• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

Newbies: feel free to ask for help! We can do training sessions online as well!

Main Menu

project stick: need help

Started by [FB] WICK3D WAYZ, May 25, 2009, 02:56:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

[FB] WICK3D WAYZ

no pxts yet bro....havnt even started yet lol still gotta buy the stuff of lenny first
abel ultra 2 = the most hated among the community

Barnstorm

Question for flux and any other stick makers

what tools do you guys have/use to build
i currently have 3 sticks worth of parts i want to start on (at least one to start with anyway) i originally had a friend working in a joinery so was able to use his stuff but recesion closed his factory down

so what are the neccesary tools
right now i have a jigsaw skillsaw and drill
and do you paint everything yourself? cos my painting skills are appalling and have no dust free place to paint

fluxcore

For all the sticks I've made (including my arcade cabinet!), the only power tools I've had were a drill and a jigsaw. Everything else was either sanded, handsawed, chiselled or otherwise whittled with hand tools (I love my leatherman).

Skillsaw would have been goddamn handy.

My earliest stick actually has a marble-patterned adhesive covering on it (kind of like duraseal), but everything else I've painted using either spraypaint, brush/rollered on paint, or a combination of the two.

I'm really not much of a woodworker, I prefer the pcb-hacking/electronics side of things.
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

stereomonkey

Quote from: fluxcore on June 16, 2009, 11:49:30 AM
My earliest stick actually has a marble-patterned adhesive covering on it (kind of like duraseal)

That always reminded me of dresser draw sheets.  The stuff that makes you close smell like old people, lol.
"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"