• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

15/08/2009 - NZism's National SFIV tourney!

Started by fluxcore, June 09, 2009, 12:21:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hydro

Quote from: maelgrim on August 07, 2009, 10:52:01 AM

While Daigo & Hydro put in 7-8 hours a day  ;)

:)

. . . for me about 4 hours normally, last couple weeks I've been on all morning (no-one else is on then :() just running through set ups and combos in training mode, evenings are normally spent playing other dudes from here and Aussie, I've been hooking up with Elimination_, Pawnsta123, Dk, and a few others to work on bad match-ups and shit so yeah, I'm not quite at Daigo intensity yet. . . lol!  And, it's ALL for the tournament afterall. When that's over I'll probably finish writing my book and 'seriously' get back into looking for work.

Skullator

Good man, yea I'll start touching other games again after the tourny, not before it lol.

stereomonkey

Quote from: hydrokinesis on August 07, 2009, 11:01:51 AM

:)

. . . for me about 4 hours normally, last couple weeks I've been on all morning (no-one else is on then :() just running through set ups and combos in training mode, evenings are normally spent playing other dudes from here and Aussie, I've been hooking up with Elimination_, Pawnsta123, Dk, and a few others to work on bad match-ups and shit so yeah, I'm not quite at Daigo intensity yet. . . lol!  And, it's ALL for the tournament afterall. When that's over I'll probably finish writing my book and 'seriously' get back into looking for work.

Fuck... I havn't played the game seriously for a couple of weeks now.  Damn you Marvel and your all round goodness!!
"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"

Gino

Skullator

Quote from: Gino on August 07, 2009, 11:41:12 AM
Play me tonight/tomorrow you bum!

Gino do you still keep up with your Chun play or is it all Blanka these days?

HoneyBadger

my mum found dark dawn on the DS.

that game is gonna get raped.

MUMMYHALA

zos'la

its good to hear everyone is practicing hard for this coming tournament!!!
Wish you all teh best of luck :P

I am sure Alan will understand your thoughts :)

We will need some of you guys to help out admin for each game just to keep an eye on things so there won't be any dispute.
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Quote from: zosla on August 07, 2009, 12:20:03 PM

We will need some of you guys to help out admin for each game just to keep an eye on things so there won't be any dispute.

Got it sorted. Im bringing a cattle prod.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

Skullator

Pick me Andy bro, I would never let a bro like you down <3

Hydro

I mean to clarify: What's your role on the day bro? good to see you competing, but I think there's a little confusion in how much organising you're involved in for the tourney format prizes etc. Please, no offence, just for my interest.  

Also: I'm more than happy to officiate other peoples matches, record results, uphold conduct/rules etc on the day.

stereomonkey

As long as it's run better than the bourboncola cocknutts then it should be all good.
"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"

Gino

Quote from: Skullator on August 07, 2009, 11:47:01 AM
Quote from: Gino on August 07, 2009, 11:41:12 AM
Play me tonight/tomorrow you bum!

Gino do you still keep up with your Chun play or is it all Blanka these days?

I have pretty much gave up on Chun when I started using Blanka, but lately I have been putting alot of time into Ryu.

Gino

I'm more than happy to look after a section or whatnot

zos'la

Quote from: hydrokinesis on August 07, 2009, 01:58:58 PM

I mean to clarify: What's your role on the day bro? good to see you competing, but I think there's a little confusion in how much organising you're involved in for the tourney format prizes etc. Please, no offence, just for my interest.  

Also: I'm more than happy to officiate other peoples matches, record results, uphold conduct/rules etc on the day.

I'll be involved and help out as much as possible so others don't have too much of a hard time, I'll just do what I need to get things going, I don't think there should be any problems for myself to compete and being an admin?? not trying to get defensive here but I do understand some concerns here, so I'll leave teh brackets and such to be setup by Lenny and Alan if they wish. hope this answers your question>? between the brackets are creaed using a random tool, so I also don't see much point in there also :)

Also thanks for those putting your hands up to help, really appreciated it :)
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

CrazyMobius

Man it's a bit dissapointing to hear peeps won't be playing this as much when the tourney is over. That's the type of thing that's gonna kill the scene. I'm still gonna be playing this as much as I do now when the tourney has been and gone.

Come on guys don't give it up!