• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

Auckland - Yifan's Queen St

Started by fluxcore, January 10, 2007, 02:06:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

electric

GG's to DVS today

I've seen you down there a few times but didn't realise you were on the forums haha

Managed to pull out some jammy Abel ultras for the win... looks like my baiting is getting a little better these days!

I'd be interested to know how experienced you are in the Abel matchup... would be keen to catch up for some more games soon... GG's!
"gief can jump above the screen and pummel all over the place..." - Zosla

DVS

Quote from: electric on October 28, 2009, 04:33:01 PM
GG's to DVS today

I've seen you down there a few times but didn't realise you were on the forums haha

Managed to pull out some jammy Abel ultras for the win... looks like my baiting is getting a little better these days!

I'd be interested to know how experienced you are in the Abel matchup... would be keen to catch up for some more games soon... GG's!

Yeah dude GG's, to be honest I've never played against such a good Abel even online, props to you man...that crazy air launch string was doing my head in  ???

If you used that EX Tornado Throw more after a cross up kick you'd be lethal.... :o

Yeah dude, I'll send you my deets. I've met a few peeps off the forums lately, would be choice to orgainise a meet up at some point....but I think Lenny may have beaten me to it.
"You'll never survive in the jungle"......

DVS

Quote from: wick3d wayz on October 22, 2009, 01:47:19 PM
il be in yifanz today if anyone is keen for 3rd strike

Was good to meet you the other day bro, never seen anyone rocking Vega in Yifans....your Balrog is tight dude like a ziplock bag...choked my Ryu out  :-\

Have to catch up for a few more games at some point.  ;)

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Not a bad Abel Jay. Rocking faces without even using f.mk. Its a fun match for El Fuerte. Not a fucking bullshit match like Rufus. >_>

And yea, ive decided to throw away all cautiousness and just play 'balls-first'. I seem to have some pretty decent results when i play like that. BIRRY WONG IS UNLEASHING THE BEAST
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

electric

Quote from: DVS on October 28, 2009, 05:51:10 PM
Yeah dude GG's, to be honest I've never played against such a good Abel even online, props to you man...that crazy air launch string was doing my head in  ???

If you used that EX Tornado Throw more after a cross up kick you'd be lethal.... :o

Yeah dude, I'll send you my deets. I've met a few peeps off the forums lately, would be choice to orgainise a meet up at some point....but I think Lenny may have beaten me to it.

I don't really use Abel's EX moves that much, besides EX roll... they're just too rubbish haha... whiffing an EX tornado throw REALLY hurts, as he has a ton of recovery time... so I just tend to not use it -- and blocking is actually a pretty good option as well, since teching throws at Yifans is 3000 times easier than online.

The roll mixups are actually really easy to get out of if you've seen them before... I've actually been abusing them like hell against everyone I play since no one really knows how to deal with them. One day I'm sure one of you will teach me a lesson for being a show pony

If there's something I KNOW that I'm lacking in my game, it's tick throwing, solid defense, and patience :/

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

EX throw 'beats out' more stuff. Fierce throw does the most damage, and jab throw has the most range. Theres a place for all of them. EX tornado on wakeup is surprisingly effective.

But why am i bothering to put my 2c in? You probably know more about Abel than i do. Hell, i havent played him in like a year.
<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

electric

Quote from: ILL_BILL on October 28, 2009, 07:36:34 PM
EX throw 'beats out' more stuff. Fierce throw does the most damage, and jab throw has the most range. Theres a place for all of them. EX tornado on wakeup is surprisingly effective.

But why am i bothering to put my 2c in? You probably know more about Abel than i do. Hell, i havent played him in like a year.

It doesn't really beat out "more" stuff, it just beats out other stuff... EX TT loses to normal throws, and loses REALLY bad to neutral jump... In saying that, it beats out ground moves clean. Normal TT beats out throws (yes, even Zangiefs Ultra) and has less recovery than EX TT, although it's still really bad

All good Bill, it's always good to hear other peoples opinions... would be keen to get some games in against your Fuerte too... That crazy little Mexican is a match up I have huge problems with

[FB] WICK3D WAYZ

Quote from: ILL_BILL on October 28, 2009, 06:39:39 PM
Not a bad Abel Jay. Rocking faces without even using f.mk. Its a fun match for El Fuerte. Not a fucking bullshit match like Rufus. >_>

And yea, ive decided to throw away all cautiousness and just play 'balls-first'. I seem to have some pretty decent results when i play like that. BIRRY WONG IS UNLEASHING THE BEAST

ggs today

nah my abel today was off bro, i was still in rufus mode lol my vega today was better though....well kind of :D
abel ultra 2 = the most hated among the community

[FB] WICK3D WAYZ

Quote from: DVS on October 28, 2009, 05:59:04 PM

Was good to meet you the other day bro, never seen anyone rocking Vega in Yifans....your Balrog is tight dude like a ziplock bag...choked my Ryu out  :-\

ggs bro finally put a face to DVS lol as for my boxer....i don't play with him much anymore, he's too f'n boring lol
abel ultra 2 = the most hated among the community

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Quote from: wick3d wayz on October 28, 2009, 10:22:14 PM

ggs bro finally put a face to DVS lol as for my boxer....i don't play with him much anymore, he's too f'n boring lol

He is compared to characters like Abel/Rufus/Claw. Fuck at some point i want to learn claw, but TBH im having a good amount of fun playing fucking ryu atm. >_> SOOOOOOO much easier than ken.
<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

zos'la

Would like to try that Abel if its better than Simonfish's one... but to this point I haven't seen a better Abel player than his...

Good to hear that birry wong is getting his balls together!!! hope to play u soon^^ if I got time to go Yifans :P

If anyones keen, Friday Yifans at about 3 pm :D
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

DVS

Quote from: ILL_BILL on October 28, 2009, 10:36:28 PM
Quote from: wick3d wayz on October 28, 2009, 10:22:14 PM

He is compared to characters like Abel/Rufus/Claw. Fuck at some point i want to learn claw, but TBH im having a good amount of fun playing fucking ryu atm. >_> SOOOOOOO much easier than ken.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Yea, Ryu is a shit ton better than Ken (no offense Budafist :-*) his focus & super are really great tools to have in the shed. Ken's focus is lacking & links into his Ultra are tricky to pull off due to the perfect timing you have to execute  :-X. Ryu has a number of ways to whip out his ultra which really arn't the difficult to pull off.

I'd also like to use claw a bit more, but I can't seem to see any links into the Ultra, have you found any?  :-\

electric

Quote from: DVS on October 29, 2009, 08:40:58 AM

Yea, Ryu is a shit ton better than Ken (no offense Budafist :-*) his focus & super are really great tools to have in the shed. Ken's focus is lacking & links into his Ultra are tricky to pull off due to the perfect timing you have to execute  :-X. Ryu has a number of ways to whip out his ultra which really arn't the difficult to pull off.

I'd also like to use claw a bit more, but I can't seem to see any links into the Ultra, have you found any?  :-\

From what I've heard from Tatsu on the SRK forums, the only way to hit Ultra with claw is as a punish, or after a focus, but you need to be close to the wall for it to hit

HoneyBadger

Ya, no links into ultra.

I think Ken just needs to be able to FADC or into ORA ORA ORA ORA off a non counter as well and then he'll be sweet  8)
my mum found dark dawn on the DS.

that game is gonna get raped.

MUMMYHALA

electric

Quote from: Smoofologist on October 29, 2009, 09:53:23 AM
I think Ken just needs to be able to FADC or into ORA ORA ORA ORA off a non counter as well and then he'll be sweet  8)

Yeah good call... I don't think Ken really has much FADC uses otherwise... his super does a decent stack of damage though... should be interesting to see what he's like in SSF4