• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

Wugga is eating uppercuts

Main Menu

Auckland - Yifan's Queen St

Started by fluxcore, January 10, 2007, 02:06:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Quote from: zosla on October 30, 2009, 08:24:57 AM
im sure it was something like 15-5? Mason? :D
but u have improved from last time we played :)

Giving Ken a ultra link.. or Ryu's fireball... not a good idea. lol.
its like give Ryu Ken's forward mid kick and sagats tiger knee :D
LOL, it's nothing like that. First of all he's allready got a fireball, that pretty much looks exactly the same, he just needs the same zoning properties. Ryu pretty much makes him look stupid that way.
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

Lennysaurus

Quote from: weazzyefff on October 30, 2009, 11:54:57 AM
Quote from: zosla on October 30, 2009, 08:24:57 AM
im sure it was something like 15-5? Mason? :D
but u have improved from last time we played :)

Giving Ken a ultra link.. or Ryu's fireball... not a good idea. lol.
its like give Ryu Ken's forward mid kick and sagats tiger knee :D
LOL, it's nothing like that. First of all he's allready got a fireball, that pretty much looks exactly the same, he just needs the same zoning properties. Ryu pretty much makes him look stupid that way.

Ken isnt about zoning imo.  If he was gonna be a zoner then we may as well just sack him and have ryu.

Ken has traditionally been a highpriority in your face mixup machine.  I think the natural weakness of mixup in comparison to zoning is Ken's biggest problem in this game.

I wrote a bit of a novel in the super SSIV thread about my thoughts on balancing the characters.

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

[FB] WICK3D WAYZ

Quote from: zosla on October 30, 2009, 11:52:23 AM
Simonfish? lol?
if its him, please call him a noobie for me hahahaha.

haha simon was using ryu against bill, i havnt seen him use ryu that much to be honest

i beat his abel though, he kept tryna do his resets on me, i don't think he knew that i knew how to counter them ;D

ggs though with everyone down there
abel ultra 2 = the most hated among the community

JackSmash

Quote from: massi4h on October 30, 2009, 11:04:45 AM
Yeah whatever Andy... And the time before that when I played you at the giga comp I won 2-0 against your Chun. But that doesn't matter, you're much better than me and I beasted Jacksmash at Yifans anyway :)

2-1 = Beasting? Please, I'll show you what a real beasting is on Nov 7th. Akuma scrub

HoneyBadger

Bro, I beasted him 2-0. He just got overcome by da satsui no hadou
my mum found dark dawn on the DS.

that game is gonna get raped.

MUMMYHALA

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Quote from: JackSmash on October 30, 2009, 10:05:08 PM
Quote from: massi4h on October 30, 2009, 11:04:45 AM
Yeah whatever Andy... And the time before that when I played you at the giga comp I won 2-0 against your Chun. But that doesn't matter, you're much better than me and I beasted Jacksmash at Yifans anyway :)

2-1 = Beasting? Please, I'll show you what a real beasting is on Nov 7th. Akuma scrub

OH SHIT SON
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

massi4h

Yeah 2-1 with 3-4 perfects :D. Still not sure if I can make it on the 7th due to exams.

fluxcore

Heh, joins the forums JUST TO CUSS YOU OUT mason!
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

stereomonkey

"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"

JackSmash

Hm,.. Yifans will be fine then i guess, u need to be reminded why you main Guitar Hero.  ;D

gunsmoke

Spent 3 credit (3 round )to kill CODY on KOF 98 UM ;D ;D ;D
Good game.....lol getting better because of u.....

Second stage wasted 4 credit ...couldn't beat u anymore....ur reaction 1 frame a sec away faster than me..... :-\
LiFe iS gOoD wHeN u WaNa Be!

[NIUE] Optimus DAVE

Quote from: JackSmash on October 31, 2009, 10:01:33 AM
Hm,.. Yifans will be fine then i guess, u need to be reminded why you main Guitar Hero.  ;D

REAL TALK SON, DAMMMMM
The New Generation Clockw0rk

DVS

Quote from: electric on October 29, 2009, 11:15:43 AM
Quote from: zosla on October 29, 2009, 08:10:28 AM
Would like to try that Abel if its better than Simonfish's one... but to this point I haven't seen a better Abel player than his...

From what I've heard, Simons Abel is beast... haven't actually seen much of him play though, so I couldn't comment.

I've been slowly but surely working on the Ryu match up... I think I've finally got it down... I just need some solid practice against some top Ryus to get it all solidified

gg's today electric, could tell you were slightly off tho. Did you have a big weekend?

I still reckon intergrating that EX tornado throw into your game more would be devastating  ;)...pity that the wheel kick has a bit too much start up on it, otherwise it would be a good counter against fireballs...I was really wary to throw any at all unless it was in a combo  :-\

I have to admit I'm happy I figured out a way to counter that air juggle, it was giving me nightmares after out last encounter. You bouched me all over the screen like a rag doll last week.....almost gave me motion sickness  :-X
"You'll never survive in the jungle"......

electric

Yeah, I was definitely off... Couldn't get in on you so I got super impatient, hence all the air-to-air stuff, and as everyone knows, impatience vs. Ryu = death haha

I've hit a bit of a slump recently to be honest... I'm not sure exactly what it is, but I just seem to lose EVERYTHING :/ maybe just one of those weeks ?

Anyways, I'm also glad you figured out how to beat the roll mixups... Neutral jump also works to some degree, but again, it's a mixup that you don't really want to be on the wrong end of. EX shoryu is the best option, but be wary of a cr.hp xx lk roll, block, as you could just be in the same situation after landing

Since Ryu pretty much controls the match up, the only real way to win it is to unsettle him... Get in, tech throws, block all day, then wait for a mistake and punish it to pieces. Thats when you can start working all the mixups, which I never managed to do :(

Hopefully I can get out of this funk and give you an actual challenge next time haha
"gief can jump above the screen and pummel all over the place..." - Zosla

DVS

Quote from: electric on November 03, 2009, 09:26:06 AM
Yeah, I was definitely off... Couldn't get in on you so I got super impatient, hence all the air-to-air stuff, and as everyone knows, impatience vs. Ryu = death haha

I've hit a bit of a slump recently to be honest... I'm not sure exactly what it is, but I just seem to lose EVERYTHING :/ maybe just one of those weeks ?

Anyways, I'm also glad you figured out how to beat the roll mixups... Neutral jump also works to some degree, but again, it's a mixup that you don't really want to be on the wrong end of. EX shoryu is the best option, but be wary of a cr.hp xx lk roll, block, as you could just be in the same situation after landing

Since Ryu pretty much controls the match up, the only real way to win it is to unsettle him... Get in, tech throws, block all day, then wait for a mistake and punish it to pieces. Thats when you can start working all the mixups, which I never managed to do :(

Hopefully I can get out of this funk and give you an actual challenge next time haha

I reckon we should organise a jam session at some point, I really enjoy playing against people who have other characters down. Usually it's a Ryu or Ken match up at Yifans....unless any of the other forum fullas are down there....

I also enjoy using Rose...and would like to text her against your Abel... :)
"You'll never survive in the jungle"......