• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

DID YOU SEE THAT? That was the DAMAGER!

Main Menu

15/08/2009 - NZism's National SFIV tourney!

Started by fluxcore, June 09, 2009, 12:21:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HoneyBadger

Quote from: Genxa on July 28, 2009, 05:10:57 PM
Having international players really increases the Hype for an event, hence we were lucky enough to have Justin Wong come to OHN a couple years back.
We had 8 different games being played, and he won ALL of them, (except Tekken Tag, where he came 2nd).

We didnt mind him winning over all out $$, just the hype of him being there and meeting international players that share the same passion is great fun in itself.

^ I was making a post about this but you beat me to it. The only direction I can see our game going after playing these guys is up. An Oceanic tourney in the future would definitely increase our chances of seeing some of the legendary players
my mum found dark dawn on the DS.

that game is gonna get raped.

MUMMYHALA

geef

imho let the bomb play in your tourny...

if your standard is near him then good entertainment will be had by all, and if not - your players will learn and he can win money to sponsor a trip to japan/evo (or whatever).

[8-----D] Toots

Please let the Aussies come. I don't mind even if I am making the stick lol. I would really like to get a grasp of how good we are. The opportunity to play better players is a hell of alot more important to me than prize money. There is always second place lol

Genxa

can the organisers please come to a decision, cause allowing us to enter or not, effects out decision of coming to NZ or not.

Thank you sooo much~

shaaaaa

lol sorry but i actually meant:

Bomb (possibly daigo level) = if he is in jap

he is good but in the tournament he almost lost to a mid-level gouken! :)

fluxcore

He won't be winning any money, that's the issue, and the ONLY issue imo, I think it would be amazing to have as much competition as possible in the tournament.

The #1 prize is something that we kind of made specifically for the NZism community, an NZism branded custom stick. So seeing that go to an aussie doesn't make much sense to me. I dunno, maybe we can come to some arrangement. I'd hate to miss an opportunity to level up NZ's game by playing you guys wherever possible.
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

[8-----D] Toots

Quote from: fluxcore on July 28, 2009, 05:27:40 PM
He won't be winning any money, that's the issue, and the ONLY issue imo, I think it would be amazing to have as much competition as possible in the tournament.

The #1 prize is something that we kind of made specifically for the NZism community, an NZism branded custom stick. So seeing that go to an aussie doesn't make much sense to me. I dunno, maybe we can come to some arrangement. I'd hate to miss an opportunity to level up NZ's game by playing you guys wherever possible.

I haven't finished the stick. So if you wanted to you could change first prize to cash.

maelgrim

Consider the foreigners as special invitees
They can compete as normal but the Custom stick goes to the highest placed NZ resident as well as the title of National champion.

This is quite common in many sports.
Though if they win they are still considered the Tournament champ & maybe get a certificate :)
Tell me something, Billy. How come a cute little guy like this can turn into a thousand ugly monsters?

HoneyBadger

Quote from: fluxcore on July 28, 2009, 05:27:40 PM

I thought this would be the issue. As in they realise there is no $$ prize and drop out killing some of da hype

MUMMYHALA

fluxcore

Put it this way, we're not going to turn the aussies away from the tournament. What happens prize-wise is not so certain atm though due to this.
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

CptMunta

Screw it,

Bring em' on! More comp the better. We can't softban aussies, they aren't bosses.

Hell, why don't we all throw 5 bucks extra into the ring.

Winner can choose cash or stick.

Just be careful with seeding is all depending on how many migrate, . Or I'll see you all in losers bracket  ;) :P
Munta on the web: www.pavementart.co.nz
PSN: CptMunta

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Quote from: Cr8zyK1LL3r on July 28, 2009, 05:04:51 PM
Quote from: zosla on July 28, 2009, 03:15:06 PM
Let teh Aussie think what they like, you can see for yourself if HE does come.
I don't take comments like such until I get a taste of the BOMB.
I will take it as he's the best Ryu player in Aus & NZ. But comparing to Daigo.........
I've seen both Daigo's matches and Humanbomb's matches. If you observe them closely, Humanbomb's style is more like a sword that can break through your defense. While Daigo's style is more like a Spear that can pierce through everything + he has an ULTIMATE shield.

And my el fuerte is like the rotten tomato that disintegrates when it hits you in the face. Its annoying, but it washes off pretty easily.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

HoneyBadger

The problem with seeding is, we don't know how well we'll do against them ><

MUMMYHALA

Hulk

Just a quick thought...

Putting the price $$$ aside...

If Humanbomb does in fact decide to join this tournament, and wins, will the NZ community recognise him as the ANZ champion?

This way the national champion title will still go to a NZ resident.

HoneyBadger

MUMMYHALA