM ifinite its lp,lp on the way up slight pause lk,u+hp and the hp can come out as your just about to land

Skullator

fluxcore

Quote from: Barnstorm on June 12, 2009, 10:56:55 AM
I feel as though new players will be quick to pick this game up but even quicker to put it down

Shit yes. Imagining a player starting this game now is pretty horrible. It is however an amazing game to learn, because you really can't scrub out in it - anything goes, you have to learn and deal. There aren't many games I've spent SERIOUS time in training mode for, but MvC2 is one of them.
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

gunsmoke

Quote from: fluxcore on June 12, 2009, 11:37:02 AM
Quote from: Barnstorm on June 12, 2009, 10:56:55 AM

Shit yes. Imagining a player starting this game now is pretty horrible. It is however an amazing game to learn, because you really can't scrub out in it - anything goes, you have to learn and deal. There aren't many games I've spent SERIOUS time in training mode for, but MvC2 is one of them.

;D Ya ya once u bored always a new team to learn

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

HoneyBadger

my mum found dark dawn on the DS.

that game is gonna get raped.

MUMMYHALA

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

CrazyMobius

I'm gonna get this game again. I had it on Dreamcast but never played it. I probably won't play others competitively, well I mean I won't play them and expect to win. But I just love the Marvel game sprites and hopefully this game has a gallery mode. :(