• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

Newbies: feel free to ask for help! We can do training sessions online as well!

Main Menu

Auckland - Yifan's Queen St

Started by fluxcore, January 10, 2007, 02:06:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Quote from: IR U IM B IL E on September 30, 2010, 01:34:42 PM
would it make it better if I said that I was actually looking out for the air throw baits and thus making it especially hard for you to land them?

TBH, yes. That does make me feel better. I prefer knowing im being outplayed than thinking im just shit. Admittedly, half of them were "I cant believe that shit didnt work last time. I will try it again to see if it works this time" which is how i lost at the nats. I get into "I cant figure out why im losing" mode, which leads into "i keep doing the same shit until i figure out why its not working mode"  Im pretty confident in what i know, and when it doesnt work where i think it should, it unhinges me pretty bad.

Either way ive figured out that i do it too much. Which as i say, is a plus. Fuck you yifans. For being terrible and useful at the same time.

And its good that youre looking for the splash during the blockstrings. Just remember its arguably the worst thing Fuerte can do off of that. (And im going to make a hell of an effort to NOT do that shit for a while) Fuck knows why i do it as often as i do.

In all honestly, backjump into a quick strong normal will beat it 90% of the time, and it will also beat the tortilla. Its generally better than the focus, since the focus will lose to tortilla or if the fuerte is manly, fajita buster. (And if fuerte is doing it, most of the time he should be going for the tortilla.) Focus attack is better with characters whose FA moves them back, since it throws off the distance the fuerte player needs to use to cross up with the splash (ie. Bison haha), but you want to be careful with it, since if he crosses you up, and you release the focus, he gets a free slide/ultra.

But yea, a jump back hp/hk depending on the character is a great way out of that terrible overused mixup, and is generally less of a risk that Focus Attack. You demoralised me with that shit a few times as you probably noticed. As i say though, if he fakes you out into an airthrow or a guac then youre fucked, but my ability to do that is pretty lol. I need to start playing it more frequently. The habits i thought i got out of are coming back with a vengeance. And my spacings gone pretty shit as well.

Also its awesome that youve got a better handle on fuerte. From my perspective the matches are a lot more interesting when the other person knows how to deal with him. Im looking forward to fighting your seth again. Its more fun to play, when the other person knows how to deal with him. And ive got no idea how to fight seth, so it will be a good beasting that im hopefully gonna learn something from.

And lets just not talk about teching.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Quote from: IR U IM B IL E on September 30, 2010, 01:34:42 PM
Yeah GGs Bill.

I guess I just took your advice and tried to rush down your Fuerte a bit more. I know, with Bison its hella weazzy. And with all those things that you kept messing up, besides teching, would it make it better if I said that I was actually looking out for the air throw baits and thus making it especially hard for you to land them?

With my teleports also if you had punished me at least once for that I wouldnt have used it so much. You did catch on that I hardly ever jumped or b/dashed during your blockstrings cos I almost always look for the splash to focus punish.

Yeah you couldve gotten me alot with ex guac tho. I was jumping like crazy.

And yeah gotta work on that teching. Not up myself but I think im pretty good with teching throws, online and offline. The only downside with me tho is when people like andy or jack start punishing my crouch techs I reckon they could do that all day and I'd hardly switch up cos its just automatic for me.

This what i do too lol. I get punished for it too, but the punish not too bad. And sometimes they go for throw and you can lk combo sk them. So yeah the punish usually as much as throw anyway but you get more of a reward/chance of damaging, AND teching. Agree?
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Actually now that i thnk about it have to take that back. Some punish is small, but SETS you up for annoying shit eg, Ibuki.
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

You lose momentum on any punish though. If anyone worth their salt is punishing you, theyre getting a significant advantage.
<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

DVS

GG's to Rumble...your Bison was hella tricky, would of liked to fight more of your Guile sweet charge time there dood - I know how hard that is when your being spammed by Ryu's Hadous.

Tuff luck to business Akuma.....learn to use that demon flip mix up dood and bait the Ultra more....Akuma does actually have  a few weak spots when spamming air projectiles and heaps on his 3 hit one...hence my wake up Ultra eatting half your life bar....

LOL to Andy Akuma's my Ryu match up.....I'd been playing business Akuma for too long when you jumped on but still managed to steal 1 win......wake up Ultra's are funny...Lenny you saw that mang.

GG's to all.......
"You'll never survive in the jungle"......

karizzma

Gonna be at yifans at about 5ish today if anyone is keen.

IR U IM B IL E

Quote from: DVS on October 01, 2010, 02:24:08 PM
GG's to Rumble...your Bison was hella tricky, would of liked to fight more of your Guile sweet charge time there dood - I know how hard that is when your being spammed by Ryu's Hadous.

Hey ggs man. Good to finally meet you bro.

You play Super? I would give you plenty of games with Guile there haha not being able to keep up with your fb's annoys me. Great Ryu, really different to alot of other good Ryus I've played. In a good way.

Cheers for the games.

So THATS business Akuma. I used to play him in Tekken 5 alot. He played Paul with the card name "I WANT TO FIST U" lol
"...there's a big difference between winging it and seeing what happens. Now let's see what happens."

DVS

Quote from: IR U IM B IL E on October 01, 2010, 05:31:48 PM
Hey ggs man. Good to finally meet you bro.

You play Super? I would give you plenty of games with Guile there haha not being able to keep up with your fb's annoys me. Great Ryu, really different to alot of other good Ryus I've played. In a good way.

Cheers for the games.

So THATS business Akuma. I used to play him in Tekken 5 alot. He played Paul with the card name "I WANT TO FIST U" lol

Yeah man likewise,

Yeah I'm all over Super, use Ryu, Rose, Vega and a bit of Guile & Cody. Yeah Guile has been pimped for Super...I've been finding him pretty good to use....just having trouble with a few match ups. His fb match up is also better there and U2 is a good punish.

Yeah Lenny's always like -"Your Ryu is so unsafe man" haha...cracks me up, yeah I've been told I play different to most.

Yeah I gave him that knickname...I'm not surprised he was playing a lot of Tekken  ;). I have no idea who he is, don't think he's on the forums.....he's always pumping coin into SS4, I think he spent like $10 in under half an hour playing me last week.....I'm sure he goes hungry during the week because of it.  ;D

I'm down at Yifans most days unless works gets in the way of my Hadoukens....might catch you up for a few games during the week bro.  ;D
"You'll never survive in the jungle"......

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Fark man i was playing xmen vs sf at this ice cream shop in Royal Oak today. I suck at that game.

Anyways i just had super feeds and was jamming some games. I started ripping the monster ass farts and was thinking to myself fark those are some skull and crossbones shit. So i turn around and there's this hot as blond looking at the gun game behind me. She looked at me and i was like ' some kid shit their pants over here before', she smiled and goes 'yeah..sure' haha. Hit her up for her digits but she straight bounced my ass haha.

Was clocking that game over and over with scrubb as c HP > mash combos and full screen supers with Ryu and AKuma lol.

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Quote from: [NYC] weazzyefff on October 03, 2010, 02:44:57 AM
Fark man i was playing xmen vs sf at this ice cream shop in Royal Oak today. I suck at that game.

Anyways i just had super feeds and was jamming some games. I started ripping the monster ass farts and was thinking to myself fark those are some skull and crossbones shit. So i turn around and there's this hot as blond looking at the gun game behind me. She looked at me and i was like ' some kid shit their pants over here before', she smiled and goes 'yeah..sure' haha. Hit her up for her digits but she straight bounced my ass haha.

You 100% absolutely need to post this as a facebook update.
<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

originaljulz

Quote from: [NIUE] BIRRY WONG on October 03, 2010, 03:05:05 PM
You 100% absolutely need to post this as a facebook update.

Or maybe as an FML post.
HEAVEN OR HELL? DUAL ONE. LETS ROCK!

zos'la

Quote from: [NYC] weazzyefff on October 03, 2010, 02:44:57 AM

FAILED!!! lul.
but then good try :P

*Lenny,
GGs at Yifans today. Fuck u crack me Up!@@
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

zos'la

Okay its FRIDAY YO!!!!!
Will be in Yifans :) come on down at 12:30!!!

CrazyMobius

I'll be at Yifans round about middle to end of December see you guys there.

zos'la

Quote from: [PF]CrazyMobius on October 08, 2010, 09:11:31 AM
I'll be at Yifans round about middle to end of December see you guys there.

wow?? thats a LONGGGGGG time to go... WTH??? lol....