• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

DID YOU SEE THAT? That was the DAMAGER!

Main Menu

Auckland - Yifan's Queen St

Started by fluxcore, January 10, 2007, 02:06:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

massi4h

Hydro

stereomonkey

"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"

samurai black

so how about that oriental legend 2? way fun beat em up, i just like using the monkey king

stereomonkey

I wish I could go to Yifans.  Sounds like fun

EDIT: That game looks like HEAPS OF FUN!
"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"

Hydro

I've always been a fan of the Guilty Gear series personally. Do they still have it down at yifans, I must check it out next time I'm down, in 2015.

massi4h

No rival schools remake for xbox/ps3 :( QQQQQQQQ

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Jesus. I dont post for like, 18 hours, and this happens.

Im actually not going to bother saying anything.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

zos'la

Quote from: hydrokinesis on December 10, 2009, 08:23:27 PM
Quote from: zosla on December 10, 2009, 06:35:53 PM
lol and lol and more LOL.
seriously Simon, get real with your comments, if you have even payed attention to my post you would of understood that i said from the very beginning, I was merely giving my point of view on things and you guys turned it into this nonsense.

Time to start shutting your fuckin mouth Andy, goddamn, you spout so much bullshit sometimes, I'm 'bout to courier some toilet paper over to your place so you can wipe your little chinny chin chin.

Cut it the fuck out.

You are not a fuckin SFIV guru, you're not a fuckin SFIV master, you're not even articulate enough to make your fuckin point without coming across like some condescending jackass.

Here's a tip for next time: leave the keyboard alone.

wow now where did this come from? hope I didn't hurt anyone's feeling because it was all a discussion, so dude calm down. All I did was put my perspective and opinion and I am sure this is a free country where I could do so? this forum won't look half alive without this stuff.
Im not interested in your tips ty very much, you can say all you like as Will I :)
so please, be friendly :)

Weazzy I actually have nothing against you mate^^ just pointing our own views so no biggy :)
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

[NIUE] weazzyefff

LOL, I've actually hated you since I first laid eyes on you.

Nah jokes.
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Quote from: zosla on December 10, 2009, 11:08:35 PM
Quote from: hydrokinesis on December 10, 2009, 08:23:27 PM
Quote from: zosla on December 10, 2009, 06:35:53 PM
lol and lol and more LOL.
seriously Simon, get real with your comments, if you have even payed attention to my post you would of understood that i said from the very beginning, I was merely giving my point of view on things and you guys turned it into this nonsense.

Time to start shutting your fuckin mouth Andy, goddamn, you spout so much bullshit sometimes, I'm 'bout to courier some toilet paper over to your place so you can wipe your little chinny chin chin.

Cut it the fuck out.

You are not a fuckin SFIV guru, you're not a fuckin SFIV master, you're not even articulate enough to make your fuckin point without coming across like some condescending jackass.

Here's a tip for next time: leave the keyboard alone.

wow now where did this come from? hope I didn't hurt anyone's feeling because it was all a discussion, so dude calm down. All I did was put my perspective and opinion and I am sure this is a free country where I could do so? this forum won't look half alive without this stuff.
Im not interested in your tips ty very much, you can say all you like as Will I :)
so please, be friendly :)

Weazzy I actually have nothing against you mate^^ just pointing our own views so no biggy :)

James' comment was totally justified. What you said was smarmy and rude. And what you said before that sparked everything was condescending and unneccessary. I dont think you realise how rude youre being. You THINK youre giving your point of view, but youre actually NOT. What you have ACTUALLY said is 'im better than you all lololololol.'

Ill give examples.

Here is a post that you made:

Quotewe can argue all day about this, as I stated we all have our ways of doing things. Some do it with try and error, some read/analyze specific informations and only go by the book.
Personally, I hate books and I like custimozing stuff and integrating my our views/ideas into things I learn and create something new, its all about being different and being creative.

I don't see all you guys that analyze every freaking move and knowning what to do and not do in situations do any better than those who don't.

The part in italics is your opinion. Thats fine. That is totally welcome discussion. The part in bold is rude and arrogant. Totally unnecessary and shouldnt have been said.

Example 2:

Quotereplying too much on information maybe hardmful to your gameplpay as everyone plays differently and its different everytime. Best bet is to watch and adjust to the situation.

This is the quote that started EVERYTHING. You misunderstood WHY we were analysing things. Our analysis wasnt specific to different playstyles, it was specific to different moves.

What youre talking about here is adaptation. You were saying 'everyone plays differently so theres no point talking about things without knowing how they play'. What everyone else was saying was that 'if you discuss all your options in advance, you have the knowledge ready for when the opponents playstyle changes. So you are able to adapt with minimal risk involved.'

Remember what i said before about you having the knowledge but not knowing you have it? Its the same here. What you consider 'adjusting to the situation' is THE SAME AS 'knowing what different techniques to use when the opponent does something specific (ie turtle/rushdown/runaway)' All we are doing is discussing it.

Electric asked for specific advice in the fuerte match. We gave it to him. What you said was basically 'play more'. By discussing it beforehand, it helps him learn quicker when he inevitably does play again.

Example 3:

QuoteLenny is right and as stated you either try not to let them get you into the mixup or if you do you have to play teh 50/50 game like any other characters mixup.

with relying on too much information makes you hesitate to do certain things hence will decrease your action/reaction and restrict/ limit you and thats when you will get confuse and make mistakes.

What I am implying is that you can have as much information about teh matchup as you want but at teh end of the day its really how you integrate those knowledge back into your gameplay and make it your style. This is just my advice, so don't take it the wrong way, as everyone has their own way of doing things.

The part in bold annoyed people. You say youre giving your opinion, but the part in bold is specific ONLY to you. Noone cares what works for you unless they ask about it.

The part in italics is actually intelligent posting. We all know this. Electric ASKED for us to help him out. So we are. You show here that you understand different methods of learning, but unfortunately the whole post is brought down by that part in bold. The part in bold is you TELLING everyone that one method is wrong. And that is totally untrue, and ignorant. THIS annoys people. I personally know its not intentional, and to a lesser extent, everyone else does too, but you just need to be careful with how you say things.

Aaaaand finally. The comment that really REALLY annoyed people was:

Quotelol and lol and more LOL.

At least Smoof has the guts to admit to thing whereas many of you just go on and on about analyzing this and reading that, then what happens? ends up losing to who? those who hardly read those SRK forums or eventube. Therefore I gave my opinion on this as i see the exact problem lies within every single one of you. Your top players here are who? Kevin? Simonfish? Hue? Cody? or the Guile guy? none of them read anything, all we do is watch and play each other, the most they will do is watch some vids of Daigo. The only one that uses his knowledge from reading forums/ guides would be Ben and have done well, that is because he is that much different from most of you.

Oh and Mason, the first time I played SF4 I was actually taught by Hue and Simonfish while watching them play and taking their second rounds. But I do admit I checked out the move list on the arcade machine as I was wanting to know the focus atk command, does that count? guess so

This is ridiculous. And you shouldnt have even posted it. Your first sentence, you LAUGH at everyones opinions. This is INCREDIBLY rude. You say things like 'im just giving my opinion' but in this post, you basically tell everyone that theirs is so wrong that its funny. Which it stupid of you. Why would they take your opinion seriously when you dont bother doing the same for them?

The part in bold is really really ignorant. All youre saying here is 'im right because these guys dont read and they are better than you'. I would just like to point out that Hue, Cody, Kevin and Simon have ALL done their research to learn things. And 'watching videos of daigo' is doing the same thing as reading discussions. Theyre getting examples of what to do and when. Theyre just doing it through video instead of writing.

You have NO RIGHT to be saying that everyone will lose to these guys. This is totally incorrect, and demonstrates NOTHING besides your own arrogance. This was a complete waste of a post, and did nothing but make people angry. I had thought you were more intelligent than this.

Like i say, i dont think youre doing it deliberately, (which is why im generally not as aggressive in my reactions) but just be weary that 90% of people will react the way the others have if you talk to them like that. Noone likes arrogance. I know youre not going to change any time soon, and you shouldnt, thats who you are and thats fine. You just need to be careful when you talk about 'who you think the best players are and why' etc.

I hope this clears things up. Im not trying to be harsh. I know you a bit better than the rest of these guys, and i understand where youre coming from, and what you mean. You need to be aware that the rest of them dont. Im just trying to explain why everyone is annoyed, and while they reacted the way they did. Im trying to keep the peace here.
<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Andy bro im not trying to start anything with that post. Im just trying to explain why everyone is talking the way they are. Im not angry or annoyed at you. Like i say, i know you a bit better, so as far as im concerned were all good. You just need to be careful what you say around the others.
<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

geneterror

KOW 2011

fluxcore

Yeah, the points raised above are pretty much what got me annoyed. Andy may have intended to say "hey read all you want, but you need to be able to apply the knowledge as well, and that comes from experience" (which by the way is true and fine, but pretty bloody obvious), however it came across as "you guys are doing it wrong and I'm better than you".

Now I know it has been demonstrated time and time again on these boards that he says one thing and means another, much less insulting thing (although I don't doubt for a minute he's reading this and going "I *am* better than all of you?"), and usually I don't fall for it but I guess this time I did. Not that that excuses the poor communication.
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

zos'la

To start with, thanks for teh wall of text bill you maniac, you actually made me read it... just because its quiet here in the morning :) appreciated the break down.

I had my reasons for what I posted, don't expect anyone to actually understand tbh.

Anyways, lets keep the post as it is there is no further dicussion needed.
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.