• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

DID YOU SEE THAT? That was the DAMAGER!

Main Menu

eBay stick + modded base

Started by Gankatron, June 03, 2009, 10:46:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gankatron

Alright guys heres a few pics of the joystick i purchased from eBay, now it originally came with a plastic case which was absolute crap, too light and unstable.

I've kept the top layer from the original unit as i didnt have the router drill bits (if thats what you call em) and basically built another base for it to sit in.

Worked out really cheap as i popped into mitre 10 and got me some off cuts of 30mm MDF for free, was all in the bin anyway. Also had some old woodstain lying around so tanned her up and we're now good to go!

Oh yeah the guy only had pink in stock for this unit so yeah,... :'(

fluxcore

Layout is pretty weird, but if it's sanwa parts, can't go too wrong...
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

Gino

$240 with shipping? Sounds pretty good to me.

Kanae

looks pretty sick, good layou for KOF too :p

Gankatron

Its not the best looking stick around but for something thats got all the fundamentals parts in it i.e Sanwa JLF and OBSF buttons,.... it "should" be good hopefully.

But i do agree with Flux's comment about teh strange layout, however i heard that comp rules dont allow the extra 2 x buttons at the end for triggering your 3 x Punches and 3 x Kicks anyway? If someone can confirm that for me that ll be great.

Which would mean i can just remove the 2 first buttons and use the last 6. Which by looking at the unit should be alot more comfortable.

I ll post up my findings about the unit once it arrives but it was only $159USD which works out to be around $240. Shipping was free.

fluxcore

Quote from: Gankatron on June 03, 2009, 02:54:26 PM
But i do agree with Flux's comment about teh strange layout, however i heard that comp rules dont allow the extra 2 x buttons at the end for triggering your 3 x Punches and 3 x Kicks anyway? If someone can confirm that for me that ll be great.

Hrm, yeah I kind of go off Evolution's rules in general, and they actually allow any button mapping which is in the game's option menu, which would include PPP and KKK mappings. I'll have a think about whether I actually want to allow that, but I'm tending towards 'yes'.

That doesn't mean however that you can't just remove the first 2 buttons anyway :)
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

fluxcore

Gankatron: my previous statement stands... any button mapping in the game menu will be ok.

deprenyl

ordered 6 sanwa buttons and a sanwa joystick off that guy, came up to $95 total. not a bad deal :P cheers for link!

Gankatron

Update:

Ok unit arrived,.... case is shiiiiiiite! I expected this so im in the process of modding the base of it.

IMO i still think its worth it just for the 8 OBSF buttons, JLF stick modded xbox PCB.