• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

Newbies: feel free to ask for help! We can do training sessions online as well!

Main Menu

Auckland - Yifan's Queen St

Started by fluxcore, January 10, 2007, 02:06:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zos'la

oh yes... I played on teh same stick as you I think against DVS yesterday.... its REALLY STICKY....lol for those who don't know, the stick on the NEW screens that is next to the KOF13 machine is the one we are talking about, (the side cab facing Tekken machines.)
I keep forgotting to pick Guile against ur Ryu DVS.. i'll try to remember next time^^
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

evenflow

Yeah that stick, trying to do ultra's on it with gief was like turning up a bike machine at the gym, to the highest resistance and its a struggle to even get it going around haha.

DVS

Quote from: evenflow on November 11, 2010, 09:36:46 PM
gg's DVS.

Man the sticks down there need some attention though :/

Totally dude I was totally frustrated as I couldn't back dash away from those ferral green palms! :-\

Your Gief is getting much better dood.....you've just gotta get in that footies zone and use Giefs Pokes, he has ultra fast jabs and good priority on his mediums...check out his bread and butter links (mostly into Green palm) and use forward hard kick to close distance -it's a good fake and set up for a pile driver. Stop my corner escapes with his neutral jump headbutt.......and after a larriet connects let your green palm rip for a knock down and better spacing so you can set up your cross up rape....mix ups from Gief can be costly for most players...and don't be afraid of the trade -Gief has monster health.  ;)
"You'll never survive in the jungle"......

evenflow

Quote from: DVS on November 12, 2010, 05:08:54 PM
Totally dude I was totally frustrated as I couldn't back dash away from those ferral green palms! :-\

Your Gief is getting much better dood.....you've just gotta get in that footies zone and use Giefs Pokes, he has ultra fast jabs and good priority on his mediums...check out his bread and butter links (mostly into Green palm) and use forward hard kick to close distance -it's a good fake and set up for a pile driver. Stop my corner escapes with his neutral jump headbutt.......and after a larriet connects let your green palm rip for a knock down and better spacing so you can set up your cross up rape....mix ups from Gief can be costly for most players...and don't be afraid of the trade -Gief has monster health.  ;)

Haha thanks. I agree with everything in that post, my experience is so limited at the moment that I find it hard to play footsies with characters other than a few that my friends play. My BnB combos I struggle with due to my hate of training mode, I've learnt pretty much all i know just mucking around with my friends.

I find your fireball game frustrating to deal with which probably leads to a lot of my careless play. I've hardly played against a Ryu really so I am pretty worried about SRK and really not sure on the spacing of when to A, Forward jump a fireball B, Neutral jump a fireball C, Focus dash and D, Larriat.

Basically my whole post reverts back to: I'm a huge noob that can beat people on bad sticks occassionally through luck :D lol.

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Don't be afraid of fireball chip damage. I see too many people trying too hard to avoid them. Gief is a scary motherfucker when he's just walking forward. Inch forward. Block. Inch forward. Block. 90% of the time ryu is going to back himself into a corner. Then it's a rape party. Really all ryu can do is mash dragon or go for that bullshit tatsu escape. The hardest part is learning to telegraph these. But once you can, you'll be frustrating ryu's all over the place who think they know the gief match. Just remember gief only has to hit ryu a few times to throw the damage in his favour.

I make it sound easier than it is. Ryu v gief is uphill for gief because the fireball game is MEANT to be frustrating. I think the key is to be a bit more fearless. Ryu is much more scared of you than you are of him. It's like swatting a wasp. The sting hurts if you get stung, but that motherfucker is DEAD if you hit him.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

CrazyMobius

Quote from: [NIUE] BIRRY WONG on November 13, 2010, 12:37:52 PM
Don't be afraid of fireball chip damage. I see too many people trying too hard to avoid them. Gief is a scary motherfucker when he's just walking forward. Inch forward. Block. Inch forward. Block.

Mind you this doesn't work with lag.

zos'la

they are talking about Yifan's game the other day.
All I can say About Gief vs Ryu matchup is it is in Giefs favour.
I am not really scared of any Gief except Kevins... that bastard is crazy. LOL.
Anyways, most gief have poor to no poking game and get frustrated during fireball game.
I play Kevin's Gief soo much in Vinilla that I really enjoy teh matchup.

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Quote from: zosla on November 15, 2010, 09:45:41 AM
they are talking about Yifan's game the other day.
All I can say About Gief vs Ryu matchup is it is in Giefs favour.
I am not really scared of any Gief except Kevins... that bastard is crazy. LOL.
Anyways, most gief have poor to no poking game and get frustrated during fireball game.
I play Kevin's Gief soo much in Vinilla that I really enjoy teh matchup.

You're so awesome Andy. I wish i could be as awesome in the gief match as you are.

The only thing our opinions differ on is the fact that Ryu vs Gief is in Ryu's favour. Not by much, i think its 5.5/4.5, but its definitely in Ryu's favour.
<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

zos'la

Bill I know I am awesome, so don't be afraid to ask for my autograph k?

5:5 I can agree on actually... :P

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Next time i come to yifans ill go shirtless and you can sign my chest with one of those silver glitter pens.
<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

zos'la

Quote from: [NIUE] BIRRY WONG on November 15, 2010, 01:40:47 PM
Next time i come to yifans ill go shirtless and you can sign my chest with one of those silver glitter pens.

Bro,
I'LL TATTOOO U IF U WANT!!!! fuck the silver pens LOL>!!!!

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Quote from: zosla on November 15, 2010, 02:40:37 PM
Bro,
I'LL TATTOOO U IF U WANT!!!! fuck the silver pens LOL>!!!!

AS LONG AS YOU PUT LITTLE HEARTS ON EITHER SIDE OF YOUR NAME THAT SOUNDS FINE!!!!11
<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Quote from: [NIUE] BIRRY WONG on November 15, 2010, 04:37:42 PM

AS LONG AS YOU PUT LITTLE HEARTS ON EITHER SIDE OF YOUR NAME THAT SOUNDS FINE!!!!11

And a couple of explanation marks and 11's.
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

DVS

GG's to everyone I played today.... ;) Was good to play so many different match ups....I actually picked up a few new things
"You'll never survive in the jungle"......

[NIUE] Optimus DAVE

The New Generation Clockw0rk