• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

Wugga is eating uppercuts

Main Menu

ggpo tonight

Started by [NIUE] B1ackstar Ninja, June 30, 2009, 08:29:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CptMunta

On now if anyones keen :)
Munta on the web: www.pavementart.co.nz
PSN: CptMunta

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

I have to reiterate that any of you that play on GGPO should get on Ventrilo. Even if you dont have a mic. Its a great way to see who's online from nzism.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

HoneyBadger

^ This. Usually three or four of us are online and not on GGPO
my mum found dark dawn on the DS.

that game is gonna get raped.

MUMMYHALA

CptMunta

Good set last night Nick :)

That ST Gief is a disease, he just touches you once and you die. Really hard work taking him down. Took me forever, those tick spds broke me. Your Deejay rushdown is awesome too. Goodtimes

Puzzle Fighter was just embarrassing. I have no skill.

3S was cool. I'm slowly starting to remember the ins and outs of the system. Some really close games. Lots of cool mind games vs your Yun.

GGs man, 46 ping is awesome. If you ever hook up your psn I'm sure our games would be smooth as :)
Munta on the web: www.pavementart.co.nz
PSN: CptMunta

Nick4now

GGS Marc!

Had fun with ST! Your Chun Li is fricken scary when you have Super stocked. when shes walking towards me I know something is coming my way... Your Honda was great too! Here I was thinking man this should be easy with Dee Jay but somehow you managed to dodge my projectiles. lol But just did a little reading around and you're right Honda can also store super   :)

Ahhh Puzzle Fighter... Sorry I've played that game waaaaaay too many times. lol

3S was definitely cool. I was laughing that we were both getting used to the mechanics. I try to throw you with F+FP a few times earlier in our set and I notice you hit me with a dp and then instantly threw out an ex hadouken.... and whiffed lol (Is that a SFIV only combo?)

I'll hook up my psn sometime when I can be bothered moving a TV and the PS3 into the room where my modem is. lol I'll throw out a txt to you when that happens  :)

The Self-proclaimed Christchurch Hyper Fighting 2011 Champion

Lennysaurus

Im on... come fight me!!!

Jump on vent or on IRC CHat and sort out a game with me someone!

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

Nick4now

GGS Lenny man sorry about my computer issues. It keeps randomly shutting down  :( It may be an overheating issue... I also recently installed an old CD writer and thats when the problem began so I've disconnected it in hopes that this problem doesn't occur again.

But anyways, nice Deejay! I had so much trouble getting close to you and you got some mean combos! I would definitely want to play you again without my computer shutting down.  >:(

Lennysaurus

Quote from: Nick4now on April 14, 2010, 10:44:08 PM
GGS Lenny man sorry about my computer issues. It keeps randomly shutting down  :( It may be an overheating issue... I also recently installed an old CD writer and thats when the problem began so I've disconnected it in hopes that this problem doesn't occur again.

But anyways, nice Deejay! I had so much trouble getting close to you and you got some mean combos! I would definitely want to play you again without my computer shutting down.  >:(

Yeah GG's man.  Looking forward to playing some more! I wanted to practice my Sim, but that'd be pretty ratshit against gief lol.

I liked your gief, I actually used to play him pretty hard out back in the day.  Once you get your approach right you are gonna be a pretty nasty bastard.  You had nice mixup once you got in, but he's so hard in ST, its really difficult to move in with him.

Lemme know if you want some more thorough feedback.

HoneyBadger

Come on vent.... fag.
my mum found dark dawn on the DS.

that game is gonna get raped.

MUMMYHALA

Nick4now

Quote from: The Lenny 2.0 on April 14, 2010, 10:53:50 PM
Yeah GG's man.  Looking forward to playing some more! I wanted to practice my Sim, but that'd be pretty ratshit against gief lol.

I liked your gief, I actually used to play him pretty hard out back in the day.  Once you get your approach right you are gonna be a pretty nasty bastard.  You had nice mixup once you got in, but he's so hard in ST, its really difficult to move in with him.

Lemme know if you want some more thorough feedback.

Hahaha yeah your 'irregular' rhythm of Max outs made things more difficult to get in and to predict. lol good shit it was fun playing against you but feedback would be great! I only got into SFIV this year and pretty much the main reason why I joined NZism (thanks Marc  ;D) but I'll always be more of a Super Turbo or Hyper Fighting player!

fluxcore

Plenty of peeps here will play the older games too, it's definitely not all about sfiv!
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

geneterror

Lenny let's make a date to play some KOF2002!
KOW 2011

Lennysaurus

Quote from: geneterror on April 15, 2010, 10:54:44 AM
Lenny let's make a date to play some KOF2002!

Sure man lemme know... I can do most nights

geneterror

Just let me try and get Vent set up on my new computer and get my headset working. Hopefully this weekend :)
KOW 2011

Lennysaurus

Quote from: Nick4now on April 14, 2010, 11:34:42 PM
Hahaha yeah your 'irregular' rhythm of Max outs made things more difficult to get in and to predict. lol good shit it was fun playing against you but feedback would be great! I only got into SFIV this year and pretty much the main reason why I joined NZism (thanks Marc  ;D) but I'll always be more of a Super Turbo or Hyper Fighting player!

tbh i think once you got in you were awesome... your mixup was good, and you were pretty bang on with your tricks.

I think you use green hand too much, its really bad in ST and can be punished on block or whiff by most players.  Your use of lariat to intimidate and hold space that you have gained was excellnt, I particularly like how you alternated between PPP and KKK to trick me into trying to punish PPP lariat which would move me closer.

I think you need to work on your pokes, try using alot more st. short, st. forward, and crouching roundhouse to move in.  One thing to remember with gief is that you have a big lifebar, and good priority on cr. roundhouse, so use that to trade hits alot, especially if you can trade hits with his cr. roundhouse.  Cause ater that you get to work that good mixup game you have.

Also i noticed you were mashing throw during some of the clutch situations which I picked up on.  Be careful of that cause youll notice I started to land alot of frame trap sweeps on you from outside your throw range.

Get your vent hooked up dude, cause that is a massive help for matchmaking at least.

In other news, I'll be on again tonight guys! see you there!