• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

DID YOU SEE THAT? That was the DAMAGER!

Main Menu

Auckland - Yifan's Queen St

Started by fluxcore, January 10, 2007, 02:06:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

massi4h

Yeah and they're not getting much better. That viper dude's not bad though.

Rorooze

tell them to come to ranbats la.

zos'la

nah.. they look scary ><
coz after I beat them... and tell them bro come to training... its such a put down :(
meh, dunno xD
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

DVS

Quote from: mokes on September 20, 2010, 09:29:21 PM
Yeah GG's DVS, stoked to finally be getting some wins vs you ;D

I think I play much better when I don't know it's you on the other side of the screen though. As soon as evenflow told me you were playing the nerves kicked in and I started doing stupid shit. Landed some lucky launcher Ultras that got me through, thankfully.

And then some random Vega Fulla had to come and own me up out of spite, what's up with that? Got no idea how to deal with him - was just praying to land a jumping RH :-\. Time to start learning that match up.

Haha...yeah I have to admit when I don't know who I'm playing I usually hold my nerves too......full creds though Bro your Rufus has improoved and your hitting your links more often.

The random Vega was me too..... ;) He's a character that not many people use so he does have a surprize factor, but once you figure him out you'll have him sorted.  He's much stronger in Super.....way more dangerous. Buda and Rorooze hate my Vega......

After you left that random business Akuma spend like $10 trying to beat me...was pretty funny....... 8)
"You'll never survive in the jungle"......

mokes

Quote from: DVS on September 22, 2010, 05:14:49 PM
Haha...yeah I have to admit when I don't know who I'm playing I usually hold my nerves too......full creds though Bro your Rufus has improoved and your hitting your links more often.

The random Vega was me too..... ;) He's a character that not many people use so he does have a surprize factor, but once you figure him out you'll have him sorted.  He's much stronger in Super.....way more dangerous. Buda and Rorooze hate my Vega......

Yeah I knew it was your vega, just wasn't happy about it :P
GG today, had to split afterwards, ran out of time. Wasnt being salty or anything.

After you left that random business Akuma spend like $10 trying to beat me...was pretty funny....... 8)

Haha, I will now refer to him as 'Random Business Akuma', best name ever.

SnappyTom

Quote from: zosla on September 21, 2010, 08:36:59 AM
But we do have alot of avergage players in yifans... should really ask them to join forum as they play EVERYDAY there, its like every lunch time I head down and the same 4-5 guys are there playing.

Well yeah I'm one of those guys... I come down with Mokes and evenflow. I joined the forum, but never have reason to post because well I'm pretty average.

Rorooze

You guys should seriously check out the ranbats we have every fortnight on Friday nights, get lots of casual games in and a sweet way to get feedback on your game.

I'm pretty average also so don't worry about that :D check out the auckland part of the forum!

mokes

Quote from: SnappyTom on September 22, 2010, 09:34:03 PM
Well yeah I'm one of those guys... I come down with Mokes and evenflow. I joined the forum, but never have reason to post because well I'm pretty average.

Must get annoying for all the yifans pros to have these god damn average people constantly down there everyday being all average and stuff. We need to hurry up and level up our game before we bring auckland's arcade scene reputation down !

:-X

[8-----D] Toots

Gankatron

Its all relative, your average compared to some of the top guys in NZ but then they're average compared to the guys overseas. Get all your boys on the forums bro and join the ranbats that happens every fortnight, they're all more than happy to help you improve your game by sharing advice etc, vice versa.

The community is much bigger than what goes down at Yifans.

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Are you guys those island dudes i see playing pretty regularly?

Im the loud white guy that plays El Fuerte and complains lots.

Common phrases of mine are "I CANT BELIEVE I LOST TO THAT FUCKING SCRUB"

Or "WHY IS THIS SHITTY RYU BEATING ME?"

Its nothing personal. Im just a big fucking sook.

TBH the people that play at yifans regularly are fine. The only thing holding anyone back is that there just arent that many hardcore regulars that play it anymore. Theres still quite a few decent people i see down there from time to time, and its actually getting a lot better now 'skill-wise' than it was a few months ago.

Half of our posts in this thread seem like we're elitists with our heads stuck up our own asses. Mine especially. Im not though. Im just a whiney little bitch.

Come say hi if you see me down there. White dude. El Fuerte. I can pretty much guarantee im the only one playing him. (And bitching about how laggy the monitors are)
<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Quote from: Gankatron on September 22, 2010, 11:14:56 PM
Its all relative, your average compared to some of the top guys in NZ but then they're average compared to the guys overseas. Get all your boys on the forums and join the ranbats that happens every fortnight, they're all more than happy to help you improve your game by sharing advice etc, vice versa.

Youre a cunt Fong. Summing up my entire post into one paragraph. Fuck you man.
<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

CrazyMobius

Quote from: mokes on September 22, 2010, 10:25:03 PM
Must get annoying for all the yifans pros to have these god damn average people constantly down there everyday being all average and stuff. We need to hurry up and level up our game before we bring auckland's arcade scene reputation down !

:-X

I wouldn't say so. When it comes to the arcade scene having ANY players is better than no players. And nobody is judging Auckland's arcade scene reputation except from those that are a part of it anyhoo.

evenflow

Quote from: Gankatron on September 22, 2010, 11:14:56 PM
Its all relative, your average compared to some of the top guys in NZ but then they're average compared to the guys overseas. Get all your boys on the forums bro and join the ranbats that happens every fortnight, they're all more than happy to help you improve your game by sharing advice etc, vice versa.

The community is much bigger than what goes down at Yifans.

This post is definitely the most accurate.

It's not like the average players down there don't know they're average. Then we come here and people are complaining "oh shit games today everyone is trash down there". It isn't a huge motivation to get into the scene. A scene makes itself and if people are publicly berated before they join it doesn't help. Or even after they join it, unless its in jest that both parties can understand.

I myself have only started playing recently (having never ever played fighting games in my life before, literally, well past mashing a few buttons once every few years with mates.) But I do come from a competitive gaming background so do understand the way competitive communities work, especially when you start getting to the higher levels of a community. So while the posts may not effect me the same, it definitely does detract from the experience for some people.

Quote from: CrazyMobius on September 23, 2010, 07:19:12 AM
I wouldn't say so. When it comes to the arcade scene having ANY players is better than no players. And nobody is judging Auckland's arcade scene reputation except from those that are a part of it anyhoo.

I think that was his point :D