• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

Discipline. Justice. Commitment.

Main Menu

Auckland - Yifan's Queen St

Started by fluxcore, January 10, 2007, 02:06:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fluxcore

I dunno, while I get money from the guys, sometimes I'm really not sure that I'm going to. I also check it's correct every single time, it's just kind of poor service.
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

zos'la

The stafs are ok once you get to know them, just try to be friendly and most of them are cool. The only exception would be a guy called HUI (not Crazykiller LOL) everytime I ask for 5 dollars in coin and give him a $20 note he gives me atleast $10 coin and if I don't specify on time then he gives me $20 in coins....

apart from that I don't really have much of an issue, but I think a successful arcade needs to get in witht eh community
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

CrazyMobius

I think some of the guys work nights as bouncers. That may be why they're tired. Also having the no bullshit attitude deters troublemakers. I'd rather have surly coinchangers behind the counter then bored assholes causing trouble down there.

stereomonkey

That is right.  I rather have that too.  You don't wanna get some motherfucker wanting to beat your ass because you bitch slapped him with Sagat.

I'm sure most of us have been in some sort of fight (verbal or physical) because you owned some angry bastard.
"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"

Lennysaurus

Yeah theyre like that for a reason imo.

I dunnnoo bout you guys, but I can remmeber waaaaaaaaaaaay back in the days.  Like when i was still in primary, my dad took me there and it was full of gang wannabe dickheads.  Dude tried to stock me for my double dragon credit.

Also back then there used to be quite a few arcades on Queen street, and in the CBD.  All were notorious hangouts for low lifes.  I think alot of the reason for the friendly apes is hangover from back then.

I still remember seeing a guy walk out of yifans when i was about 12  or 13, and watching some dude run across the road and stab him.

Most arcades in auckland back then were full; of graffiti too.  Its nice having yiffans like it is. clean and no nonsense... fuck not that Ive been there lately.  WTB JOB!

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

zos'la

lol, Lenny u disappeared on us!!

[NIUE] Optimus DAVE

Quote from: Lennysaurus Rex on October 07, 2009, 05:15:30 PM
Yeah theyre like that for a reason imo.

I dunnnoo bout you guys, but I can remmeber waaaaaaaaaaaay back in the days.  Like when i was still in primary, my dad took me there and it was full of gang wannabe dickheads.  Dude tried to stock me for my double dragon credit.

Also back then there used to be quite a few arcades on Queen street, and in the CBD.  All were notorious hangouts for low lifes.  I think alot of the reason for the friendly apes is hangover from back then.

I still remember seeing a guy walk out of yifans when i was about 12  or 13, and watching some dude run across the road and stab him.

Most arcades in auckland back then were full; of graffiti too.  Its nice having yiffans like it is. clean and no nonsense... fuck not that Ive been there lately.  WTB JOB!

i remember those times.... ::)

yifans is algud.....and u dont have to count the money, their paid to do what they do and they're good peoples...lol not monkeys u sad guys
The New Generation Clockw0rk

Rorooze

was at yifans this afternoon, one of the sf4 cabs seems to have a really sticky stick :<

stereomonkey

Probably the smoof giving it some anal loving before hand while playing as Sagat.

I remember how all the arcades around the place were underground drug rings.  Lol, can you see people doing that?  "Wanna ounce and a couple of tokens?"
"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"

zos'la

it wasn't THAT bad backin teh days, I mean I was hanging out at yifans and stages time out when it was still on beach road/ custom street? oppersite show girls in town.
I use to go there like 3-4 times a day until it got moved to queen street above a internet cafe and thats when I first saw counter strike...
after that I only went to Yifans as stages got less and less games during that period.
I am talking back in 90's I think it was about 1997 or 98 when Stages time out was moved to mid queen street ( not where BK is now )

HoneyBadger

It was bad compared to now. I'd say the niche market Yifans is in is pretty dead anyway. No point employing anyone else and shit =/
my mum found dark dawn on the DS.

that game is gonna get raped.

MUMMYHALA

Lennysaurus

Quote from: zosla on October 08, 2009, 08:59:53 AM
it wasn't THAT bad backin teh days, I mean I was hanging out at yifans and stages time out when it was still on beach road/ custom street? oppersite show girls in town.
I use to go there like 3-4 times a day until it got moved to queen street above a internet cafe and thats when I first saw counter strike...
after that I only went to Yifans as stages got less and less games during that period.
I am talking back in 90's I think it was about 1997 or 98 when Stages time out was moved to mid queen street ( not where BK is now )

yeah i was talking about when I was 12 13... which was like... 1991, 1992?

zos'la

Quote from: Lennysaurus Rex on October 08, 2009, 10:40:46 AM
Quote from: zosla on October 08, 2009, 08:59:53 AM

yeah i was talking about when I was 12 13... which was like... 1991, 1992?

yeah I know it might jsut be my memory being wrong with the year :D?
As you not much older than me Lenny and I hanged out at teh arcades since I was 8 which was back in 91.... stages was right next to ORIENTAL MARKETS which is ppersite our current food town in the CBD.

Lennysaurus

Fuck yeah oriental markets... that shit was some years back.

That bus stop and pub used to be dodgy as fuck too.

zos'la

lol, Yeah the bus stop!!! with the pub behind stages timeout lol.
My mother use to work in the bakery in Oriental Markets when I was young so I was like ther eeveryday after school, playing SF2 that was in the gaming area with the gambling machine!!!! under age like shit LOL.

Then had no competition there since at that age i was on my way invisible throwing every player that was around :P

went to stages and like won lotsa comic books/ movie tickets and game tokens (600) LOL
came first in daytona USA, air hockey, SF alpha's and what else... can't remember lol too mabny :P but they use to have compeition weekly. Love those stages days.