• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

Newbies: feel free to ask for help! We can do training sessions online as well!

Main Menu

project stick: need help

Started by [FB] WICK3D WAYZ, May 25, 2009, 02:56:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

[FB] WICK3D WAYZ

all right fellas im sick of waiting for livewire to bring in the hori 360 sticks so i've decided to make my own (inspired after seeing a picture of zosla arcade stick he worked on) :)

now im a noob at this sooooo im assuming that i need a stick case and a 360 control pad, disassemble the pad and insert them into the stick??? or am i way off lol

being that im late/missed out on the auction of the dreamcast stick that fluxcore was selling does anyone know where i can get a stick case?

any advise would be greatly appreciated

thanxs fellaz
abel ultra 2 = the most hated among the community

stereomonkey

Sorry for jumping on the stick, nostalgia just kicked in when I saw it :)

You need some soldering skills and a lot of patience.  Maybe if your really nice you could ask Alan (fluxcore) to hack a pad for ya for a fee ;)

Also you need the buttons, stick and a case to hold your baby in.  It's NOT a cheap exercise by all means :'(

"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"

[FB] WICK3D WAYZ

Quote from: stereomonkey on May 25, 2009, 07:24:25 PM
Sorry for jumping on the stick, nostalgia just kicked in when I saw it :)

You need some soldering skills and a lot of patience.  Maybe if your really nice you could ask Alan (fluxcore) to hack a pad for ya for a fee ;)

Also you need the buttons, stick and a case to hold your baby in.  It's NOT a cheap exercise by all means :'(

lol its ok brah its not your fault i was late on the auction  :)

ayt kewl i have a bit of soldering skills, and as for being patient, since i graduated from uni this year, i've got all the time in the world :)

i'd pay fluxcore to hack my pad, i got four controls so there's room for error on my part ;D

buttons, stick and case.....ok going to add them to my "to get" list

[NIUE] Optimus DAVE

sweet since your doing this from scratch and seem to be at the same level as me with this custom stick business......

i think a GROUP project is in order here haha......

maybe a GROUP order on the buttons and stuff that we need.
The New Generation Clockw0rk

[FB] WICK3D WAYZ

Quote from: ADism on May 26, 2009, 10:56:48 AM
sweet since your doing this from scratch and seem to be at the same level as me with this custom stick business......

lol hardout brah, a group project sounds perfect :)

Lennysaurus

I have 8 sanwa buttons and a JLF.  They cost me $115-00.  Im more than happy to sell them at the cost it was for me to get them to you guys if you want them for your stick.

I already have plenty of joysticks, so if it means that someone in the community will get a stick that doesnt already have one I dont mind parting with them.

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

[NIUE] Optimus DAVE

Quote from: AO wick3d wayz on May 26, 2009, 02:00:36 PM

haha sweet....so u gotta soldering iron we can do the borrows on hahaha...sharings caring mate :P

Quote from: Lennysaurus Rex on May 26, 2009, 03:28:31 PM
I have 8 sanwa buttons and a JLF.  They cost me $115-00.  Im more than happy to sell them at the cost it was for me to get them to you guys if you want them for your stick.

I already have plenty of joysticks, so if it means that someone in the community will get a stick that doesnt already have one I dont mind parting with them.

whoa thats quite abit for buttons...gosh, are they gold? hahaha nah sweet man....i actually have no idea whatsoever what a JLF is....?

so where do i gets me a pcb from?

[FB] WICK3D WAYZ

oh sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet as soon as i know what im doing ill buy them sanwa buttons of you brah.......not that i would have a clue on what to do with them haha

[FB] WICK3D WAYZ

Quote from: ADism on May 26, 2009, 08:25:48 PM

haha sweet....so u gotta soldering iron we can do the borrows on hahaha...sharings caring mate :P

yeah bro my mate's got the soldering iron, il hook you you up  :)

Lennysaurus

Quote from: AO wick3d wayz on May 27, 2009, 12:29:11 AM

oh sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet as soon as i know what im doing ill buy them sanwa buttons of you brah.......not that i would have a clue on what to do with them haha

JLF is a joystick.. like the ones in yiffans

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

[NIUE] Optimus DAVE

Quote from: AO wick3d wayz on May 27, 2009, 12:31:46 AM
Quote from: ADism on May 26, 2009, 08:25:48 PM

yeah bro my mate's got the soldering iron, il hook you you up  :)

sweet...ill bring some beers haha

Quote from: Lennysaurus Rex on May 27, 2009, 12:57:41 AM
Quote from: AO wick3d wayz on May 27, 2009, 12:29:11 AM

JLF is a joystick.. like the ones in yiffans

ohhh I see.....cool. Well once I know what this pcb thing is and all that I can get the ball rolling

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

PCB = the circuit board inside a controller
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

Gino

JFL - Sanwa joystick, pretty much the standard (or the LS-32)

[FB] WICK3D WAYZ

I have 8 sanwa buttons and a JLF.  They cost me $115-00.  Im more than happy to sell them at the cost it was for me to get them to you guys if you want them for your stick.

mine...all mine lol il give you the money in a weeks time brah :)

[NIUE] Optimus DAVE

so hows the stick coming along bro ??? ???

any pics for us to hav a gawkingz at?