• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

Wugga is eating uppercuts

Main Menu

ggpo tonight

Started by [NIUE] B1ackstar Ninja, June 30, 2009, 08:29:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barnstorm

Anakaris is one of the worst characters in that game
but i still enjoy playing him

and you can jump forward and back just not straight up

CaptainHook

Haven't gotten online all this week. Always working too long/late. :(
Started at 10am this morning and got home at 10:30 tonight. Argh.
Dont get paid for overtime in this industry either. Need a new job.
Xbox Gamertag is ZERO's, not capital "O"s ~~ CaptainH00K

CaptainHook

Got smashed by doors2nirvana tonight. Think i won a round when he must
have left the computer to talk on the phone or goto the toilet or something.
Haha. Depressing how bad i am. Fun though. :P

Nick4now

GGs to CaptainHook, theDOORS2NIRVANA and Scribble lastnight!

@CaptainHook: You've gotten even more better bro! You're a lot better at controlling space and it looks like you know Guile's normals fairly well now :) I wish I could give you more tips other than stating the obvious  ;D

@theDOORS2NIRVANA: Another good sparring session my man. I gotta learn that Dee Jay combo of yours but first I need to learn how to piano lol I knew you picked o.gief for that one reason too hahaha

@Scribble: VS is fun! haha I'm gonna be sticking to Rikuo for a while. I was pissed that the only he appearance he made in the anime was just to get his ass whooped by Pyron  :'( I hope you get assignments done bro, hopefully we can get in more games on Friday  :D

The Self-proclaimed Christchurch Hyper Fighting 2011 Champion

CaptainHook

GGs bro!

Thanks as always for your help too. :)
I actually watched some of your games with DOORS when i got in bed, i think you were gief for the rounds i watched?
Looked like you were doing well anyway!

Got a question about that piano thing, i asked DOORS when i played him how he was able to just stand there and do
Chun's lighting legs instantly and he said he piano rolled lk~mk. I tried this at work and she would always do at least
one kick first.. what am i missing? :P

CaptainHook

Thanks for the GGs and help toomeke, you're the mans! :)

Nick4now

Quote from: CaptainHook on August 18, 2010, 01:06:25 PM
GGs bro!

Thanks as always for your help too. :)
I actually watched some of your games with DOORS when i got in bed, i think you were gief for the rounds i watched?
Looked like you were doing well anyway!

Got a question about that piano thing, i asked DOORS when i played him how he was able to just stand there and do
Chun's lighting legs instantly and he said he piano rolled lk~mk. I tried this at work and she would always do at least
one kick first.. what am i missing? :P

Yeah I was the Gief player lol Anyways, I too haven't mastered the piano technique so I can't help you there  :P

scribble

Quote from: Nick4now on August 18, 2010, 11:43:12 AM
GGs to CaptainHook, theDOORS2NIRVANA and Scribble lastnight!

@Scribble: VS is fun! haha I'm gonna be sticking to Rikuo for a while. I was pissed that the only he appearance he made in the anime was just to get his ass whooped by Pyron  :'( I hope you get assignments done bro, hopefully we can get in more games on Friday  :D

Nice, you found the taunt pic ;D, cant find one for Hsien-Ko, luckily there are lots of Morrigan ones lol. Good that your stickin with him, and yea it was a bit sucky he got wasted in the anime hahaha. I'm gonna be stickin to Hsien and Morrigan, maybe learn Q-Bee slowly. I watched another mean Rikuo player today while I was waiting/hoping for someone to jump in the VS lobby, and yea you should definitely be using the smoke cloud after that bubble prison thingymebob. Got no money on my phone so I couldn't text you or Lenny to play lol. Anyways, nuff break time, back to essay writing :-\ lol. See you on Friday bro!
Edit: found Hsien's taunt! pretty lame without the sound hahaha. Opps! got distracted. Best be back to work I guess...

"I hope the Yama Kings have mercy upon your soul, for I shall not" - Hsien-Ko

Barnstorm

GGs nick

I have a large hate for gief possibly because i boxer was my main and i hate that match up
but it was cool to play you i think sf4 has messed me up for other games i kept trying to block u in the corner like a cross up :-\

CaptainHook

GGs @Nick4now tonight too.

I think i'm getting worse. Either need some hardout practice/tutoring or face the fact i'll never be good at this game. Lol.

Lennysaurus

Quote from: CaptainHook on August 24, 2010, 11:06:42 PM

I think i'm getting worse. Either need some hardout practice/tutoring or face the fact i'll never be good at this game. Lol.

Game is hard as fuck to get good at man.   Just stick in there and you'll get it.  I have to practice up my HDR for an MM that is coming up if you want to practice with me?  Find a couple of dudes and have a hardout session of it and help you with where you're going wrong.

It's also important to remember that you'll go through slumps in Street Fighter.  Particularly when you are going from novice, to actually trying to implement more advanced tactics to your game.  Wahat are you having trouble with atm?  A good idea might be to FRAPS it or something and pop it on youtube.

Or if you want we can jump on and play some and talk over skype and I can help you out.

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

Nick4now

Quote from: Barnstorm on August 24, 2010, 10:51:47 PM
GGs nick

I have a large hate for gief possibly because i boxer was my main and i hate that match up
but it was cool to play you i think sf4 has messed me up for other games i kept trying to block u in the corner like a cross up :-\

GGs bro! Yeah SF4 does that to you lol I got used to switching between the two games after A couple of us kept switching back and forth between the two games. lol

Quote from: CaptainHook on August 24, 2010, 11:06:42 PM

GGs man but stick with it! Seriously your Guile keeps improving everytime I play you. I think you just gotta be more patient when you play Gief. Guile has the right tools to keep him far away and your using them the right way imo. It's just that after a while you suddenly decide to rush me down which would cost you an spd  ;D also practice blocking the crossup splashes (or better yet just flash kick!)

Quote from: [â,,¢Âªv] Uncle Lenny on August 24, 2010, 11:10:53 PM
Game is hard as fuck to get good at man.   Just stick in there and you'll get it.  I have to practice up my HDR for an MM that is coming up if you want to practice with me?  Find a couple of dudes and have a hardout session of it and help you with where you're going wrong.

It's also important to remember that you'll go through slumps in Street Fighter.  Particularly when you are going from novice, to actually trying to implement more advanced tactics to your game.  Wahat are you having trouble with atm?  A good idea might be to FRAPS it or something and pop it on youtube.

Or if you want we can jump on and play some and talk over skype and I can help you out.

hahaha who are you having a MM match with? If you want me as a sparring partner I'd be more than happy to help out  ;D
EDIT: NVM, I went ahead and read the Money Match thread and I see that it's you and mystery partner vs Stu and mystery partner. Man if I lived in Aux I would've been so keen to be somebody's tag partner  ;D

CaptainHook

Quote from: [â,,¢Âªv] Uncle Lenny on August 24, 2010, 11:10:53 PM

Thank you boss. It doesn't help working 12 hour days and being too fucking tired to do anything else. :P
Always keen to jam it out with you though. When do you practice?

What's FRAPS?

Nick4now ~ Yeah, i'm too aggressive to be playing with Guile. It gets me in so much trouble. Haha.
I don't seem to like anyone else as much tho right now.

stereomonkey

You will see me on GGPO more often as well so we can get in the practice too :D
"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"

Lennysaurus

Quote from: stereomonkey on August 25, 2010, 09:05:40 AM
You will see me on GGPO more often as well so we can get in the practice too :D

Yeah Captain!  Jump on and give FreeMonkey some games.  He's gonna need it.

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero