• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

Auckland - Yifan's Queen St

Started by fluxcore, January 10, 2007, 02:06:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fluxcore

It's been asked before, yeah. They also don't want cam footage taken of games in there for some bizarre reason.
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

CrazyMobius

They did have a tournament there a while ago when the first Street Fighter III came out. It was organised by Glen the Sega man who was running Sub Culture (a game shop) down there at the time. I think it was under different management then though.

zos'la

Over the years they have found tournaments and such makes no positive ++ to them as Yifans, its there, everyone knows it, people go there play games and whatever they do thats it, nothing will change for them even if they do host tournaments as in a business perspective it just makes the place more messy and people maybe causing problems for them to clean up which in the end not worth the hassle.

BUT, Andy one of the shareholders gave me the OK to host tournaments there before for SF4 but of course he didn't say anything about us taking the cabinets to ourselves/renting it for the day etc.... so I didn't follow on with it since he wasn't so keen.
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Quote from: zosla on October 06, 2009, 03:34:07 PM
Over the years they have found tournaments and such makes no positive ++ to them as Yifans, its there, everyone knows it, people go there play games and whatever they do thats it, nothing will change for them even if they do host tournaments as in a business perspective it just makes the place more messy and people maybe causing problems for them to clean up which in the end not worth the hassle.

BUT, Andy one of the shareholders gave me the OK to host tournaments there before for SF4 but of course he didn't say anything about us taking the cabinets to ourselves/renting it for the day etc.... so I didn't follow on with it since he wasn't so keen.

The cabinet thing is the big issue. They dont mind holding tournaments there, but they still want to charge us fucking $2 a game. >_>
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

[NIUE] weazzyefff

What a bunch of wankers, their SF4 probably paid for itself in the first month. It's because they know theyre the only ones with SF4. Fuck i hope they get robbed.
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

DVS

Anyone that would hire dweedle-dumb and dweedle-do and put them at the counter to actually serve customers has zero business perspective..."oh sorry did I wake you up mate? can you change this tenner for me?" Might as well of shaved too Gorillas....if it wasn't for the position of yifans and the games they have I'd be dropping my coins somewhere else....they'd never host a tournament because there money flows no matter what...if it earned them a bit of exta $$$ they'd be doing it already....The owners probably save $$$ by paying most of the staff in bananas anyway..... ::)
"You'll never survive in the jungle"......

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Quote from: DVS on October 06, 2009, 05:17:35 PM
Anyone that would hire dweedle-dumb and dweedle-do and put them at the counter to actually serve customers has zero business perspective..."oh sorry did I wake you up mate? can you change this tenner for me?" Might as well of shaved too Gorillas....if it wasn't for the position of yifans and the games they have I'd be dropping my coins somewhere else....they'd never host a tournament because there money flows no matter what...if it earned them a bit of exta $$$ they'd be doing it already....The owners probably save $$$ by paying most of the staff in bananas anyway..... ::)
Ahh lol, paying them in bananas, haha.
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

zos'la

yeah well you got my point lol.

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Quote from: zosla on October 06, 2009, 06:14:08 PM
yeah well you got my point lol.
Yeah it was pretty random, i thought you asked them TODAY.

You got balls to ask them anyway.

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Fantastic post by gene. Fantastic.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

Will

That post sums up everything about Yifans perfectly, fuck they are some stupid shits if they dont want to host a tourney there...
Learning....

zos'la

Not stupid, but being too smart and getting ahead of themselves. In the end they will jsut be what they are and won't grow as what they are doing now is just enough to feed them.
We call such business dead business as its can be explained on a graph like this

Growth
|
|
|
|
|                                       |
|---------------------------------------|WALL
|______________________Over Time

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Quote from: zosla on October 07, 2009, 09:32:55 AM
Not stupid, but being too smart and getting ahead of themselves. In the end they will jsut be what they are and won't grow as what they are doing now is just enough to feed them.
We call such business dead business as its can be explained on a graph like this

Growth
|
|
|
|
|---------------------------------------|WALL
|______________________Over Time
Nice work professor.

CrazyMobius

Quote from: DVS on October 06, 2009, 05:17:35 PM

Cmon bro. That's a bit harsh.

samurai black

yeah jeebus. i dont mind the staff when im down there, i give them cash and they give me coins in return. when a machine eats my credit, i get re-imbursed. what else do you expect?

a butler with a stiff upper lip to wait on you, hand and foot?