• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

[NZism SFIV National Tournament 15.08.09] Questions and Answers

Started by Hydro, June 21, 2009, 12:20:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

massi4h

We could say that ps3 is the default console and if we have pad vs pad it is defaulted to ps3 (where they can pick pad or stick) or they can agree to play on xbox 360, but make ps3 the default.

Generally most games with pad options are preffered on a playstation dualshock due to buttons>triggers so that's why I think ps3 should be default (any pad guitar hero player who is good plays on a ps2 ds).

Gino

Except we have far more 360 consoles than we have PS3 consoles. So if more than one match has to happen at once, then shit starts getting difficult. Bloody pad players...

HoneyBadger

Maybe we really should ban pads in the next tourney. Hopefully it will encourage new players to pick something up. Surely they could pick up pad by the next tourney?
my mum found dark dawn on the DS.

that game is gonna get raped.

MUMMYHALA

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Quote from: Smoofikith on August 12, 2009, 01:40:08 PM
Maybe we really should ban pads in the next tourney. Hopefully it will encourage new players to pick something up. Surely they could pick up pad by the next tourney?
It's kind of doing the oppisite for me right now, i'll never be able to afford a stick due to huge debt, so i need the best chance at winning one right now, but i dont wana be a pain so please dont worry about too much, it's allgood baby baby.

oh yeah there was a fei long pad player at evo, so i wonder how they dealt with it, he was up there too, enough to get fame.
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

fluxcore

Evo was ps3 ONLY, and bring your own controller. Making this tourney 360 only isn't very appealing for people, and making it PS3 only wasn't going to work because RvB doesn't have enough PS3s, so it would come down to people donating ps3s. Also there ARE some people who intend to play on 360 pad, apparently!
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Quote from: fluxcore on August 12, 2009, 02:07:57 PM
Evo was ps3 ONLY, and bring your own controller. Making this tourney 360 only isn't very appealing for people, and making it PS3 only wasn't going to work because RvB doesn't have enough PS3s, so it would come down to people donating ps3s. Also there ARE some people who intend to play on 360 pad, apparently!
Yeah true oh well, im probably the worst ever at adapting to stick, like how do you's walk forward without jumping? and how the fuck do you tech throws when your accidently doing focus attack. Practically if you can consistently fireball your better than me and i dont stand a chance (with stick obv) .

oh well cross my fingers, and put a hex on 360 pad players to stay away from me.
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

stereomonkey

Quote from: weazzyefff on August 12, 2009, 02:40:51 PM
Yeah true oh well, im probably the worst ever at adapting to stick, like how do you's walk forward without jumping? and how the fuck do you tech throws when your accidently doing focus attack. Practically if you can consistently fireball your better than me and i dont stand a chance (with stick obv) .

oh well cross my fingers, and put a hex on 360 pad players to stay away from me.

It should be all good bro.  Bit sad that you can't grasp the stick as well as other people (no homo) because I'm sure most xbox pad warriors ARE able to se a stick too. :-\

Everything will turn out dandy guys.  Trust me, everything will be sweet as!

Also...

ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US!

"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Quote from: stereomonkey on August 12, 2009, 03:45:46 PM
Quote from: weazzyefff on August 12, 2009, 02:40:51 PM

It should be all good bro.  Bit sad that you can't grasp the stick as well as other people (no homo) because I'm sure most xbox pad warriors ARE able to se a stick too. :-\

Everything will turn out dandy guys.  Trust me, everything will be sweet as!

Also...

ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO THE DAMAGER!

Fixed.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

[NIUE] weazzyefff

yeah i heard that pad (fightpad) woould of been except for the D-Pad, anyways i was just asking bill if they wanted to try it first.Allgood .

ceekaytwo

r u guys going to be providing live updates via this site or twitter?

fluxcore

That's a cool idea, but I'm not sure if RvB has a leechable internet connection for that kind of thing. I suppose Lenny could post updates from his iPhone... :P
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

Cr8zyK1LL3r

Quote from: Gino on August 12, 2009, 11:14:01 AM
Seed all the pad players against Kevin, Mike and Simon. Problem will be solved quickly then.
Perfect solution !! lol

Lennysaurus

Quote from: fluxcore on August 12, 2009, 06:10:27 PM
That's a cool idea, but I'm not sure if RvB has a leechable internet connection for that kind of thing. I suppose Lenny could post updates from his iPhone... :P

MateI got a 3 gig cap on my iphone data now.  We can just tether from my laptop and shell be fuckin raging!

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

Gankatron

Quick question, regarding the multiple setups we will have this Sat, will there be tables for us to place the sticks on for all the setups?

fluxcore