• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

modded mayflash stick!

Started by deprenyl, June 18, 2009, 02:58:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

deprenyl

Hi guys

Haven't been on the forums or at yifans lately due to the exams (crunch time ><)

But...ive been procrastinating here and there (as you do) and worked on my stick during that time

Not until long, It was complete !

Pics below, any thoughts welcome

Cheers

after thoughts:

1. due to the 5pin connector on the stick getting in the way of the pcb, i couldnt add in the 4 buttons at the top, so theyre blank, which is a bit of a hassle when needing the menu, but prevents me from accidently hitting the menu button during gameplay, so i guess thats a good point

2. trying to think of ways to get a custom artwork on the top, exploring plexiglass options

3. not sure if the nuts and bolts will hold, as i have a feeling they will come loose/undone after using the stick for a while and thrashing it about

fluxcore

You can rotate the stick 180 degrees so the 5pin connector is at the bottom. You'd have to resolder the wires obviously since the directions would be different, but then you'd have your buttons (which I'd say are pretty much essential)

Otherwise, sweet...
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

electric

Correct me if i'm wrong (more than likely, I am) but can't you just rotate the pcb with the pins on it 90 degrees ? I heard they do this in the standard edition fightsticks because they get in the way of some of the mounting points or something to that effect.
"gief can jump above the screen and pummel all over the place..." - Zosla

fluxcore

That would require removing the restrictor + 8 screws, as opposed to only 2 screws. But yeah, you could do that.
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

deprenyl

the huge circle plastic thing gets in the way of the 5pin when rotating the stick 90degrees which is a bummer :(

might try the rotating the pcb thing one day, sounds like an idea!

Lennysaurus

Since its for PS3 just use a Wireless controller to hit the start button for you.

And if its on PC.  Just use the keyboard for your start button.

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

deprenyl

Quote from: Lennysaurus Rex on June 18, 2009, 01:15:24 PM
Since its for PS3 just use a Wireless controller to hit the start button for you.

And if its on PC.  Just use the keyboard for your start button.

yup, thats what ive been doing :)...until...some sad news

sfiv froze while i was playing it tonight...i reset the ps3 with the touch on/off button (i was careful about this, as i heard horror stories about the blu ray breaking if you reset it from the back etc...) but....i think the blu ray still broke, as it wont recognize any of my disks :(

so now i have a out of warranty, broken ps3 with sfiv and a sanwa stick to match :(

Gino

The blu ray breaks when you turn the console off? Jesus! Move over rrod...

deprenyl

i know :(. i think it broke before i turned the console off...i mean, the game probably froze cause the lens blew or whatever, but yea just speculation

still very sad...

fluxcore

Deprenyl: take a look at this
http://we-fearless-ones.blogspot.com/2009/05/playstation-3-durability-courts-ruling.html

See if you think it applies to you. If the ps3 should reasonably have lasted longer than this, then it's possible you may win if you take it to the disputes tribunal, especially now there is a strong precedent.

deprenyl

i think thats a good idea, but im not sure if i have the willpower for all that, sounds like a long and hard process :(

fluxcore

deprenyl

edit - decided to quote the CGA act and do all that sorta stuff at noel leeming

thanks for the link, after researching a bit more and coming across this:

http://www.consumer.org.nz/reports/consumer-guarantees-act/comments/253#comment-253

i think i have more confidence

wish me luck guys :)

fluxcore

Good stuff, hope it goes well! :)

karizzma

What did you put in to cover the empty buttons? I want to take those two (5 and 1) out of my stick but don't know what people use to cover the holes. Also I used that argument and was able to get reimbursed for my YLOD and I won. My PS3 is due back on Tuesday with a brand new warranty oh ya.