• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

15/08/2009 - NZism's National SFIV tourney!

Started by fluxcore, June 09, 2009, 12:21:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Quote from: CrazyMobius on August 07, 2009, 03:29:16 PM
Man it's a bit dissapointing to hear peeps won't be playing this as much when the tourney is over. That's the type of thing that's gonna kill the scene. I'm still gonna be playing this as much as I do now when the tourney has been and gone.

Come on guys don't give it up!

Who the hell said that? Fuck that shit. And lets not forget SF4: Dash is in the works at some level.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

Cr8zyK1LL3r

I'm gonna quit sf4 after this tourney. Getting sick of it. I might start to play BB & other games when i have spare time and SF4 will be my last option.

Hydro

Quote from: Cr8zyK1LL3r on August 07, 2009, 03:44:18 PM
I'm gonna quit sf4 after this tourney. Getting sick of it. I might start to play BB & other games when i have spare time and SF4 will be my last option.

Dude, seriously, don't. You're a bench-mark player for many of us here, myself definitely included, so to lose you to another game (Or genre) would be stink as.

Gino

You won't be quiting after I beet your ryu with mine...

AGAIN!

fluxcore

Man it's a bit dissapointing to hear peeps won't be playing this as much when the tourney is over. That's the type of thing that's gonna kill the scene. I'm still gonna be playing this as much as I do now when the tourney has been and gone.

To add to this:

It's not like there won't be anything run for SFIV in the future, we've already signalled intent to run 2on2 team tourneys every second month or so, and those ones WILL have cash pot prize, so WILL be worth entering!

And of course there's next year's tourney... which won't be THAT far away tbh...

Don't sleep on SFIV! You're sure to be surpassed :)
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Quote from: Gino on August 07, 2009, 04:03:46 PM

AGAIN!
yeahhh yaaahhh , your the man bro, "you can Do IT"
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

Cr8zyK1LL3r

AGAIN!
haha... i will be looking forward to it. And even if you beat my Ryu again and again and again. I still quit ^_^

Hydro

Quote from: fluxcore on August 07, 2009, 04:04:11 PM

To add to this:

It's not like there won't be anything run for SFIV in the future, we've already signalled intent to run 2on2 team tourneys every second month or so, and those ones WILL have cash pot prize, so WILL be worth entering!

And of course there's next year's tourney... which won't be THAT far away tbh...

Shit, the 2V2's! Lenny and i had a chat about it on Wed, I was like ". . . Yeah, but who's gonna wanna team up with my Viper and Claw?" 

Lennysaurus

You motherfuckers better not stop playing Street Fighter IV when this is over.  We got heaps of shit planned for this bitch.

Like Alan just said, 2v2 Tourneys are gonna start in a couple of months so get yourself a team mate!  My unemployed Ass has just spent a half a day writing up a proposal for how its going to run!

Then dont forget you sluts need to start practicing for when we go to Aussie!  And dont even get me started on how god damn arse fucking awesome next years nationals are gonna be.  You guys are gonna have to learn a few different games for that motherfucker!

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

zos'la

Quote from: fluxcore on August 07, 2009, 04:04:11 PM

To add to this:

Correct, there is always room for improvement!!! I will certainly stay playing but of course not to the point where I'll put my life to it hahaha. I am sure Hue is just pulling all your legs :) just make sure he doesn't do anything else lawl.

btw I'll like to see you do that again Gino hahahah.
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

Gino

Quote from: Cr8zyK1LL3r on August 07, 2009, 04:07:38 PM

AGAIN!
haha... i will be looking forward to it. And even if you beat my Ryu again and again and again. I still quit ^_^

Yeah your going to take me out pretty quickly, lol

Skullator

Quote from: hydrokinesis on August 07, 2009, 04:09:43 PM
Shit, the 2V2's! Lenny and i had a chat about it on Wed, I was like ". . . Yeah, but who's gonna wanna team up with my Viper and Claw?"  

PLEASE TELL ME YOU'RE JOKING.
WHAT ABOUT THAT PM I SENT YOU, TIER US APART?!?!?!??!

And regarding hype dying down, it's easy to see why, this version of the game is very slow, and ultras feel over powered, certain characters feel very imbalanced.

But it could and will keep going for 15 years, and it could and will get relooked at by capcom like every other street fighter, and they can and will make it better.

2v2 is an awesome idea.
Its so much more fun than just 1v1, so much more fun.

Hydro

Quote from: Gino on August 07, 2009, 04:15:39 PM
Quote from: Cr8zyK1LL3r on August 07, 2009, 04:07:38 PM

AGAIN!

Yeah your going to take me out pretty quickly, lol

WHERE'S THE FAITH BROTHERS!

Skulls gonna max out Kevin

Gino's gonna beat Hue

And I ma beat EVERYONE!

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Quote from: Lennysaurus Rex on August 07, 2009, 04:09:56 PM
You motherfuckers better not stop playing Street Fighter IV when this is over.  We got heaps of shit planned for this bitch.

Like Alan just said, 2v2 Tourneys are gonna start in a couple of months so get yourself a team mate!  My unemployed Ass has just spent a half a day writing up a proposal for how its going to run!

Then dont forget you sluts need to start practicing for when we go to Aussie!  And dont even get me started on how god damn arse fucking awesome next years nationals are gonna be.  You guys are gonna have to learn a few different games for that motherfucker!

I think ill broaden my horizons for sure, but BIRRY WONG DOES NOT BE GIBBING UP TEH STRETE FYETAR. Ill be reppin marvel, BB, KOFXII, and WHATEVER THE FUCK ELSE comes out between now and then.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

Skullator

definitely picking up MvC2, netplay could make the game really fail, but training mode is more than enough to get me hyped LOL.