• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

15/08/2009 - NZism's National SFIV tourney!

Started by fluxcore, June 09, 2009, 12:21:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Quote from: zosla on August 05, 2009, 01:46:17 PM
Quote from: fluxcore on August 05, 2009, 01:01:48 PM
what a fuckface
I second that.

back on tract, from my perspective players shouldn't be allowed controllers... sticks only :)

AND if they both want sticsk but their stick are on the wrong plateform then we give them a genuine TE stick to use for both on the plateform that is for that match. no arguements there.
say: I have a ps3 stick but the other player has a xbox stick and the plateform we are playing is is ps3, then he will have to use another stickrather than his own. We can't mix and macth plateform to suit every player, its a chance what plateform your match is running on.
my 2 cents :)
Negro please, its easy to set up, i'm probably the only one that uses the pad thats gonna get anywhere anyway. Just a bit of consideration please. I dont wana get dq'd just for having to use stick, that just kills it for me, dont be sad man.
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

Hydro

what a fuckface
I second that.

back on tract, from my perspective players shouldn't be allowed controllers... sticks only :)

AND if they both want sticsk but their stick are on the wrong plateform then we give them a genuine TE stick to use for both on the plateform that is for that match. no arguements there.
say: I have a ps3 stick but the other player has a xbox stick and the plateform we are playing is is ps3, then he will have to use another stickrather than his own. We can't mix and macth plateform to suit every player, its a chance what plateform your match is running on.

I hear what you're saying. It's like: bring your stick just in case, even though you may not get a chance to use it. I'm cool with that, particularly if the alternative is the TE sticks, which are 99% the same as mine anyway.

. . . how many pad players we got here anyway?

Hydro

Quote from: Smoofikith on August 05, 2009, 01:54:42 PM
On the schedule or w/e you wanna call it, will it tell us what platform we'll be playing on for our next match? Just to make it easier for us to organise equips and sheet

Yeah yeah this'd be good to know too :)

Skullator

what a fuckface
I second that.

I love you Andy, thanks this is good thinking!

Just trying to address things here BEFORE it happens at RvB and people start crying about it.

Hydro you can have a jam on my PS3 TE if you like them or wanna get a feel for the XBOX ones, I guess it's just preferring what you own and not wanting execution errors based on the stick your holding lol.

[8-----D] Toots

Quote from: weazzyefff on August 05, 2009, 02:05:21 PM

Negro please, its easy to set up, i'm probably the only one that uses the pad thats gonna get anywhere anyway. Just a bit of consideration please. I dont wana get dq'd just for having to use stick, that just kills it for me, dont be sad man.

Its fine if you wanna use pad as far as the rules go. But if the match is gona be on a xbox then your guna have to play with either a stick or xbox pad. Thats why you should learn to play stick so you don't have these kinda problems

fluxcore

if the pad players let us know which platform they prefer there shouldn't be many problems unless it's xbox pad dude vs ps3 pad dude (although who seriously would use an xbox pad?)

Sticks are basically interchangable. Anyone causing a stink due to xbox stick instead of ps3 stick gets a very nasty glare and no spot prizes.
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

stereomonkey

Quote from: fluxcore on August 05, 2009, 03:10:08 PM
(although who seriously would use an xbox pad?)

Those Gankabrothers do :)

Sticks are basically interchangable. Anyone causing a stink due to xbox stick instead of ps3 stick gets a very nasty glare, a "Just shut the fuck up and play the damn game jewbag", rick rolled everyday for breakfast... and no spot prizes

Nice! :D
"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"

geneterror

KOW 2011

HoneyBadger

Quote from: stereomonkey on August 05, 2009, 03:22:18 PM
(although who seriously would use an xbox pad?)

Those Gankabrothers do :)

[

Even they got converted to the stick bro! Both Gankatron and his bro were using sticks like kings at Leo's
my mum found dark dawn on the DS.

that game is gonna get raped.

MUMMYHALA

CrazyMobius

Quote from: geneterror on August 05, 2009, 03:26:19 PM
what a fuckface
Who the fuck was that aimed at?

Me I think. Not everyone gets my sense of humour. But yeah man, I'm thinking of going. I don't think I'm gonna get anywhere but this game is starting to gel now so I don't feel so bad about it anymore even if I get raped (not literally) by Kevin and or Hue.

I've got one of those big ass Capcom Jam sticks like James' thought so yeah I might bring a trolley along to trundle that around in.

Another question for the organizers and Andy (laughter). Are there gonna be name tags? (please answer this question as horribly serious as possible).

Lennysaurus

Quote from: CrazyMobius on August 05, 2009, 03:44:03 PM
Quote from: geneterror on August 05, 2009, 03:26:19 PM
what a fuckface
Who the fuck was that aimed at?

Me I think. Not everyone gets my sense of humour. But yeah man, I'm thinking of going. I don't think I'm gonna get anywhere but this game is starting to gel now so I don't feel so bad about it anymore even if I get raped (not literally) by Kevin and or Hue.

I've got one of those big ass Capcom Jam sticks like James' thought so yeah I might bring a trolley along to trundle that around in.

Another question for the organizers and Andy (laughter). Are there gonna be name tags? (please answer this question as horribly serious as possible).

Ive got a big roll of those stickers with "Introducing" and then a blank bit to write your name on it.  I'll bring those.  Will be good for people that are looking for their matches.

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

zos'la

Thansk Lenny, :)

If your question is legit, I will answer it to the best of my knowledge.
But just be considerate with your comments sometimes, not pointing fingers.
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

stereomonkey

"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"

Skullator

Quote from: zosla on August 05, 2009, 04:03:18 PM
Thansk Lenny, :)

If your question is legit, I will answer it to the best of my knowledge.
But just be considerate with your comments sometimes, not pointing fingers.

ZOSLA IS POINTING HIS FINGER AT... FLUXCORE!!!!!

Hahahaha Andy your posts are amazingly cute <3

[NIUE] weazzyefff

if the pad players let us know which platform they prefer there shouldn't be many problems unless it's xbox pad dude vs ps3 pad dude (although who seriously would use an xbox pad?)

Sticks are basically interchangable. Anyone causing a stink due to xbox stick instead of ps3 stick gets a very nasty glare and no spot prizes.
bang on m8. comparing a ps3 pad to an x box pad is like comparing a real shit stick with a TE stick.( when it comes to SF4 i meant)
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!