• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

Wugga is eating uppercuts

Main Menu

Auckland - Yifan's Queen St

Started by fluxcore, January 10, 2007, 02:06:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xkheretic

evenflow / mokes .. names I recognise from UT ... same folk ?

zos'la

Opps, I think my post stirred shit up again :D
anyhoo!!!!

What I am ment was that those players in Yifans should join the community as they have the same passion as we do, with some training and inputs from the others will make them improve vastly, thats how we need to grow.
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

evenflow

Quote from: xkheretic on September 23, 2010, 10:47:05 AM
evenflow / mokes .. names I recognise from UT ... same folk ?

Yeah that's us, you must be pretty old school to remember mokes?

I can't quite pinpoint your name in my memory, when did you use to play? :)

massi4h

Oh shit I thought it was you when I saw the name. WCG UT Bronze Medallist in 2002. Epic shit.

xkheretic

xk = xenkronos.

8)

Cool to see you playing SF.  I'll stop by yifans sometime for a game or two.

CrazyMobius

What those that are playing at Yifans don't realise is that they are already part of the community by simply playing there.

DVS

I'm all for new blood down at yifans - it's better having someone to play against rather than the machine.  ;)

Full creds to anyone putting dollars into those machines and coming down at lunch time......few months back people would just watch and not put any coin in......

It's good to know there are more people out there that are addicted to hadoukens.......
"You'll never survive in the jungle"......

evenflow

Quote from: xkheretic on September 23, 2010, 11:24:56 AM
xk = xenkronos.

8)

Cool to see you playing SF.  I'll stop by yifans sometime for a game or two.

Hey hey :D!

Long time no see, you're welcome to come kick my ass any time. We're usually down there 11:30ish to 12:30ish.

Quote from: massi4h on September 23, 2010, 11:11:26 AM
Oh shit I thought it was you when I saw the name. WCG UT Bronze Medallist in 2002. Epic shit.

Haha, yeah that was a while ago now. WCG & ESWC were fun fun times :)

Isn't it WCG time again soon? I wish they still had proper competitive fps dueling there haha.

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

This topic now makes me feel like an asshole.

My head is hung.

In shame.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

Rorooze

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR

cheers mason!

massi4h

Yesterday was funtimes. GGs Rory, Fong and everyone else. I lold when Rorooze was mashing and accidentally picked Abel so I gave him a dollar and took his Abel, then he accidentally picked Bison haha. Fong is just too beast with Rog, I wanna start a vortex but I just can't knock you down.

zos'la

Mason.... he plays an akuma player day and night, you can expect atleast that much lol
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

SnappyTom

Quote from: [NIUE] BIRRY WONG on September 24, 2010, 06:16:47 AM
This topic now makes me feel like an asshole.

My head is hung.

In shame.
Nah don't... the responses from yourself and others are very encouraging. I know I feel better about challenging folks and talking to familiar faces down there now. Haven't seen any El Fuerte yet so I'm guessing I haven't run into you yet Birry...

Simonfish took me apart today but he didn't annihilate me like he could've. Seems like a nice guy!

I dunno about Ranbats though - I'm picturing some pretty pro players even on the casual set up. I gotta get my twitchy Ultras under control first :P Are all 3 setups Xbox?

Skullator

Yeh all our events are Xbox driven these days.
Don't worry about twitchy ultra's, everyone's been there. Should try catch as many ranbats as possible regardless imo, the skill level is pretty broad and they're the best place to level up as people are always willing to give tips and generally just speak the SF lingo with ya.

Rorooze

Definitely best place to level up. And don't worry too much about twitchy ultras, just call it mind games or yomis. lol :D