• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

Auckland - Yifan's Queen St

Started by fluxcore, January 10, 2007, 02:06:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aaronactive

Hey mate,

Back in Australia now, what a long 48 hours its been..

anyway I ended up getting stuck at work and didn't get back into the city until around 830..there were a few guys around but it was pretty dead..

planned to be back in there by 6ish but just didn't happen..maybe next time

zos'la

Hey mate,
good to hear u had a safe trip back, great that u dropped in and played.
Hope to see u sometime soon again.
best of luck.
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

Skullator

Quote from: zosla on October 28, 2010, 11:49:06 AM
mmm... if I was to comment on how you play... ur too defensive, always running away and not putting enough pressure.
Your pattern is always the same, your wake up is always followed with a c.mp... and you random srk too much :P not that I dont HAHAHAHAHA.
oh and last thing... u drop ur pants in the corner.... but the  main reason is that u always put urself in the corner as u dash back no matter what...

u might disagree, but thats what I see when I play u, not that I can do any better :) hoho

You know what Andy, I think that might actually be the first time I've ever seen you give somebody some good advice about their play without doing the ego thing at the same time.
Good shit.

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Quote from: Skullator on October 28, 2010, 05:45:56 PM
You know what Andy, I think that might actually be the first time I've ever seen you give somebody some good advice about their play without doing the ego thing at the same time.
Good shit.
Same here. Props man.
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

What ego thing? You guys is trippin' mane.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

Skullator

Wouldn't expect you to know Bill, it's a secret only NZ's top eight at Super Street Fighter IV are in on.

Hope that answers your question, dunno about you but I've always had an incredibly easy time of spotting spray on ego's from unhealthy ones.

DVS

Quote from: zosla on October 28, 2010, 11:49:06 AM
mmm... if I was to comment on how you play... ur too defensive, always running away and not putting enough pressure.
Your pattern is always the same, your wake up is always followed with a c.mp... and you random srk too much :P not that I dont HAHAHAHAHA.
oh and last thing... u drop ur pants in the corner.... but the  main reason is that u always put urself in the corner as u dash back no matter what...

u might disagree, but thats what I see when I play u, not that I can do any better :) hoho

Yeah I'm aware.....I've tried both variations playing against you....normally I rush down like a motherfucker when I'm playing anyone else. I've gotta stop mashing srk on wake up.......yeah my dash back can be the best thing and the worst thing in the world at times....... :)

But to be fair you don't leave much room for mistakes...haha. I realise I've got to improve my ground game and get my footies on lock down...pushing forward not pulling back.....I can frustrate 90% of people by keeping back and chipping away health until I can take risks......I guess your in that 10% haha

In saying that I used that exact stategy yesterday and knocked a 20 win Sagay of his perch.....they beat him another three games straight......last time I played him he torn me a new ring peice with his FADC Tiger rape.......was an awesome turnaround.....for a few minutes I felt as awesome as Andy does...haha jokes bro chur for the advice I appreciate it.....

I'll be down at the arcade at 12:30ish......be nice eh
"You'll never survive in the jungle"......

zos'la

im always nice... what ya all talking bout. meh.

I will be down as well.../ i dont get to play much at home nowdays ><

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Kevin rocked up to yifans yesterday as i was leaving, didnt play him, was out of money. But fuck, I DO NOT understand how that motherfucker can hit-confirm EX greenhand off of ONE STANDING JAB. Fuck that shit.
<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

electric

Quote from: [NIUE] BIRRY WONG on October 29, 2010, 10:44:59 AM
Kevin rocked up to yifans yesterday as i was leaving, didnt play him, was out of money. But fuck, I DO NOT understand how that motherfucker can hit-confirm EX greenhand off of ONE STANDING JAB. Fuck that shit.

How was he doing it ? just standing at mid range and doing stand jab xx EX hand ? or off a jump in ?

If it's the former, that's easy - just buffer EX hand after doing your jab. The trick is to do it from just outside stand jab range, so that the only way it can connect is if the opponent comes forward into the hitbox - and obviously, if you're moving into an active hit box, you ain't blocking.
"gief can jump above the screen and pummel all over the place..." - Zosla

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

That must have been it, but like, the ones that were being blocked didn't have a greenhand on the end. It was insane. He did a couple of blockstrings, like say for instance, jab -> jab -> jab. Opponent blocks first 2, eats 3rd one -> GREENHAND. A second later, opponent blocks first one, eats 2nd one -> GREENHAND. I'm sure it was just as methodical as you say, but he made that shit look like reactions haha.
<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

electric

Fuck - even I can't explain those ones. Nigga must be part cyborg/gypsy/jesus.
"gief can jump above the screen and pummel all over the place..." - Zosla

Flash

I say part gypsy can never trust them casting spells, stealing babies and shit.

****Up or i'll scratch yo face with my stubby little arms!

zos'la

I call it skills and experience :)
I'll show u how its done next time bill :) lol well I'll TRY!!!!

actually, Electric got it on the spot lol :P

Lennysaurus

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero