• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

Auckland - Yifan's Queen St

Started by fluxcore, January 10, 2007, 02:06:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zos'la

its called experience, still calm and learn his patern.
once your out of teh mixups he don't have much options.
But to be honest, jsut don't get knock down :)

Kill the mutha b4 he gets to do anything hehe.
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

electric

Quote from: Smoofologist on December 09, 2009, 01:09:52 PM
What you said is pretty much

MAN HOW DO I BEAT BIRRY WONG AT ROCK PAPER SCISSORS!?!?!?!!?

Thats pretty much what it feels like... I guess the only conclusion I can come to from this is that Fuerte is a mother fucker lol

Get SF4 for PS3 Bill so I can practice :P
"gief can jump above the screen and pummel all over the place..." - Zosla

CrazyMobius

Quote from: electric on December 09, 2009, 01:04:52 PM
FUCK YOU BIRRY WONG!

God... I have no fucking idea what to do against Fuerte :( -- it also doesn't help that my bnb (f+mk, st.hp xx hp CoD) doesn't work because of your fucking reeling animation...

How is someone supposed to deal with Fuerte wake up mixups ? I now know that crouch block is the worst fucking thing you can do, but my other options weren't exactly working either...

jump out < tostada
focus/ex roll < tortilla
stand block < everything fucking imaginable except tostada

What do I do ? :(

What about play your own mixup game with quick stand and regular stand?

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Yea it's  a guessin game.

jump HP › tortilla

Roll > splash

Learn his pattern, and dont worry if you take a few, the damage is shit. A couple of good Abel mix ups should hurt fuerte pretty bad.
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Its not so much a 'pattern' that you have to learn, but more learning to read fuerte a bit better. (hes at distance X, so hes most likely to do move Y etc.)

For the most part though, a backdash is a good option on wake up against fuerte. Just keep an eye out for meaty slides. For the most part though, a simple backdash is going to drastically slow down his momentum on wake up.

And weazzy, you know fuerte has A LOT more than 2 mix up options dont you? Knowing how to counter splash and tortilla isnt going to get you anywhere, except against terrible fuerte's. Most of the time, i try to stay away from tostada now anyway, since it is the most easily punished of fuerte's options. That being said, once youve trained your opponent to think youre not going to tostada, thats when you take the fucker to splash mountain. Besides that, its crap outside of a high/low crossup with a c.lk/c.mk (and even then its pretty shit) Splash is the move you spam against scrubs, since they cant be mixed up, due to them just mashing dragons. And a jump HP wont beat a tortilla if its timed right. In fact, if you jump hp a SAFE tortilla, youre eating a guac, an ultra, or a c.hp -> more mixups. (That being said, if you jump hp an UNSAFE tortilla, then fuerte is probably going to eat that hp. And god knows im good at fucking up the timing on the safe tortilla. I tend to do it early and then Jacks sagat hits me with an autocorrected tiger)

Best thing to do against fuerte believe it or not is take Andy's advice and rush him down. Since he hits like a bitch, and takes damage like a girl, the match is all about getting the momentum as much in your favour as you can. If fuerte isnt mixing you up, then he is losing the match.

Specifically against me, if you turtle up, im generally not patient enough to counter play it. (I got Sconned by an awful AWFUL balrog after you left yesterday. Made me rage.) But fuerte has plenty of runaway tools, and if both opponents are at opposite sides of the screen, sitting there playing 'come and get me bitch', fuerte is just as good at it as any other character in the game. And, helpful hint: If fuerte moves off the ground AT ALL when hes not doing a wake up mixup, (ie. if the tard is trying to splash you from half screen etc) Abel can skyfall EVERYTHING he has. Including his fucking f.mk iirc. But youre gonna need some fucking ESP for that shit.

But yea, chalk it up to experience. Youre better than me bro. You were robbed.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Nah yeah, what I meant was, ugh hmm.......http://forums.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=214340

Couldnt be bothered explaing EVERYTHING. You cant touch me Birry Wong, all this info is stalled in my membrane.
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

zos'la

replying too much on information maybe hardmful to your gameplpay as everyone plays differently and its different everytime. Best bet is to watch and adjust to the situation.

electric

Quote from: zosla on December 10, 2009, 08:05:46 AM
replying too much on information maybe hardmful to your gameplpay as everyone plays differently and its different everytime. Best bet is to watch and adjust to the situation.

I LIKE too much information... the more the better -- that's how I learn

Cheers for the info Bill... I've read so how the match Fuerte Abel match up SHOULD be played, but I guess I just need a chance to put it in to action... Shiro vs. TKD is a great example of it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n84PMHqi5JY

Shiro gets caught in the mix up early in the first round and gets punished for doing so... He never reaaaally gets out of it... so I guess the way to beat Fuerte is to never get in to the mix in the first place

Abels back dash sucks balls, but it seems like it has some uses in the Fuerte match, at least on wake up... I'm pretty sure I could react to a meaty slide and block accordingly too

More games bro!
"gief can jump above the screen and pummel all over the place..." - Zosla

[NIUE]iRONSoL

pringles

Lennysaurus

THe problem with fuerte is that his mixups are broken down into twp categories.

You either get thrown.... or you dont get thrown.  Hence, if you focus on wake up you have nullified half his wakeup mixup.  If you guess right off the 50-50 you have a chance to destroy half his lifebar with most characters.

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

zos'la

Lenny is right and as stated you either try not to let them get you into the mixup or if you do you have to play teh 50/50 game like any other characters mixup.

with relying on too much information makes you hesitate to do certain things hence will decrease your action/reaction and restrict/ limit you and thats when you will get confuse and make mistakes.

What I am implying is that you can have as much information about teh matchup as you want but at teh end of the day its really how you integrate those knowledge back into your gameplay and make it your style. This is just my advice, so don't take it the wrong way, as everyone has their own way of doing things.

fluxcore

... the information TELLS you that it can be broken down into the 50/50, and what the parameters are. You can 'play' all you like and you might not be able to experience every possible scenario and test out every possible move. Once you HAVE the information there's nothing to hesitate about!

This is precisely why analyzing this shit is useful!
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Exactly.

Without the information yiu might not be hesitating, but you wont you also wont be doing the right move for the situation.

Like if you didnt know you can Ultra rec frames on Abels roll. You would probably Tortillla, then if he did it again a couple times you would tortilla again, while your Ultra just sits there. The info 's giving you scenarios to think about, so you DONT hesitate when choosing the best option.

samurai black

bro, just wing it and hope for the best.

HoneyBadger

my mum found dark dawn on the DS.

that game is gonna get raped.

MUMMYHALA