• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

Low Tiers

Started by [NIUE] Optimus DAVE, June 30, 2009, 04:55:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lennysaurus

Quote from: zosla on July 02, 2009, 09:54:29 AM
like I said, I don't care who is top tier or not. Just give me all you got :)
Just don't always use that tier crap as an excuse like most other here are.

its liek harden up!!!

I hate when people use low tier  as an excuse as well.  If you choose the low tier path, then that is your option imo. 

Dont hate the character... Hate the game playa! lols

Its nice that we are seeing our community picking up different characters though and not whoring the tops.  We almost have a person in our community that mains everyone at this point.. just need a good cammy i spose.  Maybe Dan?

I just read the new tierlist on SRK today...  They put Gen and Dan at the very very bottom.  THats so bullshit, Gens Top-mid imo.  Up there with Viper and Rog, but not quite Sagat/Ryu/Gief.

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

HoneyBadger

Definitely wouldn't put Gen at bottom. He has a lot of tools and shit he can use and some DAMAGER combos. I think it's just that most people wouldn't take the time to learn him, especially in Japan due to the arcade dominated scene
my mum found dark dawn on the DS.

that game is gonna get raped.

MUMMYHALA

[NIUE] B1ackstar Ninja

Quote from: Smoofikith on July 02, 2009, 11:30:44 AM
Definitely wouldn't put Gen at bottom. He has a lot of tools and shit he can use and some DAMAGER combos. I think it's just that most people wouldn't take the time to learn him, especially in Japan due to the arcade dominated scene
Yeah I think its just cos the japs just play arcade where gen isint in it , otherwise hed be higher .
Gen is the Damager
"Attack me if you dare , i will crush you "

HoneyBadger

YOU CANNOT DODGE WHAT YOU CANNOT SEE! huah huah huahuah AHOOOYIA

MUMMYHALA

[NIUE] Optimus DAVE

Quote from: Lennysaurus Rex on July 02, 2009, 11:25:42 AM
Maybe Dan?

just wait ;D

also, gen is quite the damager, i was watching the matches at rvb from the tournament lately and the super to ultra buzz he's got is pretty dope, altho quite damage scaled how many other characters can link their super into ultras actually im just wondering...
The New Generation Clockw0rk

Lennysaurus

Quote from: ADism on July 02, 2009, 11:45:48 AM
Maybe Dan?

just wait ;D

also, gen is quite the damager, i was watching the matches at rvb from the tournament lately and the super to ultra buzz he's got is pretty dope, altho quite damage scaled how many other characters can link their super into ultras actually im just wondering...

Guile can.  Ken can n the corner.  Ryu Can.

Gens crossup forward, standing forward, HP HHS, standing Forward, Super, FUll Ultra is 615 hit confirmable damage.

zos'la

Just when u see lenny have both gauges charged up.
U KNOW he will do that cross up blah into super then ultra :)
its like LET me get u with it and i'll lose the game if I have to!! lolol.
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

[NIUE] Optimus DAVE

Quote from: Lennysaurus Rex on July 02, 2009, 11:48:37 AM
Quote from: ADism on July 02, 2009, 11:45:48 AM
Maybe Dan?

just wait ;D

Guile can.  Ken can n the corner.  Ryu Can.

Gens crossup forward, standing forward, HP HHS, standing Forward, Super, FUll Ultra is 615 hit confirmable damage.

sweet....aww yeah i knew about guiles, even tho its pretty shit....damage and looks wise i reckon....

but yes low tiers wooo, and also i didnt mean just sf4 tiers, i just ment low tiers in general.

GO GO GWHEEL
The New Generation Clockw0rk

HoneyBadger

MUMMYHALA

Lennysaurus

Quote from: zosla on July 02, 2009, 12:18:44 PM
Just when u see lenny have both gauges charged up.
U KNOW he will do that cross up blah into super then ultra :)
its like LET me get u with it and i'll lose the game if I have to!! lolol.

Lol yeah.  Im not as bad anymore.  I have other tricks to land it now hahahaha.

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Quote from: zosla on July 02, 2009, 09:54:29 AM
like I said, I don't care who is top tier or not. Just give me all you got :)
Just don't always use that tier crap as an excuse like most other here are.

its liek harden up!!!

I assume this is mostly directed at me.

Im not using them as an excuse. I never have. I like El Fuerte. Yes hes low tier, this DOESNT MATTER to me. If it did, i probably wouldnt use him. It IS harder to win with low tier. This is fact. Im NOT using it as an excuse. Im just stating something. Im not going to come in here and say "I only lost because your character was better." That is pathetic and stupid.

NEWS FLASH: If i lose, i lose to a better player. I dont see anyone disagreeing. I was just trying to point out that contrary to what you seem to believe, TIERS DO EXIST. Whether you buy into it or not is irrelevant, however, If you dont, youre wrong. Period. You can disagree with them, or have your own opinion on them, fine. But they ARE THERE, and they are there FOR A REASON.

I have ALREADY agreed that the player is the biggest factor. I can direct quote it if you like. But saying shit like (Paraphrasing) "Tiers dont mean anything" is totally ignorant and wrong. This is not my opinion. This is fact. You can disagree with me all you like, that doesn't make you correct. There is NO ARGUMENT here.

The only time where you would have a point would be in a game where all the characters are EXACTLY THE SAME. And SF4 is NOT that game. I dont like being so irate about such a silly argument, but i dont like being spat on by misinformed bullshit.

Props to lenny for trying to keep the peace. Thats usually what i tend to be doing ironically. >_>
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

Lennysaurus

Quote from: ILL_BILL on July 02, 2009, 01:23:36 PM

Props to lenny for trying to keep the peace. Thats usually what i tend to be doing ironically. >_>

FUCK PEACE!!! I WANNA SEE BLOOD MOTHERFUCKERS!

fluxcore

I still love the tiering explanation for why ken is better than ryu in world warror.

"His kick throw rolls the opponent further and therefore closer to the corner"
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Quote from: fluxcore on July 02, 2009, 01:44:01 PM
I still love the tiering explanation for why ken is better than ryu in world warror.

OMG IM USING KEN NOW
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

[NIUE] B1ackstar Ninja

Quote from: fluxcore on July 02, 2009, 01:44:01 PM

They obviously forgot to include the bit that ryu is gay and ken is 0L33T

BWahahahahhahahhahhaa
"Attack me if you dare , i will crush you "