• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

DID YOU SEE THAT? That was the DAMAGER!

Main Menu

Streetfighter 4 Shaolin Monk in Yifans Queen St

Started by Diaz, June 17, 2009, 08:01:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diaz

Hi guys, just wondering if anyone here was in Yifans playing Streetfighter 4 in Queen St between 12-1.30pm today. I saw an asian dude lay the smack down on these islanders/maori group of dudes who thought they were good. It attracted a decent crowd. I was damn impressed. He basically gave the first two rounds away and then cleaned up after that. His skills with Ryu were damn impressive. Reminded me of the shit i see on Gootecks.com in terms of sheer skill.

Hydro

Quote from: Diaz on June 17, 2009, 08:01:38 PM
Hi guys, just wondering if anyone here was in Yifans playing Streetfighter 4 in Queen St between 12-1.30pm today. I saw an asian dude lay the smack down on these islanders/maori group of dudes who thought they were good. It attracted a decent crowd. I was damn impressed. He basically gave the first two rounds away and then cleaned up after that. His skills with Ryu were damn impressive. Reminded me of the shit i see on Gootecks.com in terms of sheer skill.

Oh Gawd, save us from his swelling ego PLEASE

Diaz

Do you know that guy? I was just spectating today and i couldn't believe what i saw. I've never been to any of the events held here by NZISM but i thought this is the best site to ask.

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

If its hue/andy, they wouldnt be giving the first 2 rounds away. They would give one round for sure, but not the first 2. I could be wrong on this though.

If it was the same dude i played later on in the afternoon, (skinny, medium length hair. was wearing a white jumper?) Then he is pretty average imo.

Quote from: Diaz on June 17, 2009, 08:16:58 PM
Do you know that guy? I was just spectating today and i couldn't believe what i saw. I've never been to any of the events held here by NZISM but i thought this is the best site to ask.

Yes we're the best site to ask. Come to the events. The better players here are very very good. Best players in Auckland HANDS DOWN. Odds are, if you see someone REALLY good playing at yifans, theyre probably on the site.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

Diaz

Cheers mate. I'll definately make an effort to show up at NZISM events in the future.

Diaz

Quote from: ILL_BILL on June 17, 2009, 08:46:21 PM
Yes we're the best site to ask. Come to the events. The better players here are very very good. Best players in Auckland HANDS DOWN. Odds are, if you see someone REALLY good playing at yifans, theyre probably on the site.

Where do they rank in terms of New Zealand and world-wide? Is there any footage of the NZISM events that i can view on youtube and stuff?

Kanae

Yea I saw him too, it was the white hoodie dude playing Ryu. Although, its obvious he has a console version and stick at home, and has done all the training and shit, he was using standards strings and combos but he was laxxed as.

fluxcore

Quote from: Diaz on June 17, 2009, 08:55:45 PM
Where do they rank in terms of New Zealand and world-wide? Is there any footage of the NZISM events that i can view on youtube and stuff?

There are a few match vids from our first tournament in the Match Vids section, however it was about 1 month after the game was out so it was very early days. The more recent events have not been recorded for various technical reasons. But yeah, you'll see a bit of what's up at xLan, but our national tournament in August is where the real competition will be!

Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

massi4h

No no, you mean that guy with the black hoodie saying massi4h on it. He was destroying everyone.

JK lol got owned again today as usual.

HoneyBadger

The azn guy with the azn ginge hair under his white hoody? lol @ James' comment =P but yeah, Hue and Andy would give away the later two rounds, not the first.
my mum found dark dawn on the DS.

that game is gonna get raped.

MUMMYHALA

CrazyMobius

Quote from: Kanae on June 17, 2009, 09:08:49 PM
Yea I saw him too, it was the white hoodie dude playing Ryu. Although, its obvious he has a console version and stick at home, and has done all the training and shit, he was using standards strings and combos but he was laxxed as.

White Hoodie with skulls on it? That's Hue alright he's been wearing that since summer finished. He's tough all right but I don't think he has the console version.

Kanae

yar had the skulls methinks, pretty damn good aye. He was hoggin it so I went off n had a smash at mshvsf and xmvsf... :P

Diaz

Quote from: CrazyMobius on June 17, 2009, 10:18:28 PM
Quote from: Kanae on June 17, 2009, 09:08:49 PM

White Hoodie with skulls on it? That's Hue alright he's been wearing that since summer finished. He's tough all right but I don't think he has the console version.

That cat's got mad skillz. The other group of dudes he single-handedly massacred bullied noobies like myself. Proof of his skills were the audience that were crowding around his side to check it out.

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

White jumper with no hood was what i was talking about, hes pretty meh. And just a random.

But yea, the guy youre talking about sounds like hue. He's Cr4zyk1ll4 on these forums.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

CrazyMobius

Quote from: ILL_BILL on June 17, 2009, 10:48:51 PM
White jumper with no hood was what i was talking about, hes pretty meh. And just a random.

Oh I think I know the guy you're talking about. He currently goes by the name "White Jacket Falla" If he's the guy that plays Guile and Blanka.