• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

Streetfighter 4 Shaolin Monk in Yifans Queen St

Started by Diaz, June 17, 2009, 08:01:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cr8zyK1LL3r

Quote from: Diaz on June 17, 2009, 08:01:38 PM
Hi guys, just wondering if anyone here was in Yifans playing Streetfighter 4 in Queen St between 12-1.30pm today. I saw an asian dude lay the smack down on these islanders/maori group of dudes who thought they were good. It attracted a decent crowd. I was damn impressed. He basically gave the first two rounds away and then cleaned up after that. His skills with Ryu were damn impressive. Reminded me of the shit i see on Gootecks.com in terms of sheer skill.
To be honest, they weren't any good. I felt pretty bad when i win, but i was practicing a new combo and that was my last credit before going to study for exam so i had no choice. And I was waiting for Ben (toomeke) to come coz i have a favor to ask him. But he didn't turn up for some reasons.
If you wanna see good Ryu player, you should check out Poongko or Daigo from youtube.

[8-----D] Toots

Quote from: Cr8zyK1LL3r on June 18, 2009, 10:25:42 PM
Hi guys, just wondering if anyone here was in Yifans playing Streetfighter 4 in Queen St between 12-1.30pm today. I saw an asian dude lay the smack down on these islanders/maori group of dudes who thought they were good. It attracted a decent crowd. I was damn impressed. He basically gave the first two rounds away and then cleaned up after that. His skills with Ryu were damn impressive. Reminded me of the shit i see on Gootecks.com in terms of sheer skill.
To be honest, they weren't any good. I felt pretty bad when i win, but i was practicing a new combo and that was my last credit before going to study for exam so i had no choice. And I was waiting for Ben (toomeke) to come coz i have a favor to ask him. But he didn't turn up for some reasons.
If you wanna see good Ryu player, you should check out Poongko or Daigo from youtube.

Whats the favour? I didn't go down coz I figured no one would be there.

zos'la

big favor LOL.
Talk to u this weekend if we see^%^
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

Gino

Quote from: zosla on June 19, 2009, 08:40:14 AM
big favor LOL.
Talk to u this weekend if we see^%^

Remember: "It's only gay if the balls are touching"

Cr8zyK1LL3r

fluxcore

_b

No hate on you at all man, it's just funny you're getting fans for doing it :)
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

Diaz

Quote from: zosla on June 18, 2009, 11:57:36 AM
LOL.. yeah I was there yesterday at 12:30 - 1:30
Hue was on teh machine with 9 wins on the islander guys not something to exaggorate We had like 2 games before crazymobius played against my Chun vs his Dhalsim was a funny match lol.... Then I left back for work as Hue carried on playing afterwards.

Hue gave those guys 2 rounds because they are beginners.

Another Asian guy ( korean dude ) plays Guile/Blanka plays there also yesterday afternoon with his white jacket... average player.

Well i spoke to one of those guys on thursday about SF4 and they have a high opinion of themselves. They think they have skills. I've seen them play and they can do the moves but that dude Hue was just on another level. My mates were watching Hue play and he looked sleepy or disinterested in playing....... yet he was churning out these fucking killer combos. The other dudes were having spasms. It was fucking hilarious bro.

Diaz

Quote from: Cr8zyK1LL3r on June 18, 2009, 10:25:42 PM

Dude, you were awesome. Those guys think they're good. Being a student and killing time during lunch break, it was better watching a pro than watching some button mashers. Saves money as well.

Lennysaurus

OMG I WANT HIS AUTOGRAPHZ AND TO HAVE HIZ BAYBIIEIEESSS!!!!

I RUV JOO HOO!!!!

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

Kanae

Ya hes being modest.
Btw off topic 3 or 4 of us from MDS queen st play the mshvsf and xmvsf machines a few times a week, woot cum have a smash lol.

Diaz

Quote from: Kanae on June 20, 2009, 03:52:05 PM
Ya hes being modest.
Btw off topic 3 or 4 of us from MDS queen st play the mshvsf and xmvsf machines a few times a week, woot cum have a smash lol.

hahaha.... the dudes that are getting raped by Hue are running away and playing us on mshvsf and xmvsf

massi4h

Awesome, these are the games I'm better at. I'll play you guys if I see you. Normally play those 2 games in the rec centre at Auckland Uni.

Kanae

Quote from: massi4h on June 20, 2009, 06:11:47 PM
Awesome, these are the games I'm better at. I'll play you guys if I see you. Normally play those 2 games in the rec centre at Auckland Uni.

Keen as, only $1 for 2 cred too so woot.

samurai black

you bastards shouldve been there last year and learnt how to play mvc2.

then i wouldnt have had lame lunch times.

HoneyBadger

Quote from: Diaz on June 20, 2009, 04:29:16 PM
Quote from: Kanae on June 20, 2009, 03:52:05 PM
Ya hes being modest.

hahaha.... the dudes that are getting raped by Hue are running away and playing us on mshvsf and xmvsf

Aren't those the guys that even Koo can beat?
my mum found dark dawn on the DS.

that game is gonna get raped.

MUMMYHALA