• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

Newbies: feel free to ask for help! We can do training sessions online as well!

Main Menu

Auckland - Yifan's Queen St

Started by fluxcore, January 10, 2007, 02:06:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skullator

Quote from: moose! on March 03, 2010, 09:11:45 PM
I'm inclinded to agree with the slightly fruity You actually feel the move linking within you... thing, and I don't think character selection comes into it. Some players are simply too rigid in their timing and struggle to adjust to a change in playing environment- it shows where some people have huge problems changing between different platforms and setups and others can just sit down at any setup, have a couple of warmups and then go about their biznizzz as usual.

Well, Daigo whiffed his rediculously easy douple punch -> SRK link like there was no tomorrow at Evo09\Most US events since then using the slowest version of the game available (PS3) coming from the fastest version of the game available (Japanese arcade)

Good enough for me to go by, because I hear that guys execution is decent  :D
But hey.. that could always be advanced headgames eh? lol

And of course you are right, certain players will have a more difficult time adapting than others.. thats human nature. And warmups help immensly, warming up against Jacksmash's Sagat at nationals last year is what got me sent to losers immediately hahaha. I'd been in welly turning 21 the whole week prior  ;D

But still.. Ryu's frame windows are alot wider than, lets say chuns.. and alot safer.. so imo character select does come into it, just saying.

Oh and obligatory- Chun is not easy in third strike, learn to use footsies idiot! Gosh!!! (Had to do it, you get the point)

Skullator

Ilu both <3

WTF WHERE DID THEY GO?!?! lol

zos'la

Ryu is not easy to use, yes you can use him to a certain degree and find it easier but to get any better than the average you will have to know more than just oh.. easy combo or focus atk frame etc... A char's performance depends on teh player who uses them, in all honesty I find Chun so much easier to use against many other class which I have problems with using Ryu, reason being is teh different types of moves and play style I have with Chun and Ryu. This is just for example as stated every char has their pros and cons so you as a player you need to adjust to each gameplay/situation. the more you say WTF, its when you lose all confidence in execution and will fail everytime.

Bill,
you tell me its a load of crap that I don't do much practice? well anyways I don't :) I just PLAY the game as that IS my practice. Actually using them in real combat games and not against some standing AI which is not really intelligent.. xD
This pushes you NOT to miss as if you do, u lose, simple. Get a feel of the game and not the feel of your fingers/hands movements. Without feeling and sense of the game, you play like a robot.
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Zosla still talking that ish mayn. My ps3 is broke so dont play anymore, plus i got heaps of important uni shit like lv 1 maths lol. Its hard if you drink all day every day and try to bang every chick here lol.

besides everyone knowws SAGAT is teh hardest to use, real talk ya feel me.
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

Skullator

Weazzy bro! We miss you man :(!

geneterror

Quote from: weazzyefff on March 04, 2010, 09:59:06 AM
My ps3 is broke so dont play anymore, plus i got heaps of important uni shit like lv 1 maths lol. Its hard if you drink all day every day and try to bang every chick here lol.
Get that shit fixed yo!
Anyway good luck with the Uni and first year girls bro. Hope to see you online or at a event/tourney sometime bro.
KOW 2011

zos'la

Quote from: weazzyefff on March 04, 2010, 09:59:06 AM
Zosla still talking that ish mayn. My ps3 is broke so dont play anymore, plus i got heaps of important uni shit like lv 1 maths lol. Its hard if you drink all day every day and try to bang every chick here lol.

besides everyone knowws SAGAT is teh hardest to use, real talk ya feel me.

math 101... righttttt

good luck trying to bang the ladies  or get banged by the boyz!!!

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Quote from: zosla on March 04, 2010, 09:43:14 AMBill,
you tell me its a load of crap that I don't do much practice? well anyways I don't :) I just PLAY the game as that IS my practice. Actually using them in real combat games and not against some standing AI which is not really intelligent.. xD
This pushes you NOT to miss as if you do, u lose, simple. Get a feel of the game and not the feel of your fingers/hands movements. Without feeling and sense of the game, you play like a robot.

Thats practice. Its not training mode, but i didnt say anything about training mode. But i would say the amount of time and effort you have put into mastering your gameplay and combos (whether its a real match OR in training mode) is a lot higher than the amount ive put in. And it shows in how good you are. I wasn't aiming to insult you, i just think your time/effort gauge is a little off.

As for feeling the game, i agree completely. But i think about 'playing the game' and 'doing a combo' as 2 different things. They eventually blend into one, but the actual act of 'learning' to combo something is a rigid and repetative process. What you think is 'feeling the combo within you' is actually your muscle memory kicking in and remembering what it is youre trying to do.

I think we have our wires crossed again, and we are actually talking about the same thing, and we're arguing because we're each wording it differently. Fuck we always do this. :P Internet conversations are hard.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

stereomonkey

Man, how come Hamilton can't have Hyper Fighting.  So jealous of Yifans :'(
"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"

zos'la

Quote from: ILL_BILL on March 04, 2010, 11:53:55 AM
Thats practice. Its not training mode, but i didnt say anything about training mode. But i would say the amount of time and effort you have put into mastering your gameplay and combos (whether its a real match OR in training mode) is a lot higher than the amount ive put in. And it shows in how good you are. I wasn't aiming to insult you, i just think your time/effort gauge is a little off.

As for feeling the game, i agree completely. But i think about 'playing the game' and 'doing a combo' as 2 different things. They eventually blend into one, but the actual act of 'learning' to combo something is a rigid and repetative process. What you think is 'feeling the combo within you' is actually your muscle memory kicking in and remembering what it is youre trying to do.

I think we have our wires crossed again, and we are actually talking about the same thing, and we're arguing because we're each wording it differently. Fuck we always do this. :P Internet conversations are hard.
You're prolly right, I just talking about things base on my personal experience and knowledge. I don't relaly put those scientific facts into considerations xD

Lennysaurus

Wow another pointless argument has arisen in the NZism forums, and members have started taking written text on the interrnet as a personal affront!!! Who would have this could happen here!?! /Sarcasm

I think Moose summed this up well with his post eluding to the fact that people around the world are different, and that where some may struggle with one aspect, others may excel.

However, take this crap to the Street Fighter IV thread if you guys wan't to "debate" it further.  Anything else contributing to this argument in this thread will be deleted/modified.

Have a nice day :-)

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

[8-----D] Toots

Oh   :'( who deleted our posts

zos'la

Quote from: Toomeke on March 04, 2010, 01:19:47 PM
Oh   :'( who deleted our posts
it was me bitch!!! xD
actually the one above :P

hows wow life Ben? coming back to Yifans sometime soon? :P

fluxcore

Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

I should make "The Generic Off-Topic Argument Thread"

And just copy and paste all the off topic shit so we can argue about it there.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.