• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

Auckland - Yifan's Queen St

Started by fluxcore, January 10, 2007, 02:06:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Quote from: DVS on October 29, 2009, 08:40:58 AM
Quote from: ILL_BILL on October 28, 2009, 10:36:28 PM
Quote from: wick3d wayz on October 28, 2009, 10:22:14 PM
Quote from: DVS on October 28, 2009, 05:59:04 PM
Quote from: wick3d wayz on October 22, 2009, 01:47:19 PM
il be in yifanz today if anyone is keen for 3rd strike

Was good to meet you the other day bro, never seen anyone rocking Vega in Yifans....your Balrog is tight dude like a ziplock bag...choked my Ryu out  :-\

Have to catch up for a few more games at some point.  ;)

ggs bro finally put a face to DVS lol as for my boxer....i don't play with him much anymore, he's too f'n boring lol

He is compared to characters like Abel/Rufus/Claw. Fuck at some point i want to learn claw, but TBH im having a good amount of fun playing fucking ryu atm. >_> SOOOOOOO much easier than ken.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Yea, Ryu is a shit ton better than Ken (no offense Budafist :-*) his focus & super are really great tools to have in the shed. Ken's focus is lacking & links into his Ultra are tricky to pull off due to the perfect timing you have to execute  :-X. Ryu has a number of ways to whip out his ultra which really arn't the difficult to pull off.

I'd also like to use claw a bit more, but I can't seem to see any links into the Ultra, have you found any?  :-\

He can cancel his roll into a lvl2 FA, and then into ultra, but thats all ive seen of it.

Quote from: electric on October 29, 2009, 10:14:31 AM
Quote from: Smoofologist on October 29, 2009, 09:53:23 AM
I think Ken just needs to be able to FADC or into ORA ORA ORA ORA off a non counter as well and then he'll be sweet  8)

Yeah good call... I don't think Ken really has much FADC uses otherwise... his super does a decent stack of damage though... should be interesting to see what he's like in SSF4

And he could use a faster walking speed, and various tweaks to his normals. Hes not BAD, but for a character with special moves centred around rushdown, his rushdown tools are significantly lacking. He doesnt need any major reworking, just some very very slight tweaks, and he will beast.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

Hydro

Quote from: ILL_BILL on October 29, 2009, 10:17:38 AM

He can cancel his roll into a lvl2 FA, and then into ultra, but thats all ive seen of it.

No he can't.

You simply don't get enough frames for a lvl2 focus off a Roll to pull it off, unfortunately.

Trust me, I've tried it heaps in training, it simply doesn't work. I haven't seen anyone pull it off, either, vids or otherwise. The most practical combo you can hope for using Roll (RCF) is probably some variation on: J.hp, c.lp ~ c.mp xx jab RCF FADC (the last hit early) c.lp ~ c.lp ~ c.mp XX EX.Izuna Drop...

And even that one is character specific (no shotos or a bunch of others).

electric

Quote from: zosla on October 29, 2009, 08:10:28 AM
Would like to try that Abel if its better than Simonfish's one... but to this point I haven't seen a better Abel player than his...

From what I've heard, Simons Abel is beast... haven't actually seen much of him play though, so I couldn't comment.

I've been slowly but surely working on the Ryu match up... I think I've finally got it down... I just need some solid practice against some top Ryus to get it all solidified
"gief can jump above the screen and pummel all over the place..." - Zosla

HoneyBadger

Ken had his turn at being top tier!
my mum found dark dawn on the DS.

that game is gonna get raped.

MUMMYHALA

CrazyMobius

GGS to Bill, Massiah (?) and Jay yesterday. Had a bit of practice recently Jay with various Rufus's but that was still damn close!

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Yea gg's team.

And ggs to Mason again this morning. Fuck Akuma is lame. And i need to learn that Rufus match as well.

And gg to who i THINK was one of the coldfires. Not a bad viper. Just need to keep applying the pressure. If i cant breathe, i cant win. :P
<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

[FB] WICK3D WAYZ

Quote from: hydrokinesis on October 29, 2009, 10:30:56 AM
Quote from: ILL_BILL on October 29, 2009, 10:17:38 AM

No he can't.

You simply don't get enough frames for a lvl2 focus off a Roll to pull it off, unfortunately.

Trust me, I've tried it heaps in training, it simply doesn't work. I haven't seen anyone pull it off, either, vids or otherwise. The most practical combo you can hope for using Roll (RCF) is probably some variation on: J.hp, c.lp ~ c.mp xx jab RCF FADC (the last hit early) c.lp ~ c.lp ~ c.mp XX EX.Izuna Drop...

And even that one is character specific (no shotos or a bunch of others).

i need to see your claw in action hydro :)
abel ultra 2 = the most hated among the community

[FB] WICK3D WAYZ

Quote from: CrazyMobius on October 29, 2009, 11:41:01 AM
GGS to Bill, Massiah (?) and Jay yesterday. Had a bit of practice recently Jay with various Rufus's but that was still damn close!

gg mobius it went down to the wire, hope to see you down yifanz today :)
abel ultra 2 = the most hated among the community

zos'la

Bill,
its not hard to get out of Akuma's tricks, as Mason is always repeating himself :P
just get ur spacing right and he is practically GG la. Just careful with the ultra/super as he lures u into them with his little tricks lol. Sorry mason to expose you hehe.

too bad yifans don't have the console characters, would love to try out some of the ones I recently learnt :(
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

massi4h

Yeah gg mobius yesterday. I played one game with you and got absolutely destroyed. And yeah this morning was lol Bill. And hey Andy, when we played on Friday, you weren't particularly owning my akuma. My vortex still needs more work and I really can only do that shit on sagat.

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Quote from: zosla on October 29, 2009, 02:52:54 PM
Bill,
its not hard to get out of Akuma's tricks, as Mason is always repeating himself :P
just get ur spacing right and he is practically GG la. Just careful with the ultra/super as he lures u into them with his little tricks lol. Sorry mason to expose you hehe.

too bad yifans don't have the console characters, would love to try out some of the ones I recently learnt :(

Fuerte doesnt really have an answer for akumas roundhouse pressure. Cody gets me with the same stuff. And all my wake up pressure is negated due to that teleport.

But yea. Like mason says, yesterday he got rolled, today i got rolled. Since im going back to the 'guns blazing' approach, i expect my results to be drastically mixed like this. But im always gonna have trouble with the akuma match i think.
<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

Lennysaurus

For what its worth I tend to play Akuma with a very much hit and run style.  Zone him to about fuerts slide and react to what he does.

Also dont bother doing anything to him until you have built up at least one EX bar. 

I use EX run on reaction to Akumas St.Roundhouse, and then mix up oki.  Remeber most AKumas are gonna teleport on wakeup, so bait it and punish.  Akuma also has alot of trouble against fuertes slide on wake up if you time it right.  If he manages to teleprt and you slide, it gives you enough frames to run to him and keep pressure on.

ALso fuerte is lucky in  that he is one of the better characters for escaping the vortex using EX Guacamole. 

Thats my experience, but only from the few decent akumas I have played online.

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

Hydro

Quote from: wick3d wayz on October 29, 2009, 02:19:51 PM

i need to see your claw in action hydro :)

All good Jay, Catch you either next wednesday at Yifans or at the blow out at RVB that weekend! Happy to share my Claw knowledge as. :D

[8-----D] Toots

Quote from: Smoofologist on October 29, 2009, 09:53:23 AM

I think Ken just needs to be able to FADC or into ORA ORA ORA ORA off a non counter as well and then he'll be sweet  8)

::)

Please no.

HoneyBadger

Hahaha, cmon you don't want Euan to play Ryu and actually beast us all do you?
my mum found dark dawn on the DS.

that game is gonna get raped.

MUMMYHALA