• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

Old OzHadou interview gets me thinking about NZism's future, please read!

Started by fluxcore, June 19, 2009, 02:28:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fluxcore

My problem with the tekken stuff is I CAN'T FIND ANY INFORMATION ON THEIR EVENTS

The threads on TZ are so horrible to sift through! If there's something I'm missing, please point me at the details so I can actually find out about this stuff and advertise it here!
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

massi4h

Which TZ is this (if you can find info lol)? I might be keen to take a look. I'll show off my tekken 3 king chain grab which will get teched if I manage to grab them with it

fluxcore

The nationals are... yeah I don't know. Not sure if there are regional tourneys first and then winner goes to the nationals, or if there's just one big nationals, really not sure. Ask at your local I guess...

So far all I know is:
"the tz tourny is this year's national tourny - they are holding 2 rounds this time, the champion of each round (ie 2 of them) will get to fly to philipines later to participate in the timezone international t6 tourny"
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

Chuckk

Haha yeah TZ is hella hard to search through, and yeah Barnstorm, CptMunta and I when we played awhile back were using that little chatroom thing in ps3 but it's too hard to get out any communication without a keyboard so I just sit there raging.

Anyone else tried playing with headsets on PS3 before to find it was SUPER laggy even when playing someone literally in the same 1000 person town?
RAP GAME MIKE MYERS

"It's only the 360 version that is late.  PS3 version will ship on time."

-Lenny

Orochi

Cpt.Munta and I were discussing, we thought that Street Fighter the Movie the Game and Tattoo Warriors should be represented in a tournament. These past gems deserve to be played alongside the games of today, to show the amount of work had gone into the pure fun they bring to versus play.

fluxcore

Orochi

Oh is that a challenge?

I can get real serious about SFTM:TG if need be, you better prepare yourself, warrior.

CptMunta

SFTMTG Toooo much fun. We couldn't stop cracking up at the awesomeness.

Yeah we were thinking of the ultimate casuals tourney for terrible/broken/obscure games

Someone draws the name of a terrible/obscure game out of a hat.

Everyone plays the awful game in the first bracket:

Winners bracket gets an even worse game selection to choose from.

Losers bracket gets some average better known game selection to choose from.

Top 8 play:

Tattoo Assassins (Everyone has a fart special move in this game)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HiBM2XVym00

While dreams are free, even a great obscure fighting game tourney would rock. Having everyones favorite underdog fighters in a hat and everyone plays them.

Munta on the web: www.pavementart.co.nz
PSN: CptMunta

HoneyBadger

Hahaha that would be funny as. Can we have SF2 rainbow? I've always wanted to play that
my mum found dark dawn on the DS.

that game is gonna get raped.

MUMMYHALA

massi4h

I remember playing this ps2 3d fighting game which everyone had supers and the mechanics didn't seem to bad. Then there is this guy called vermillion who wears a cape and has a gun. You pretty much lose cause he shoots you lol.

Orochi

Quote from: massi4h on June 26, 2009, 11:11:23 PM
I remember playing this ps2 3d fighting game which everyone had supers and the mechanics didn't seem to bad. Then there is this guy called vermillion who wears a cape and has a gun. You pretty much lose cause he shoots you lol.

Sure you don't mean PS1? Battle Arena Toshinden sounds like that

massi4h

Actually yeah ps1. That name sounds familiar. Do you have that game? It was heaps of random fun.

Orochi

I have Toshinden 1 and 4...

hey munta, your youtube video sucks, they don't even list WHY they thought SFTM and SFEX3 was bad.

Here's a vid with 60 fatalities from Tattoo Assassins :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_08g0Vu7CM