• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

Auckland - Yifan's Queen St

Started by fluxcore, January 10, 2007, 02:06:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DVS

They now have two machines up and running........had a some fairly close battles wif some asian dude last night...he was like..."who is this white dude"....haha
"You'll never survive in the jungle"......

massi4h

I completely agree with every complaint that Will has ever made about those machines. I can't play on the Yifan's machines anymore and I swear it is mad input lag or it's the screen or something. It's like playing on a 2-bar connection at home, I couldn't do anything near a 1-frame link and could barely time an AA shoryuken... I was raging so hard.

DVS

Quote from: massi4h on March 02, 2010, 09:03:54 AM
I completely agree with every complaint that Will has ever made about those machines. I can't play on the Yifan's machines anymore and I swear it is mad input lag or it's the screen or something. It's like playing on a 2-bar connection at home, I couldn't do anything near a 1-frame link and could barely time an AA shoryuken... I was raging so hard.

It's shit because I'm actually used to that Yifans lag timing now.....grrrrrr, something about the connection between machines or something........you never miss a link online dude (you bastard) ::).....that I know

zos'la

there is no lag, its just the resolution feels weired as its treched after making the gaphics/ picture looks nicer. I can do the 1 frame link no problems but I have to say their hardware needs to change, sticks and buttons.
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

Gankatron

DVS

Quote from: Gankatron on March 02, 2010, 10:24:58 AM
+1

SF4 at Yifans has no lag.

I reckon the timing/ feel of it is different than console...but thats just my two cents. It's not a complaint...I quite like how it plays at Yifans.....minus stick issues of course....

[NIUE] B1ackstar Ninja

I cant do any 1 frame links at yiffans , dunno if its the screens , lag , or the timing ?
so just gave up and do short jab dp now instead if I play there
"Attack me if you dare , i will crush you "

stereomonkey

Or better yet, you go on the beast roll on Anniversary Edition!  :D
"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"

DVS

Quote from: B1ackstar Ninja on March 02, 2010, 02:16:11 PM
I cant do any 1 frame links at yiffans , dunno if its the screens , lag , or the timing ?
so just gave up and do short jab dp now instead if I play there

All you need is FP anyway bro......why do a LP Shoryuken....when can do fierce? they should change all the buttons to FP....problem solved....

HoneyBadger

Yifans is probably the most laggy out of all the setups we regularly play on (excluding online) and the fucked up ratio doesn't help. That being said, the Yifans setups aren't so bad that they're unplayable.
my mum found dark dawn on the DS.

that game is gonna get raped.

MUMMYHALA

Rorooze

Quote from: zosla on March 02, 2010, 08:04:02 AM
LOL.. didn't Uni start yesterday -.-
anyways the machines in Yifans really need some maintainence as the stick is ...ewww bad lol.
only one of the machine is fine I think the other two's stick feels stiff xD don't think dirty now.
Anyways hope they fix it soon lor.

doing a masters, so I only got 8 hours of class, rest is self study/research/testing, i don't have class monday or friday :p

re: yifans, the sticks are rooted on all but one of the machines. I don't really notice all links, I think I get more links at yifans than at the training sessions actually :(

fluxcore

Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

HoneyBadger

my mum found dark dawn on the DS.

that game is gonna get raped.

MUMMYHALA

snowystepo

Quote from: samurai black on March 01, 2010, 01:15:24 PM
anything where blazblue was yet? i know they moved blazblue over next to the sf alpha machines, just curious if anything has shown up yet... maybe they play on putting a 3rd set of sf4 machines there.

is yifan going to get bbcs?
it would be good if they make it the same price as sf4~

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Yifans just generally feels quite noticably slower than at home. I dont think its 'lag' exactly, but something is fucking the speed in the ass. Try doing a decent length combo that requires your timing to be tight at home. Master it. Now go to yifans. Youll miss it. A few times id wager. Once you adjust to the timing (and you WILL adjust to the timing.) go home and try it. Youll miss it and have to learn the console timing again.

I hate sitting at home in my downtime and practicing rsf, then deciding to go to yifans, landing a focus attack, being like "OMG TIME TO RSF THIS FOOL" and then cocking it up and losing to angry ken guy (Though admittedly, MOST of my losses to that dude come from retarded inexcusable rubbish on my part). Its the reason why its taken me waaaaaaay longer than it should have to get good at it, because i was constantly adjusting my speed, and shit felt like it wasnt working when it shouldve been. Its not so bad with relatively easy links (Ryu's c.mp, c.mp, c.hk for example), in fact a lot of stuff even feels easier at yifans, since the game feels slower (eg. i find it much easier to land a few reps of rog's ex dash upper loop at yifans)

But im just trying to avoid playing it there as much as i have been, because most of the comp is on consoles, and ALL of the comp will be on consoles for SSF4, so why would i want to get used to a fucked up speed that isnt going to mean anything in the near future?
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.