• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

Auckland - Yifan's Queen St

Started by fluxcore, January 10, 2007, 02:06:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Quote from: ILL_BILL on November 13, 2009, 05:18:46 PM
Quote from: weazzyefff on November 13, 2009, 04:29:10 PM
So what happened Gene? Any perfects bro?

Not quite that bad, but i still played AWFULLY.
Looks like you need to start putting in the practice time, and watch el fuerte vids over and over until you think your the guy playing.

OR just switch to a mid tier char or someone thats easier to play with. OR just drink more beers, dunno why, it's just good for you, better than that shit weetbix.
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Quote from: weazzyefff on November 13, 2009, 07:20:47 PM

Looks like you need to start putting in the practice time, and watch el fuerte vids over and over until you think your the guy playing.

OR just switch to a mid tier char or someone thats easier to play with. OR just drink more beers, dunno why, it's just good for you, better than that shit weetbix.

Yea youre probably right. No excuses for playing shit.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

DVS

Quote from: ILL_BILL on November 14, 2009, 06:22:26 AM

Maybe you should start applying all that advice you give to other people to your own game..... ::)

You looked like a steaming kettle when you walked out of Yifans.....don't get mad, get even..... :-*

El Fuerte is a bottom feeder shit character....harden up and use a character with projectiles... 8)
"You'll never survive in the jungle"......

stereomonkey

May as well make it Shoto Fighter 4 if that was the case
"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Quote from: DVS on November 15, 2009, 02:33:32 PM
Quote from: ILL_BILL on November 14, 2009, 06:22:26 AM

Maybe you should start applying all that advice you give to other people to your own game..... ::)

You looked like a steaming kettle when you walked out of Yifans.....don't get mad, get even..... :-*

El Fuerte is a bottom feeder shit character....harden up and use a character with projectiles... 8)

I do generally apply that 'advice' to my own game. I know what i was doing wrong and i just wasnt rectifying it. Hence looking like a steaming kettle. The loss itself doesnt make me angry, its the fact that i was losing to stuff that i know how to counter, and regularly do so, but i just wasnt. And moreso, when i attempted to 'get even' i suffered from the thing that annoyed me in the first instance. >_>

And Fuerte is fine. He lacks a bit here and there but when he's not being played retardedly (ie. full screen run -> splases. >_>) he has plenty of tools to fend off the rest of the cast. I played with ryu at yifans for about a week recently, and had MUCH better results than with fuerte, but there was absolutely NO satisfaction in the wins, and i wasn't having fun playing with him. I find most of the cast boring as fuck to be honest. Thats why i use fuerte. And lets not forget you were using guile, who is arguably more bottom feeding than fuerte is.

But yea, apologies for the rage. It was justified from my perspective, but i imagine talking to someone who looks like theyre about to explode is pretty awkward.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

CrazyMobius

If it makes you feel better, that Ken dude on the other side of you was getting equally as pissed.  ;D

DVS

Quote from: CrazyMobius on November 15, 2009, 08:29:04 PM
If it makes you feel better, that Ken dude on the other side of you was getting equally as pissed.  ;D

Everybody just needs to get onto the Guile train.......by the time Super drops he'll be a top tier badass motherfucker....more; "Here we go, 1...2....STRIKE!!"...and less "DAMMIT"....
"You'll never survive in the jungle"......

[NIUE] Optimus DAVE

Quote from: DVS on November 15, 2009, 09:25:33 PM
Quote from: CrazyMobius on November 15, 2009, 08:29:04 PM

Everybody just needs to get onto the Guile train.......by the time Super drops he'll be a top tier badass motherfucker....more; "Here we go, 1...2....STRIKE!!"...and less "DAMMIT"....

....... >:( :'(
The New Generation Clockw0rk

electric

I used Guile when I first started playing the game, but I couldn't get over how ugly his character portrait was lol... and his model could use some work, IMO, but couldn't they all ?

Hopefully he gets the buffs he's well in need of... then I may pick him back up again!
"gief can jump above the screen and pummel all over the place..." - Zosla

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Quote from: electric on November 15, 2009, 10:44:09 PM

I used Guile when I first started playing the game, but I couldn't get over how ugly his character portrait was lol... and his model could use some work, IMO, but couldn't they all ?

Hopefully he gets the buffs he's well in need of... then I may pick him back up again!
Yeah i was playing him at the start too, then i found out he wasn't one of the best, and I was like ohhh heeeyylll nnooo. Switched to Ryu/Sagat right quick, then they got boring right quick so kept on switching. Now Ryu's fun again cos i'm shit with him again, and I get those ''yeah I just fadc'ed on the 1p side omg'' feelings again.
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

samurai black

he really is an ugly cunt in sf4. hes never been pretty, but jeebus  :o

CrazyMobius

What?! No way man that's Ikeno. As far as I'm concerned they are perfect! It seems like he really went for the Old school Akiman style and it the hell works. You rarely see this bravery in commercial media these days and I am so thankful that Street Fighter stuck to it's guns rather than trodding down the o so safe but utterly souless garden path.

CrazyMobius

Quote from: samurai black on November 15, 2009, 11:59:51 PM

he really is an ugly cunt in sf4. hes never been pretty, but jeebus  :o

Man you guys is crayzee.

Hydro

Agreed Som, Guile looks like Guile as.

I think all of the portraits do the characters justice, and really show the flavor of each also.

HoneyBadger

Quote from: CrazyMobius on November 16, 2009, 07:42:45 AM

What?! No way man that's Ikeno. As far as I'm concerned they are perfect! It seems like he really went for the Old school Akiman style and it the hell works. You rarely see this bravery in commercial media these days and I am so thankful that Street Fighter stuck to it's guns rather than trodding down the o so safe but utterly souless garden path.

ja. If you looked at what they were trying to do, I think they did a pretty good job of achieving it.
my mum found dark dawn on the DS.

that game is gonna get raped.

MUMMYHALA