• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

15/08/2009 - NZism's National SFIV tourney!

Started by fluxcore, June 09, 2009, 12:21:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fluxcore

At the first tournament we had one projector setup for SFIV casuals. Not sure if we'll do that again, possibly. It's certainly useful to have a place that people can warm up.
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

Cr8zyK1LL3r

Quote from: fluxcore on June 20, 2009, 10:20:37 PM
At the first tournament we had one projector setup for SFIV casuals. Not sure if we'll do that again, possibly. It's certainly useful to have a place that people can warm up.
That would be nice.
Anyway, are we going to do team battle for this tournament or is it another 1 on 1 tournament ??

fluxcore

The nationals is a 1 on 1.

I'm still debating the team tourney thing. On one hand I really want to do one, but on the other hand I really don't want to do one when some of you yifans pros stack teams and just shit on everyone else, that's going to suck.
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

Hydro

Quote from: fluxcore on June 21, 2009, 12:58:04 AM
I'm still debating the team tourney thing. On one hand I really want to do one, but on the other hand I really don't want to do one when some of you yifans pros stack teams and just shit on everyone else, that's going to suck.

I agree Alan, though Ben (Toomeke) suggested a pro-scrub team premise, which really could work. Though determining who's pro and who's scrub is another headache altogether lol.

Also: I wondered if it would be appropriate to post some questions regarding some of the finer details oon the upcoming tournament in a seperate threa for you organisers to answer. There's been a bit of conversation about the specifics among some of the PSN crew and it'd be good to have a Q&A thread, with your approval.

Gino

Couldn't we just have an exhibition match involving the top 4 or 8 from the tournament? Then just have a 2v2 or 4v4 match? Would be interesting to watch. Give them 10 - 15 min  to setup a game plan.

fluxcore

Quote from: hydrokinesis on June 21, 2009, 10:33:06 AM
I agree Alan, though Ben (Toomeke) suggested a pro-scrub team premise, which really could work. Though determining who's pro and who's scrub is another headache altogether lol.

Yeah, that promotes another problem though, because the guys that play to win will still play to win in team tourney - and they won't be interested unless they can make their own teams with other people that play to win. So on one hand they don't participate, and on the other they kind of mess it up for everyone else.

QuoteAlso: I wondered if it would be appropriate to post some questions regarding some of the finer details oon the upcoming tournament in a seperate threa for you organisers to answer. There's been a bit of conversation about the specifics among some of the PSN crew and it'd be good to have a Q&A thread, with your approval.

Absolutely.

Erlking

so i simply go and sign up on the day? and pay $10 there as well?
Auckland ?????
i came, i saw, i dictated

fluxcore

gunsmoke

LiFe iS gOoD wHeN u WaNa Be!

Cr8zyK1LL3r

Quote from: gunsmoke on June 22, 2009, 10:58:44 PM
The best way to team up is lucky draw.
that's also the worst way. Lol
I actually don't mind doing it. We can just have some fun with the team battle. But i really don't recommend doing it for a tournament at this stage.

zos'la

I would recommend random team from top 8 or 12 after finals.
That is if we have time, it would be good for spectating and give the guys another chance to show us what they got.
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

[NIUE] Optimus DAVE

Quote from: zosla on June 23, 2009, 08:13:49 AM
That is if we have time, it would be good for spectating and give the guys another chance to show us what they got.

yeah man this way sounds good, random teams from the top finishers would be mean to watch....just depending on the time.

like as soon as the top 8 or 12 are known, just do that teams then....

plus u guys can always do team tourny at xlan lol...:(
The New Generation Clockw0rk

Hydro

Quote from: zosla on June 23, 2009, 08:13:49 AM

Better tune in to my matches Andy, you're gonna see some crazy shit.

zos'la

hehe looking forward to it mate^^ and I am sure you will see some from me too :)
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

CrazyMobius

I just read Ioane is coming to this. Man that makes up for Leonard not entering. Good stuff!