• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

15/08/2009 - NZism's National SFIV tourney!

Started by fluxcore, June 09, 2009, 12:21:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fluxcore

Quote from: Hulk on July 28, 2009, 06:03:35 PM
Just a quick thought...

Putting the price $$$ aside...

If Humanbomb does in fact decide to join this tournament, and wins, will the NZ community recognise him as the ANZ champion?

This way the national champion title will still go to a NZ resident.

I don't really see how we couldn't... however the 'national champion' title isn't necessarily still going to be easy to determine (depending on how the brackets turn out), and I don't know if it's even worth determining like that...
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

Cr8zyK1LL3r

Quote from: Toomeke on July 28, 2009, 05:36:42 PM
I haven't finished the stick. So if you wanted to you could change first prize to cash.
I would love the aus players to join our tournament also. Having a big player like Humanbomb to join our event is a good opportunity for us to open our eyes.
But i can also understand the NZism's feelings, having a player who is not belonged to NZ and carrying over 90% winning probabilities is going to kill half of the fun.

And even if we have a cash prize for him, say $5/person chip in, 5 X 50 players = $250 only. I wonder if he would fly oversea just to claim that $250.

he can win money to sponsor a trip to japan/evo (or whatever).
I'm pretty sure the money you win from this tournament won't be enough to cover your ticket + Accommodation in NZ. Left alone flying all the way to Japan or Evo.

This is quite a hard decision, I hope the organizers will sort it out somehow.....

fluxcore

Well, from my perspective:

The tournament is supposed to be for the NZ nationals and has been organised as such.
If any Australian players want to enter, they are welcome to, however we're not going to change everything because of it. Maybe if there are enough entrants we can have a prize pot, but the current entry fee is to take care of venue hire + prize costs. It's too late to just cancel the prizes and make it a prize pot, probably.

I can't really see what more we can do until the day of the tournament and we know how many entrants (and therefore how much money) are there.
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

Lennysaurus

Quote from: fluxcore on July 28, 2009, 07:43:53 PM

The tournament is supposed to be for the NZ nationals and has been organised as such.
If any Australian players want to enter, they are welcome to, however we're not going to change everything because of it. Maybe if there are enough entrants we can have a prize pot, but the current entry fee is to take care of venue hire + prize costs. It's too late to just cancel the prizes and make it a prize pot, probably.

I can't really see what more we can do until the day of the tournament and we know how many entrants (and therefore how much money) are there.

The prizes have taken ages to organise.  if the Ozzy guys wanna come over and play for them, then they are welcome too imo.

If you dont want them to come here and take our prizes then practice hard!

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

CptMunta

Quote from: ILL_BILL on July 28, 2009, 06:01:25 PM
Quote from: Cr8zyK1LL3r on July 28, 2009, 05:04:51 PM
Quote from: zosla on July 28, 2009, 03:15:06 PM
Let teh Aussie think what they like, you can see for yourself if HE does come.
I don't take comments like such until I get a taste of the BOMB.
I will take it as he's the best Ryu player in Aus & NZ. But comparing to Daigo.........
I've seen both Daigo's matches and Humanbomb's matches. If you observe them closely, Humanbomb's style is more like a sword that can break through your defense. While Daigo's style is more like a Spear that can pierce through everything + he has an ULTIMATE shield.

And my el fuerte is like the rotten tomato that disintegrates when it hits you in the face. Its annoying, but it washes off pretty easily.

Quote of thread  ;D LOL
Munta on the web: www.pavementart.co.nz
PSN: CptMunta

zos'la

Quote from: Lennysaurus Rex on July 28, 2009, 08:02:13 PM
Quote from: fluxcore on July 28, 2009, 07:43:53 PM

The prizes have taken ages to organise.  if the Ozzy guys wanna come over and play for them, then they are welcome too imo.

I totally agree with Lenny, Prizes won't change so stop debating over this.

Nothing will change, Aussies are welcome to join and that is FINAL. This is a chance for us to see what we are unable to locally, open your eyes, this is a oppertunity for you folks to learn and share skills and passion.

If Bomb does win we can change the faceplate of the stick to something else, simple.
(this is for you Flux)
As for everyone else, sportsmanship plz.
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

inoxx

What's that? You don't want to die? Too late for you, pal. You're a goner!

Cr8zyK1LL3r

The prizes have taken ages to organise.  if the Ozzy guys wanna come over and play for them, then they are welcome too imo.

That's the spirit :D I'm looking forward to see top players in aus also. Let's not worrying too much about the prizes and have fun together.

maelgrim

The Australian players will not be coming here based on our prizes

Ive competed in plenty of National events with Australian invitees and they certainly didn't come for the prizes - but for the experience and help fuel / foster the trans Tasman rivalry (all good fun).

Last thing you want to do is treat this like NZ golf and Tiger woods - where they had to pay him heaps to entice him over & resulted in a rather big loss for the event.

It will be great if a group do come, really give our top players something to measure themselves against. Then hopefully we can send a group to theirs.
Tell me something, Billy. How come a cute little guy like this can turn into a thousand ugly monsters?

zos'la

Quote from: Cr8zyK1LL3r on July 28, 2009, 11:41:11 PM
The prizes have taken ages to organise.  if the Ozzy guys wanna come over and play for them, then they are welcome too imo.

That's the spirit :D I'm looking forward to see top players in aus also. Let's not worrying too much about the prizes and have fun together.
Quote from: maelgrim on July 29, 2009, 08:41:15 AM

The Australian players will not be coming here based on our prizes

Ive competed in plenty of National events with Australian invitees and they certainly didn't come for the prizes - but for the experience and help fuel / foster the trans Tasman rivalry (all good fun).

Last thing you want to do is treat this like NZ golf and Tiger woods - where they had to pay him heaps to entice him over & resulted in a rather big loss for the event.

It will be great if a group do come, really give our top players something to measure themselves against. Then hopefully we can send a group to theirs.

Both these are quotes of the day :)

Yes I am sure they are not in for the Prizes but more for the experience against other nation's players, just like a warrior seeking a challenge and wonders around the world in his bare foot!!!

It will be our pleasure to have these guys over and exchange our experience and most important to have fun. These guys if they are coming are putting $400+ for fleight and another couple of hundreds for accomadations so please give them something worth while to remember.

Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

[NIUE] Optimus DAVE

YAY

i cant wait to play against them ;D

im going to practice hard on lenny, i mean with lenny ::)
The New Generation Clockw0rk

CrazyMobius

Aussies? Big deal. They'll probably lose anyway.

gunsmoke

LiFe iS gOoD wHeN u WaNa Be!

Cr8zyK1LL3r

so.... what's the final answer ?? Is it a yes or a no ?? I think the aussies are confusing.....

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

I would say yes to them coming. But its up to them whether they want to or not, given that they wont be winning any money, since NZ is too poor.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.