• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

Newbies: feel free to ask for help! We can do training sessions online as well!

Main Menu

Auckland - Yifan's Queen St

Started by fluxcore, January 10, 2007, 02:06:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Also, gg's to crazymobius from yesterday. Some fucking Weeeeiiiiiirrrd shit going on in that match.

ie.

Fuerte goes for a f.mk on wake up. -> Guile ultras. -> Fuerte gets hit by the first part, and then passes through guile as the rest of the ultra whiffs. O_o

Fuerte wall jumps. -> Guile Ultras -> Fuerte airthrows guile and beats his ultra.

If im jumping, and someone ultras, im going to mash airthrow from now on. That shit was so awesome.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

CrazyMobius

Quote from: ILL_BILL on March 05, 2010, 07:18:34 AM
Also, gg's to crazymobius from yesterday. Some fucking Weeeeiiiiiirrrd shit going on in that match.

ie.

Fuerte goes for a f.mk on wake up. -> Guile ultras. -> Fuerte gets hit by the first part, and then passes through guile as the rest of the ultra whiffs. O_o

Fuerte wall jumps. -> Guile Ultras -> Fuerte airthrows guile and beats his ultra.

If im jumping, and someone ultras, im going to mash airthrow from now on. That shit was so awesome.

It was almost worth losing just to see those wtf moments lol.

electric

Quote from: ILL_BILL on March 05, 2010, 07:18:34 AM

Best conclusion ever. I love it
"gief can jump above the screen and pummel all over the place..." - Zosla

zos'la

will be there at 1 pm today.

EDIT: heading there now
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

DVS

Quote from: electric on March 05, 2010, 08:58:39 AM
Best conclusion ever. I love it

Not surprized Guiles Ultra is fucking laughable in SF4.......
"You'll never survive in the jungle"......

[8-----D] Toots

Not sure if anyones gonna be there but im about to head in. Be there around 5

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Played a Ryu down there today who i havent seen before. Some impressive footsies. Gave me more trouble than i was expecting.
<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

DVS

Quote from: ILL_BILL on March 08, 2010, 07:58:57 PM
Played a Ryu down there today who i havent seen before. Some impressive footsies. Gave me more trouble than i was expecting.

Might be some of those Tekken dudes....they're starting to migrate over to SF4...played a few couple weeks back.....also saw some old third strikers having a jam late Friday arvo two weeks back...had a 2-3hr jam against this asian dude -really close battles (Ryu Mirrors + Ryu Vega), he had good excution too...think we were about 6 games each when he finally won back again and I had to cruise.....dude was like - white dudes arn't supposed to be that good....haha

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Quote from: DVS on March 08, 2010, 08:33:50 PM
Might be some of those Tekken dudes....they're starting to migrate over to SF4...played a few couple weeks back.....also saw some old third strikers having a jam late Friday arvo two weeks back...had a 2-3hr jam against this asian dude -really close battles (Ryu Mirrors + Ryu Vega), he had good excution too...think we were about 6 games each when he finally won back again and I had to cruise.....dude was like - white dudes arn't supposed to be that good....haha

Oh true. Thats good to hear. Unless the nzism crew is down there, the comp at yifans is genrally kind of ratshit.
<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

DVS

Quote from: ILL_BILL on March 08, 2010, 09:36:36 PM
Oh true. Thats good to hear. Unless the nzism crew is down there, the comp at yifans is genrally kind of ratshit.

Thats naive dude there are heaps of good players out there....

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Quote from: DVS on March 08, 2010, 09:53:17 PM
Thats naive dude there are heaps of good players out there....

There are, and i suppose it is kind of naive. Im all for helping level up the newer dudes, and yifans is great for that, but i DONT enjoy scrub bashing. And thats what a lot of matches at yifans end up being. I would rather get reamed by most of our guys and learn something personally.

Im sure me saying that annoys you, and fair enough i guess. I know i have an unrealistically high opinion of myself that i need to get over, but the majority of the people i end up playing at yifans i cant learn anything from. And thats the problem i have with the comp there. Its great when (like today) i do get to see some genuinely good new blood.
<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

zos'la

Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

Rorooze

I'll probably head down around lunch time to see whats cracking, max an hour though, I got lots of uni shit to get done. haha :(

gunsmoke

HEHE ...i will be down on Monday ....(*__*) still long way to go...

My Hand getting Itchy looong time didnt play .....

Anyone  ? MVC2 /KOF 98 UM ....old school game........ :-X :-[
LiFe iS gOoD wHeN u WaNa Be!

budafist

Quote from: ILL_BILL on March 08, 2010, 09:36:36 PM

I agree.
trouble is, the competition is too weak when the crew aint there,
and too strong when they are.
it gets expensive for me when nzism is reppin at yifans

I guess its karma for all the scrub bashing I do in the mornings.
The motherfucken answer lies in the heart of motherfucken battle!