• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

15/08/2009 - NZism's National SFIV tourney!

Started by fluxcore, June 09, 2009, 12:21:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skullator

Quote from: fluxcore on August 06, 2009, 09:34:04 PM
The vast majority I've met have been some of the best people around. There are just a few people who through whatever means seem to be far more negative and generally annoying to deal with which makes running these sort of things a bit of a chore. I don't want to feel like not doing this any more because of a few asshats.

I'm immensely proud of what we've all built together, and it's a bit disappointing to have to say I'm starting to feel a bit down about it all.

Don't.

Think of the people like me who had no idea about the NZ scene before street fighter IV hit.

Forget tournaments etc, they are ultimately what the people there choose to make them.
You just do your best organizing shit and if people want it to be a blast, it will be.
If people want to only think about winning and be dicks, thats their call.

Your work here even just establishing \ maintaining this forum is appreciated by all immensly. As if it wasn't for this website and my random google skills, I'd still be alone in fucking Tauranga wondering if anyone else in the country had ever played marvel vs capcom 1.

Cheers admins.

CrazyMobius

The vast majority I've met have been some of the best people around. There are just a few people who through whatever means seem to be far more negative and generally annoying to deal with which makes running these sort of things a bit of a chore. I don't want to feel like not doing this any more because of a few asshats.

I'm immensely proud of what we've all built together, and it's a bit disappointing to have to say I'm starting to feel a bit down about it all.

Nah man, it's all in how you look at it. :D It's a game man, a kids game played by adults! Just relax a bit and don't take it too seriously. I have yet to meet a truly negative person here.

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Quote from: CrazyMobius on August 06, 2009, 10:21:57 PM

Nah man, it's all in how you look at it. :D It's a game man, a kids game played by adults! Just relax a bit and don't take it too seriously. I have yet to meet a truly negative person here.

LOL soooo true bro, damn kids games are taking over my life NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

As the community grows, youre naturally going to be encompassing a more diverse group of people. But the fact of the matter is for every new person that acts like a tool, there are 10 more who are generally good dudes (perhaps one day, even a female. But i doubt it. Anyway we're close enough with smoof anyway.) who are willing to learn, and pass their own knowledge on.

We've just cracked 200 members. Last year, (year before?) i remember you considering closing the website due to lack of activity. I dont need to point to you out how worthwhile all your efforts have been. Were still growing too. The NZISM MACHINE CHURNS WITH THE FIRE OF A THOUSAND BURNING SUNS

Building any kind of community isn't going to be sunshine and rainbows. I know this probably doesn't help at all, but its the truth of the matter.  You DO do a fuckload for the community, and its greatly appreciated. If it wasn't, the website wouldnt be where it is now, and neither would the community.

As far as the up coming tourney goes. The only thing that could ruin that shit at this point would be (God Forbit) if RVB burns down, closes, or suffers any sort of unlikely disaster that would result in the tourney not taking place. Ive got some fucking HYPE for that shit. And im pretty HYPE all the time (im nowhere near Euan at this point, but im well up there). Ask anyone that knows about it. Its gonna be fuckin awesome.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

QuoteWe've just cracked 200 members. Last year, (year before?) i remember you considering closing the website due to lack of activity. I dont need to point to you out how worthwhile all your efforts have been.Were still growing too. The NZISM MACHINE CHURNS WITH THE FIRE OF A THOUSAND BURNING SUNS

Building any kind of community isn't going to be sunshine and rainbows.
I know this probably doesn't help at all, but its the truth of the matter.  You DO do a fuckload for the community, and its greatly appreciated. If it wasn't, the website wouldnt be where it is now, and neither would the community.

I hate to toot my own horn, but HOLY FUCK that was the most awesome segway ever. Linked those paragraphs like a fucking FORUM GOD. Jesus im brilliant.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Quote from: ILL_BILL on August 06, 2009, 10:57:17 PM
QuoteWe've just cracked 200 members. Last year, (year before?) i remember you considering closing the website due to lack of activity. I dont need to point to you out how worthwhile all your efforts have been.Were still growing too. The NZISM MACHINE CHURNS WITH THE FIRE OF A THOUSAND BURNING SUNS

Building any kind of community isn't going to be sunshine and rainbows.
I know this probably doesn't help at all, but its the truth of the matter.  You DO do a fuckload for the community, and its greatly appreciated. If it wasn't, the website wouldnt be where it is now, and neither would the community.

I hate to toot my own horn, but HOLY FUCK that was the most awesome segway ever. Linked those paragraphs like a fucking FORUM GOD. Jesus im brilliant.
Yeaaa i have to admit i liked that bit about the burning suns and shit, hmmm trying to think where i've heard that.
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Skullator

Fucking lol'd hard at the segway appreciation Bill.

Look forward to meeting you there

stereomonkey

Same principle I guess :P
"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Quote from: stereomonkey on August 06, 2009, 11:37:57 PM

Same principle I guess :P

LOL , how do you find this stuff.

Hydro

Quote from: ILL_BILL on August 06, 2009, 10:52:27 PM
 You DO do a fuckload for the community, and its greatly appreciated. If it wasn't, the website wouldnt be where it is now, and neither would the community.

I know I don't say it enough: You are the man Alan. I really appreciate all of the time (And stress) that goes into sorting events running the site and heaps of associated activities my bro. Honestly, I know I have been a bit of a asshat from time to time, but I really do admire and respect you bro.

Hopefully you'll see we're all here cause we dig what you're doing and will be around for a long time yet. Also, if you need any help with any of the running of future events/promotional/marketing etc, PLEASE let me know, I'm fully unemployed at the moment and would revel at the chance to do more for the site/community rather than sitting on my ass practicing Viper FFF all day.

:)

stereomonkey

Geee, would everybody go and get a room if you want to suck him off :P

just kidding... or am I?  ::)

Lennysaurus

Quote from: stereomonkey on August 07, 2009, 08:53:35 AM

You just want to see guys sucking other guys off.

What a fag!

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

stereomonkey

Quote from: Lennysaurus Rex on August 07, 2009, 09:04:55 AM
Quote from: stereomonkey on August 07, 2009, 08:53:35 AM

You just want to see guys sucking other guys off.

What a fag!

GRIND SESSION!!!

Skullator

Quote from: hydrokinesis on August 07, 2009, 08:47:05 AM
I'm fully unemployed at the moment and would revel at the chance to do more for the site/community rather than sitting on my ass practicing Viper FFF all day.

It's no wonder I'm not at your level, you lucky bastard. I have to sit in an office all day trolling forums and answering phones and dealing with ANNOYING THINGS LIKE OTHER PEOPLE!

maelgrim

Quote from: Skullator on August 07, 2009, 10:30:08 AM
Quote from: hydrokinesis on August 07, 2009, 08:47:05 AM
I'm fully unemployed at the moment and would revel at the chance to do more for the site/community rather than sitting on my ass practicing Viper FFF all day.

It's no wonder I'm not at your level, you lucky bastard. I have to sit in an office all day trolling forums and answering phones and dealing with ANNOYING THINGS LIKE OTHER PEOPLE!

ditto that, I get about 2-3 hours playtime a week if i'm lucky.
While Daigo & Hydro put in 7-8 hours a day  ;)
Tell me something, Billy. How come a cute little guy like this can turn into a thousand ugly monsters?