• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

Wugga is eating uppercuts

Main Menu

ggpo tonight

Started by [NIUE] B1ackstar Ninja, June 30, 2009, 08:29:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CaptainHook

Anyone want to beat up on a scrub?

I'm a newb looking to improve and try learn.. i've only really played ST so far.

Just got GGPO running last night.. tried a game with someone but it was REAL laggy..
Any tips for improving the performance of GGPO?

I've forwarded ports etc

Running bootcamp on my old macbook pro core duo. Tried using my iMac in bootcamp
but my new stick doesn't seem to work with the newer intel chipsets in windoze. Mame runs it
fine in OSX on the same machine though. Ah well. Hopefully someone writes a windows driver cause
clearly it CAN work on this machine.

Also, why is the verification image so hard to read!
Xbox Gamertag is ZERO's, not capital "O"s ~~ CaptainH00K

redtie

Oh no way! Haha your already a member!

GGs I can run you through some more guile late tonight. Yeah keep playing ST its good for learning and definitely carries over to other street fighters.

Duno about the lag? You sure the guy you were playing ping was too high? Could be if you're using wireless connection though.

CaptainHook

I think i figured out the lag.. i hadn't installed all the bootcamp drivers or directx
updates and the lag seemed much better after that!

Thanks for your help today bro, really appreciate it. :)

We got a ST machine at work (recording studio) a month ago so i started to play
that when i was on break etc.

Can anyone point me in the direction of some good literature or videos for improving?
I'm really only interested in SF2 at this stage, SFiV doesn't appeal to me at all right now.

redtie

Good set last night CaptainHook. You're picking it up pretty quickly. I'll be on again tonight around 11pm

CaptainHook

Thanks again for your help. :) 11pm might be a bit late for me with work. :(
I'll catch you sometime tho!

massi4h

Just played a bit of 3s against a guy called GordonFreeman12 I think. He started off with a real rude attitude and then after I taunted him after winning an epic round he got mad. "You have the scrubbiest akuma player I've ever seen"

After he said that I smashed him with a kkz finish so he went back to his main Urien. Got to the last round he had half his health left so I decided to spam heavy tatsus, he kept getting knocked down. As soon as he blocked a full one, out comes the Raging Demon lol.

He writes gg and leaves the game/room immediately.  8)

GG though he was much better than me.

HoneyBadger

Quote from: massi4h on July 19, 2010, 11:01:53 PM
Just played a bit of 3s against a guy called GordonFreeman12 I think. He started off with a real rude attitude and then after I taunted him after winning an epic round he got mad. "You have the scrubbiest akuma player I've ever seen"

QFT
my mum found dark dawn on the DS.

that game is gonna get raped.

MUMMYHALA

massi4h

I agreed with him though, telling him I don't play this game. I think that made him more angry.

redtie

3S is for twitchy crack babies. tap f, tap f, tap f

Whos on tonight? I'll play anything

CaptainHook

I'm up for you beating me down. :) Depending what time you're on..

HoneyBadger

Quote from: redtie on July 20, 2010, 07:15:58 PM
3S is for twitchy crack babies. tap f, tap f, tap f

Whos on tonight? I'll play anything

Christchurch gets the short short super for free
my mum found dark dawn on the DS.

that game is gonna get raped.

MUMMYHALA

redtie

::) Anyway, ggpo atm. ST room

massi4h

GG to Doors2Nirvana last night in ST. I got absolutely smashed, but I did manage to rob a few wins lol.

Nick4now

GGs to CaptainHook, you've definitely improved since the last time! Nice bro  8)

Anyone keen on jumping on GGPO for some ST sparring sometime this week? (I'm looking at you Lenny  ;D)

The Self-proclaimed Christchurch Hyper Fighting 2011 Champion

Lennysaurus

I might be on maybe tomorrow night around 9-30ish.

Hit me up on 0226460991 when youre onn and ill let you know if i can roll or not.

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero