• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

Discipline. Justice. Commitment.

Main Menu

FS: Dreamcast stick case, Another stick

Started by fluxcore, May 17, 2009, 07:56:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fluxcore

I've got a couple of things I'm trying to sell (aka I don't need them and maybe someone else wants them)

1x Dreamcast Agetec stick (note NO dreamcast PCB, it's just the case + the buttons+stick). Good for someone wanting to mod it - the buttons and stick are standard stock, i.e. not too bad, although sometimes buttons will stick. There are plenty of guides up on the net on how to mod these with Seimitsu/Sanwa parts.
eg:
Offers.

1x Custom fluxcore-hand-built marvel themed stick, with Happ Super stick and Happ Competition buttons (convex, like the japanese style buttons). I modded the stick by fashioning my own square restrictior, the Super stick by default is a circle. This is completely reversible by removing the restrictor. It may also need a little filing to make it perfectly square - I think one of the directions is a little shorter than the others.
The case has had a fairly well loved life, has a couple of scratches in the paintwork but really isn't too bad. The side art is just laminated, and the edges are peeling a little. Top art is under a Lexan sheet. Pretty heavy bugger. Not particularly lap-friendly I guess.
Again, no PCB in it, it has a db25 connector on the back that I used to connect to project boxes.

(sorry for the terrible pics - iphone camera sucks)
(and yeah, that's an MF Doom mask, close enough to Dr Doom I reckon, plus he's awesome anyway).
Again, offers. I'm willing to sell the parts separately of the box btw, if anyone is interested.

Shipping will probably be a bitch, so it would be best if you could pick it up at an NZism event in person.

I probably could put a 360 pcb in either of these sticks for someone, however it'll be $65 for the pcb, $20 for my time/misc parts, and due to both these cases only having 6 buttons + start there'll be no back or guide buttons.

Also, when I say offers, I mean it - anything will be considered. I'd rather someone else have them that actually intends to use them, rather than have them just sitting around here cluttering up my room. I've got my TE stick now, don't need these :p

Thanks for your time :)
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

stereomonkey

I need to do some research but I wouldn't mind getting the DC stick.

When I get off my ass, I was wanting to make a stick for my missus so she can play her old school arcade games on xbox arcade.  Though I don't want her to thrash mine ;)
"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"

[8-----D] Toots

Hmmmmmm

Wouldn't mind that agetec case...got a bunch of semitsu parts coming that are going to need a home

I'll a think about it

Lennysaurus

stuff them gimme the dreamcast stick!!!

How much?

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

stereomonkey

stfu! I'll take the DC stick.

Though, what is the going price?

fluxcore

Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

HoneyBadger

I love it how the pic on the side is MF Doom and not Dr.Doom lol
my mum found dark dawn on the DS.

that game is gonna get raped.

MUMMYHALA

fluxcore

stereomonkey

fluxcore

What the hell? really? It doesn't have the PCB remember?

Lennysaurus

I offer a sensuous back massage followed by 4 and a half minutes of "sexy time"

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

[NIUE] B1ackstar Ninja

Quote from: Lennysaurus Rex on May 22, 2009, 10:53:12 AM
I offer a sensuous back massage followed by 4 and a half minutes of "sexy time"

I will take it !!!!!!! oh you ment alan  :( bwahahahahaha yes im very bored at home :D
"Attack me if you dare , i will crush you "

stereomonkey

If that is the same stick that Matt had then yeah, it's worth it for the nostalgia points too.  That was the stick I started learn to actually play MVC2.

I'll take it for $40 if you want. (Also remember it's NZD, not AUD i'm offering :P)

EDIT: Plus I'm not worried about the PCB.  I can throw in a DC one easy as.  Besides I was looking at getting another xbox pad to hack for it.  Sure I can find the space to throw in the missing buttons.

fluxcore

Ok Stu, we'll do it this way. I'll give you the stick, and when you next see Matt S you give him the $40 :)

stereomonkey

You already spoke to him?  That would be cool!

If you could put a 360 pcb into to be ready for xlan that would be sweet.  Save me bringing over two controllers.  Do you know if it is hard to swap out the buttons and stick?  If it's easy enough to do then I'll bring over some sanwa buttons. 

I'll pay ya when I see ya if that is cool too :)