• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

Newbies: feel free to ask for help! We can do training sessions online as well!

Main Menu

Old OzHadou interview gets me thinking about NZism's future, please read!

Started by fluxcore, June 19, 2009, 02:28:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

[NIUE] Optimus DAVE

Quote from: B1ackstar Ninja on June 22, 2009, 11:49:24 AM
Couldnt I or someone else just bring there pc and run the arcade rom through mame or ggpo ar kawaks and just plug 2 360 TE sticks in Like I do at home ?

Instant arcade accurate game .

fuck i hate being a noob with ggpo. i so wish i knew how to work it like you guys :-[

also i reckon

t6br
sf4
mvc2
3s
HDR
KOF XI
KOF 98 (The newer one)
those are what i'd play........

screw kofxii....
The New Generation Clockw0rk

gunsmoke

Quote from: ADism on June 22, 2009, 12:00:43 PM
Quote from: B1ackstar Ninja on June 22, 2009, 11:49:24 AM
Couldnt I or someone else just bring there pc and run the arcade rom through mame or ggpo ar kawaks and just plug 2 360 TE sticks in Like I do at home ?

Instant arcade accurate game .

fuck i hate being a noob with ggpo. i so wish i knew how to work it like you guys :-[

Me too (>__<)""" need King Piccolo to set up 4 me....
Yeah Dave...lets play 98 UM bro is fun man.......while playin this waiting 4 2002UM hopefully they put it on Yifan too...
LiFe iS gOoD wHeN u WaNa Be!

[NIUE] Optimus DAVE

yeah man, i come down yifans either 2day or 2moro at lunch time
The New Generation Clockw0rk

Squares

Haven't seen anyone except myself try the KOF12 machines in Yifans yet. But If there is a BlazBlue tournament I'll be in for it. Or Tekken 6 actually, had a go at it for the first time and it was pretty fun.
Nyaaaa

HoneyBadger

I wanna play Blazblue at Yifans but I don't wanna waste peoples' time by making them scrub me out ><
my mum found dark dawn on the DS.

that game is gonna get raped.

MUMMYHALA

Squares

Most the people I saw playing it looked pretty new. That or they were just watching SFIV players and taking up the chair.. In which case I kindly asked they remove themselves from it. :D
Nyaaaa

CptMunta

I Hope this site gets more popular with South Islanders.

Get a south Island league happening. No comp here.

:'(

But the site has really exploded after playing Flux all those years ago on ggpo when it started up. (Go Alpha 2!)

Really cool to see a healthy thriving community in NZ with tourneys and practice sessions etc, even if it is north island so far.
Munta on the web: www.pavementart.co.nz
PSN: CptMunta

fluxcore

Quote from: CptMunta on June 24, 2009, 07:16:57 PM
I Hope this site gets more popular with South Islanders.

Get a south Island league happening. No comp here.

:'(

But the site has really exploded after playing Flux all those years ago on ggpo when it started up. (Go Alpha 2!)

Really cool to see a healthy thriving community in NZ with tourneys and practice sessions etc, even if it is north island so far.

To be fair it's all been SF4, without that we'd still be dead in the water. It's a shame there aren't more people from various regions around, it's basically only more Aucklanders. Hell we almost have more aussies than non-aucklanders. I don't really know how to reach more people :(
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

Squares

Has trying to communicate with the owners of Yifans helped? Setting up tournaments in there? (Excuse me if this has been passed about a hundred times before, hehe)
Nyaaaa

Gino

Quote from: fluxcore on June 24, 2009, 08:12:00 PM
To be fair it's all been SF4, without that we'd still be dead in the water. It's a shame there aren't more people from various regions around, it's basically only more Aucklanders. Hell we almost have more aussies than non-aucklanders. I don't really know how to reach more people :(

Start a T6 tournament, although I don't think anyone plays it in Hamilton, it's all sf4 here. Start a nzism tournament in the tron man.

fluxcore

Quote from: Squares on June 24, 2009, 09:09:51 PM
Has trying to communicate with the owners of Yifans helped? Setting up tournaments in there? (Excuse me if this has been passed about a hundred times before, hehe)

I'm not in a geographical location which makes talking to Yifans people easy, however from what I understand they are basically completely uninterested in doing anything with us. As long as we go there to play their games I don't think they give much of a shit.
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

fluxcore

Quote from: Gino on June 24, 2009, 09:32:32 PM
Start a T6 tournament, although I don't think anyone plays it in Hamilton, it's all sf4 here. Start a nzism tournament in the tron man.

All SF4, hahahaha, you make it sound like there's a scene here.

I don't know anything about how many people in Hamilton play T6, I think there are a couple of serious players (presumably Jerry and someone else), but I believe there's a TZ T6 national tournament coming up soon anyway, so there's no point in me even offering to do that.

I might ask Steve if he wants to do monthly SFIV tournies though, no prizes and no entry fees, just for the thrill of MORTAL KOMBAAAAAT

Gino

Quote from: fluxcore on June 24, 2009, 09:39:20 PM
Quote from: Gino on June 24, 2009, 09:32:32 PM

All SF4, hahahaha, you make it sound like there's a scene here.

I don't know anything about how many people in Hamilton play T6, I think there are a couple of serious players (presumably Jerry and someone else), but I believe there's a TZ T6 national tournament coming up soon anyway, so there's no point in me even offering to do that.

I might ask Steve if he wants to do monthly SFIV tournies though, no prizes and no entry fees, just for the thrill of MORTAL KOMBAAAAAT

Steve might be keen on that, provided everyone pays for there own games.

Jerry might be the only good player left in hamilton, steve said all the tekken players stopped playing when t6 came out. SF4 has a pretty large following (go in on thursday, 1pm->onwards is the best time (thursday is 1/2 price day on a new card).

Chuckk

Quote from: fluxcore on June 24, 2009, 08:12:00 PM

I think it has a lot to do with other regions not having arcade SF4, and the difficulty in obtaining a decent stick here. Although a lot of say the 3s regulars in wellington have SF4 at home they don't have a stick and without one it's pretty much pointless, not to mention comp wise your limited to online play which is decent, but nothing like playing in the arcade.

Kinda left me feeling why stop playing 3s when I can go to the arcade and play it, when the only way to get SF4 comp is online. (Though generally the connections were great)

The only thing I could really think of to get things moving outside auckland and hamilton is if people had a bunch of sticks, consoles and screens and went to one persons place for a Valle RTSD type session, or Watson YJDK house thing. Gotta find t he people first though, but it seems like there is a bunch of new people here daily so I think the players are out there.

Shit if dudes are grinding up to G1, and G2 as uppercut everything Ken's they must want to get better atleast a little.

Anyhow, my 2c.
RAP GAME MIKE MYERS

"It's only the 360 version that is late.  PS3 version will ship on time."

-Lenny

fluxcore

Yeah, the lack of SF4 arcade definitely doesn't help, but arcades are basically a moot point these days anyway.
I highly recommend doing gaming get-togethers though, met a lot of good dudes doing that kind of thing over the years. I obviously can't set that shit up for you guys though! :D

As for sticks, order some through playasia if you must, hori fs3s are back in, and new sticks are coming in every week atm.

Personally I have no problem training in SF4 online.