• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

WWBWD?

Main Menu

Low Tiers

Started by [NIUE] Optimus DAVE, June 30, 2009, 04:55:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

My only experience with SF4 dan is whoring his s.mk and somehow beating out everything.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

electric

LOL yeah, I've only ever played scrubby dans online, with one dude being an exception... Kicked my ass all day long for free :(

I really liked 3S Remy just because he was the "Guile" of Third Strike... Was never any good at that game though...
"gief can jump above the screen and pummel all over the place..." - Zosla

CptMunta

Quote from: Lennysaurus Rex on July 06, 2009, 03:26:54 PM
Quote from: kingpiccolo on July 06, 2009, 03:21:36 PM
i use dan fuck you haters  :P

Yeah the problem with you though, is youfundamentals are so good, when you use dan you rape with him....  and then everyone stops playing your game.

I should have been more clearer.

If you're good with him jump right in. If he's just your flowchart ken lite with NutraSweet don't bother.
Munta on the web: www.pavementart.co.nz
PSN: CptMunta

kingpiccolo

lol nah i jus use dan to be annoying its fuckin crack up smokling dudes jus by zonin them all day i do feel like a cheap bastard when i do it some times though but in saying that ive been smashed by dudes that use sagat lol too much damage.

CrazyMobius

Hugo was supposed to be low tier in 3S. But it didn't feel like he was.

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Random tangent directed at lenny:

Back to our RSF setup discussion. Corpse hop f.mk -> RSF. Im amazed that i never thought to use that before just now. Thats preschool shit that i totally didnt think about. Though admittedly, it looks like it runs the risk of eating an auto-corrected DP.

Tangent over

Quote from: CrazyMobius on July 07, 2009, 07:56:33 AM
Hugo was supposed to be low tier in 3S. But it didn't feel like he was.

Parry -> 75% damage will do that >_>

And id love to use dan in SF4. Sadly the "Flowchart Ken lite with Nutrasweet" would probably apply to me. Fuck me and my terrible fundamentals >_>
<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

electric

Fuck the fundamentals -- who needs 'em anyway hahah :P

But yeah, I feel you... I've picked up Akuma on the side so I can at least try better my spacing and fundamentals game. Plus, he's actually really fun to use with his 400+ damage NO METER combos
"gief can jump above the screen and pummel all over the place..." - Zosla

geneterror

Quote from: electric on July 07, 2009, 10:25:52 AMI've picked up Akuma on the side so I can at least try better my spacing and fundamentals game.
That's part of the reason I picked up Sakura and Bison, to get a bit of variety and work on different situations.
KOW 2011

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Quote from: electric on July 07, 2009, 10:25:52 AM

But yeah, I feel you... I've picked up Akuma on the side so I can at least try better my spacing and fundamentals game. Plus, he's actually really fun to use with his 400+ damage NO METER combos

I was pulling out Ken for a while for the same purpose (minus the 400 damage no meter combos) Im only just starting to incorporate what i learned there into my El Fuerte game. But my bad habits just dont seem to be dying.
<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

[NIUE] Optimus DAVE

Quote from: ILL_BILL on July 07, 2009, 10:34:46 AM
Quote from: electric on July 07, 2009, 10:25:52 AM

I was pulling out Ken for a while for the same purpose (minus the 400 damage no meter combos) Im only just starting to incorporate what i learned there into my El Fuerte game. But my bad habits just dont seem to be dying.

keep playing ken laaaaa
The New Generation Clockw0rk

[NIUE] Optimus DAVE

just wondering who you guys back your low tiers up with ala top tiers?

if any.....just curious

also do you guys main your low tiers or just use them as 2nd choice or whatever?
The New Generation Clockw0rk

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

In SF4, you know i main Fuerte. I was thinking about picking up Sagat/Ryu for the bad matchups, which is a good plan, but i just didn't in the end. I would personally like to learn the hard matchups and work like a motherfucker for the wins, because i find it that much more satisfying.

Its a good idea to cover your weaknesses i reckon. Particularly if there are matches that are horribly out of favour for you. But i dunno. Its fun being the underdog.
<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

Lennysaurus

Quote from: ADism on July 09, 2009, 03:17:52 PM

if any.....just curious

also do you guys main your low tiers or just use them as 2nd choice or whatever?

Well.  I disagree that Gen is low-tier.  But according to the lists he is.

I back my Gen against any other character.  I think Ive learned him inside out.  I nack my fuerte against anyone as well, although I dont expect to win as much with Fuerte.

Im not sure if Gouken is low tier.  I dont think he is.  I do pretty alright with him too.  Back him against anyone as well.

I think Bill that you should pick up ryu or sagat, but now so much to use, but more to understand why they are so effective, and to keep your fundamentals up to scratch.  Fuerte as a character is based mostly off gimmicks, and he will destroy your fundamentals if you dont keep them in practice with other characters.  Try Gouken even if you are hell bent on not being a tier whore.

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

kingpiccolo

uhhhhhhhhhhhh i dont think i have a main if i do its ryu/ken/fei/geif but i jus jus play low tiers to see if i can win on fundamentals alone usually, soemtimes it works sometimes it doesnt.

CptMunta

Quote from: ADism on July 09, 2009, 03:17:52 PM

if any.....just curious

At the moment kinda-sorta Bison on the backup, he reminds me of CVS2 Bison in which is hella fun.

It was gonna be Sim but my Sim skills are inconstant.

I wish it was Fei Long though. I've been mucking about with him lately and he's heaps of fun.

I was going to pick up Gen but he seems to have a much steeper learning curve in SF4.
Munta on the web: www.pavementart.co.nz
PSN: CptMunta