• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

DID YOU SEE THAT? That was the DAMAGER!

Main Menu

Auckland - Yifan's Queen St

Started by fluxcore, January 10, 2007, 02:06:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Gonna have to chime in and say come to ranbats eh. Theyre by far the best place to improve. Dont let the fact that theyre 'ranbats' put you off. 90% of it is just us jamming out some street fighter.

The actual tournament aspect is there to not only to suss out seeds and shit for our actual "events", but its also there so that we can all gauge how were improving and what we need to work on.

ie. Your placing at ranbats from week to week lets you see how youre improving. What youre losing too/beating  gives you insight into where your strengths and weaknesses are etc. And if were all there in the same room, its a lot easier to convey any tips or advice we have rather than trying to do it over XBL or PSN. It also works out being a hell of a lot cheaper than yifans. I could spend $10 at yifans and not even get half the games i get at ranbats.

Anyway, the point is "Come to ranbats." :P

All of you.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Is the nexr one this weekend or next weekend?
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

Skullator

fluxcore

Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

zos'la

lol...
Yifan use to be a good place to lvl up because ppl use to talk a lot there.. well teh old crew did anyways.
The newer players there don't really talk to each other, but then most of the are casual players which makes sense I guess.
Have fun at Ranbats~~
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Yea, im gonna start going to yifans to play SF4 more i think. Spread the love, as it were.
<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

HoneyBadger

my mum found dark dawn on the DS.

that game is gonna get raped.

MUMMYHALA

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Ill be down there this arvo, but im working tonight.
<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

IR U IM B IL E

"...there's a big difference between winging it and seeing what happens. Now let's see what happens."

zos'la

Quote from: IR U IM B IL E on September 28, 2010, 01:59:39 PM
Good 2 games Andy.

YOU bastard!

:P
lul xD
good to see u down ther rumble. I thought it was u :P I confirmed after u chose Guile haha.
GG's anyhoo as I have been out of practice... bloody WoW hahahaha!!!

IR U IM B IL E

Yeah I took all of my breaks together so I could go have a jam there. But it wasnt enough cos I still wanted to play lol.

My old main, Bison had like zero footsies vs your Ryu and Guile... well i hate vanilla Guile lol.

Hope to play there more during the week!
"...there's a big difference between winging it and seeing what happens. Now let's see what happens."

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Was good to see Ryan down there rocking the gief today. And i played a really reasonable chun, who managed to steal a game from me with some bizarre adaptation. Wouldve liked to stay for some more but i was running late for work by that point.
<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

zos'la

well I am usually there at 12:30 - 1 pm
Will definitely go down on Friday and maybe today if I feel up to it^^
and yes I take all my break at once to go too!! hahahahaha
15 min + 15 min + 30 min kekekekeke

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

GG's yesterday to Rumble.

Bisons so hard for Fuerte. Doesnt help that i am just NOT on form atm. So many missed teleport punishes/OS teching too early after blocked FA's and eating c.lks/retarded everything on my part. I fucking hate doing dumb shit like that. Those are things im USED to doing in that matchup and i just failed.

And i spent so much time trying to airthrow your j.mp. I think i lost 2 games just because i spent the whole time trying to set up an airthrow, but despite the setup being solid, my airthrow lost to that stupid j.mp. I mustn't be able to airthrow it at all.  And i know i was doing it correctly, because i set it up the same way on your other chars and it was fine. I think ive developed a tendancy to airthrow too much. I think i got good at it and now i overuse it. Its like when i was playing your seth online, and there were a shitload of opportunities for me to go for an EX guac, but i just didnt, because the reflex isnt there anymore. I need to retrain myself in that regard.

Another retarded habit i need to get out of is punishing shit with c.mk -> splash/tortilla. I think a good 40% of my losses come from that alone. Not just dumb yifans losses either. This ONE habit is holding me back more than any other weakness in my entire game, and i JUST DONT STOP DOING IT. FML. Most of our better players counter this 100% of the time. You included. I

I think the worst thing about yifans is also the best thing. It seems to bring out all the scrubby crap that I really shouldnt be doing. So A) I end up playing like absolute garbage, but B) It annoys me enough that i actually make an attempt to get rid of the dumb habits i get into.

Fuck teching throws there though. Its worse than playing online. And lol at how two machines have fucked sticks/buttons, and of the two that remain, only one of them can be considered somewhat decent. Despite the rage, i want to play there more, since the quality of the people playing there is much better than it was a few months ago. And despite the rage, i wouldnt play at all if i wasnt enjoying myself.
<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

IR U IM B IL E

Yeah GGs Bill.

I guess I just took your advice and tried to rush down your Fuerte a bit more. I know, with Bison its hella easy. And with all those things that you kept messing up, besides teching, would it make it better if I said that I was actually looking out for the air throw baits and thus making it especially hard for you to land them?

With my teleports also if you had punished me at least once for that I wouldnt have used it so much. You did catch on that I hardly ever jumped or b/dashed during your blockstrings cos I almost always look for the splash to focus punish.

Yeah you couldve gotten me alot with ex guac tho. I was jumping like crazy.

And yeah gotta work on that teching. Not up myself but I think im pretty good with teching throws, online and offline. The only downside with me tho is when people like andy or jack start punishing my crouch techs I reckon they could do that all day and I'd hardly switch up cos its just automatic for me.