• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

Auckland - Yifan's Queen St

Started by fluxcore, January 10, 2007, 02:06:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoeKage

Bummer they already put it back up to $99 oh well  ::). You need a wii-mote as well for this stick to work. There goes all my money on batteries laa :'(
Sage of the 6 Paths

fluxcore

Quote from: JoeKage on January 10, 2009, 08:06:19 AM
Bummer they already put it back up to $99 oh well  ::). You need a wii-mote as well for this stick to work. There goes all my money on batteries laa :'(

You shove the wiimote into the stick? hahahaha
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

JoeKage

Sort of you just plug it in like the Nunchuk  :o :o
Sage of the 6 Paths

HCO

Finally bought a stick hell yeeeaaaaaah. What brand are the buttons at Yifan's? Seimitsu, Sanwa, etc.

Won both of these:

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=196704197
http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=196720826

I don't have an auth account so I just got a friend to buy it for me. Time to train up execution :o

fluxcore

I'm pretty sure the sticks aren't either? No idea about buttons though.

The sticks definitely don't feel like my Seimitsus... they seem really floppy, but I guess that could just be due to lots of use...
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

HCO

The buttons, yo. Not the sticks. I'm pretty sure the sticks are just generic shit, haha.

edit: oh, you mentioned that. Yeah, I dunno the sticks. They're similiar enough to the one I bought, though.

ps. I sent the card ~

edit 2: After looking around, I'm pretty sure the buttons are Sanwa.

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

$30 is an AWESOME price for that stick btw.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

HCO

Yeah, I was talking to MarkMan (the dude who produced the SFIV TE stick with Madcatz) and he tells me it was a complete steal for that price. Apparently the Namco was what people used before HRAPs became a big deal. I for one am hella glad I got it for so cheap. It's moddable too, so that's an upside.

JoeKage

Quote from: HCO on January 16, 2009, 03:59:50 PM
Finally bought a stick hell yeeeaaaaaah. What brand are the buttons at Yifan's? Seimitsu, Sanwa, etc.

Won both of these:

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=196704197
http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=196720826

I don't have an auth account so I just got a friend to buy it for me. Time to train up execution :o

Congrats. Namco sticks are waaaaay kool  ;D ;D.

Training Mode.
Sage of the 6 Paths

Elixir

Quote from: HCO on January 16, 2009, 05:21:37 PM
Yeah, I was talking to MarkMan (the dude who produced the SFIV TE stick with Madcatz) and he tells me it was a complete steal for that price. Apparently the Namco was what people used before HRAPs became a big deal. I for one am hella glad I got it for so cheap. It's moddable too, so that's an upside.

Namco sticks sell pretty high on ebay, still. If I wasn't so lazy, I'd scout them out and resell them over at SRK.

HCO

Okay!~ Going to Yifan's tomorrow (today I guess). Gonna hit up Blazblue, and TvC/T6BR if I have enough money. I want to try out more Casshern.

Anyone else gonna be there? o:

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Ill be there after work for a little while. You can watch me fail at casshern.
<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

HCO

What time is that? You dudes can text me when you're there on 021 117 9331. This time my phone will actually be charged..

Also excellent, another Casshern player. I know all of like two Casshern combos. Thinking about picking up Roll as an assist, too.

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Fuck knows what time that will be. Usually around 3 or 4. But if something fucks up i might not get down there at all.

Im usually there around lunchtime aswell.
<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

gunsmoke

im coming maybe 2pm
make sure u guys play TVC........ ::) ::) ::) ::)
LiFe iS gOoD wHeN u WaNa Be!