• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

DID YOU SEE THAT? That was the DAMAGER!

Main Menu

15/08/2009 - NZism's National SFIV tourney!

Started by fluxcore, June 09, 2009, 12:21:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zos'la

Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

CptMunta

Promo power!

BTW making a crappy commercial for it for internet broadcasting styles if you guys are interested. Blowing the dust off my Adobe premiere/After Effects skills. Want to add to the hypeness.

40 seconds of stills and cam footage. That's why I've been filming my matches lately.  ;D
Munta on the web: www.pavementart.co.nz
PSN: CptMunta

[FB] WICK3D WAYZ

abel ultra 2 = the most hated among the community

fluxcore

Quote from: CptMunta on July 02, 2009, 11:43:17 PM
BTW making a crappy commercial for it for internet broadcasting styles if you guys are interested. Blowing the dust off my Adobe premiere/After Effects skills. Want to add to the hypeness.

40 seconds of stills and cam footage. That's why I've been filming my matches lately.  ;D

Hell yeah man, 2dmaxxx! :D
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Random question. Is Xlan being taken into account for seeding purposes? Obviously not like, top 8, but first/second?
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

fluxcore

Very good question. It is a legitimate tournament (even without myself and lenny, boo), so signs tend towards yes.
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

Genxa

Hi guys,

As you can see, I am brand new to this forum.

Reason being is that I am from Sydney, Australia.

My handle is Genxa, or you can call me Henry.

We recently had our Nationals over here in Aus also, and me and my friend are still in the mood for some gaming!!

We are still thinking about flying over to Auckland for a small sight-seeing/gaming visit, to see how things are done in the gaming scene in NZ.

Our main issue is $$$ (lol).
Does anyone know any cheap hotels/motels/hostels/underneath a bridge nearby from the venue where we could crash? Just for sleeping and showering purposes, nothing fancy.

Also, where exactly IS the venue?
All I see is RvB, K Rd Auckland.

For a foreigner, I have no idea what RvB is, where K Rd is, or how far from the Auckland airport they are. It would be our first trip to NZ, so we want to ask someone for some guidence.

If anyone has any info on cheap hotels or anything, please let me know via email!
genxa@hotmail.com

Thank you all kind folk sooooo much!!!!!

For more info on our Nationals called OzHadou Nationals 8 (OHN8), please check out www.ozhadou.net/ohn8

Thanks for all your help guys!!!

Chuckk

Sup Genxa.

Recognised your name from my OHN5 DVD, good shit.
RAP GAME MIKE MYERS

"It's only the 360 version that is late.  PS3 version will ship on time."

-Lenny

Genxa

lol im surprised im recognised~ OHN5 was quite a while ago :P:P
i didnt place well in SF4 this year, but my friend is Humanbomb, OHN8 SF4 Champion, if that can increase any hype at all~ highly doubt it though lol~

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

I should point out that auckland airport is miles away from everything, but a lot of our guys stay out that way anyways. Im sure someone knows of a cheap place to crash, I hope it works out and i can get dominated by INTERNATIONAL players at the tourney.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

CptMunta

Hows about team Auckland vs team everyone else Exhibition match  ;) Team Wild Card baby!
Munta on the web: www.pavementart.co.nz
PSN: CptMunta

[8-----D] Toots

Quote from: Genxa on July 25, 2009, 12:11:59 PM
Hi guys,

You could stay at one of the backpackers in Auckland city. Verandahs would be a good place to stay. Probably a 10 min walk to RVB

http://www.verandahs.co.nz/aerial_map.php

Karangahape Road is known as K'rd which is the road RVB is on.

The prices are a little more expensive than some Backpackers so it may not be ideal.

http://www.verandahs.co.nz/booking.php

Or you could come crash out at my place if I decide you guys are good dudes.

Get in contact if your keen.

stereomonkey

Oh shit.  I totally forgot about accommodation this time around (I keep thinking the holiday inn is my second home, lol).  So is anyone able to house me from Friday to Sunday morning?  Pretty please :D

Also welcome Genxa, nice to see a ozhadou man here :)
"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"

[NIUE] B1ackstar Ninja

you can stay at mine stu tho its pretty far out as you know , so if you wanted to stay closer to town all good :)
"Attack me if you dare , i will crush you "