• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

Auckland - Yifan's Queen St

Started by fluxcore, January 10, 2007, 02:06:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoeKage

Quote from: gunsmoke on January 06, 2009, 12:31:18 AM
Quote from: Elixir on January 05, 2009, 11:31:25 PM
Can someone list the non-fighting games that Yifan has? ie. if they have any pop'n or iidx, shmups (like dodonpachi, raiden, ketsui, mushihimesama) etc? Thanks.

Yes 19XX I'm da best in Yifan ........ ::) ::) ::) ::) ;D ;D ;D

:o :o :o
Sage of the 6 Paths

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Half the arcade is MAME platforms >_>
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

gunsmoke

LiFe iS gOoD wHeN u WaNa Be!

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Ill probably be here this afternoon after work from about 4pm ish
<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

gunsmoke

Quote from: ILL_BILL on January 07, 2009, 10:33:49 AM
Ill probably be here this afternoon after work from about 4pm ish

This is da damn right time cuz is Joekage birthday..bro......TVC and MVC2 casual match yaya ::) ::) ::)

HCO

I'll probably be there as well playing Ragna. Gonna head into town pretty soon I think

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Nice. Xbox hat guy is trying to convince the manager to unlock Hakumen on Blazblue.
<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

Elixir

I just got back from Yifan's actually. Amazing arcade.. I've never been there before. I can't believe how many things they have.. iidx 7th in a 3rd cab, melty blood, pop'n fever, ez2dj, bunch of initial d stuff, bunch of daytona cabs, taiko no tatsujin 11, and more importantly mushihimesama futari 1.5, which is the only thing I bothered to play.

Managed to get up to stage 4's boss on my first credit, first try. I'm really surprised. Second credit I ended up at the beginning/middle of stage 5, both on Original mode. I'm not really big on fighters these days (although, I have Tatsucap at home) but it was nice to see the SF4/BlazBlue/TvC head-to-head cabs there.

Some guy was beasting on drummania and attracted like 5 spectators, haha

Give me some competition in Mushihimesama Futari! (It's like.. opposite the SF4/BB/TvC setup (not the Tekken 6 side) and to the left, at the end of the first row there)

JoeKage

Quote from: ILL_BILL on January 07, 2009, 01:28:57 PM
Nice. Xbox hat guy is trying to convince the manager to unlock Hakumen on Blazblue.

Yep he unlocked it and keep up the Magnus IllBill and GunSmoke. Kool games today yall  ;D ;D
Sage of the 6 Paths

gunsmoke

Quote from: JoeKage on January 07, 2009, 07:15:52 PM
Quote from: ILL_BILL on January 07, 2009, 01:28:57 PM

Yep he unlocked it and keep up the Magnus IllBill and GunSmoke. Kool games today yall  ;D ;D

Lol Bill become best mate with Xbox guy yaya... ::) ::)

gunsmoke

Quote from: Elixir on January 07, 2009, 05:34:13 PM

Some guy was beasting on drummania and attracted like 5 spectators, haha

that must be JMC is hiroshi lol

gunsmoke

Quote from: HCO on January 07, 2009, 12:04:14 PM
I'll probably be there as well playing Ragna. Gonna head into town pretty soon I think

is that you playing Ragna today?? U might see me play TVC im just beside incase i meet da wrong guy.... :-X :-X :-X

HCO

Quote from: gunsmoke on January 07, 2009, 07:39:53 PM
Quote from: HCO on January 07, 2009, 12:04:14 PM

is that you playing Ragna today?? U might see me play TVC im just beside incase i meet da wrong guy.... :-X :-X :-X

Yeah! That was me. Sorry I didn't say hi, Bill told me that everyone there was from NZism but I didn't know who was who. Were you the dude with the cap and the sunglasses?

Xbox guy didn't seem too bad to me. At least he gave me the second round to practise my terrible execution on sticks, haha. On a related note, I need to buy a cheap Japanese stick for PS2 or something. Anything I can practise arcade stick execution on.

Edit: Elixir, what genre of games do you play? I mainly play fighting games and formerly driving ones, but I'm down for random games.

Elixir

Quote from: HCO on January 07, 2009, 07:44:23 PMEdit: Elixir, what genre of games do you play? I mainly play fighting games and formerly driving ones, but I'm down for random games.

Mostly shmups, then bemani, then fighters. I'm actually really glad that Mushihimesama Futari 1.5 is there. In fact, I didn't expect some of the more obscure Japanese shmups (mostly CAVE ones which were never ported to consoles, ie. Ibara Black Label, Muchi Muchi Pork, Pink Sweets, Ketsui, Mushi Futari, etc) so.. I uh.. I bought a Japanese Supergun and purchase the arcade boards for home use. I recently bought a Ketsui board, which was ~$1750.

As for bemani, I mostly play Pop'n. I saw a Pop'n Fever at Yifan's but I suck with arcade style.. I have the mini Pop'n controller so I should try practicing with that some more. I can only pass a maximum of 35's with the mini contrller, I'm guessing I would struggle with anything above 28 hypers on the arcade.

I'd like to get back into IIDX. I never really got "into" it years ago when I was playing Pop'n but I felt it easy to get into since it's basically Pop'n minus 2 buttons and plus a turntable. I have a big IIDX package coming from Japan (arcade style controller for PS2, IIDX 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th, RED, Happy Sky, DistorteD and GOLD, JP PS2 (already have one for imports like Dodonpachi Daioujou and Espgaluda, plus almost all of my PS2 games are Japanese, but it was part of the package) so I'll be practicing with that. But it's always gonna remain secondary to shmups, my favorite genre.

Regarding fighters, I'm gonna buy SF2HD tonight and will buy BlazBlue once it gets a PS3 release. I was spectating this Arakune at Yifan's today.. I'm thinking of taking him up come the time of the console release.

Quote from: HCO on January 07, 2009, 07:44:23 PMXbox guy didn't seem too bad to me. At least he gave me the second round to practise my terrible execution on sticks, haha. On a related note, I need to buy a cheap Japanese stick for PS2 or something. Anything I can practise arcade stick execution on.

I happen to have an arcade controller that I don't really use. It's a modded HRAP1 with a LS-31-1 Seimitsu stick, Seimitsu buttons on a black/pink theme. It might be out of your price range though, since you did say cheap.

HCO

Well, I said "cheap" but to be honest it's more of an investment than rolling my coins into an arcade machine. I do have some money and I definitely want a stick. PM me with a price and we can arrange something.

As for the games, damn. That's a lot of music ~
The Arakune player might have been Bill. I had a few games against him (got rolled).