• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

WWBWD?

Main Menu

ggpo tonight

Started by [NIUE] B1ackstar Ninja, June 30, 2009, 08:29:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stereomonkey

Im on atm under Ginos nick (glisignoli)
"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"

CaptainHook

Cool, just eating.. Getting back on now.
Xbox Gamertag is ZERO's, not capital "O"s ~~ CaptainH00K

stereomonkey

Sorry hook.  Wasn't able to play while Gino was on and damn his connection is bolo.  Will be upgrading very soon.
"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"

CaptainHook

No probs.. so was that Gino i was playing then? He played similar characters to what you did that time we played. :P

GGs fluxcore - You pounded me pretty hard with a few of your characters. :P
Not as bad as some the japanese guys thrash me, but still. :P

fluxcore

GGs hook - I guess if I had some advice to give you it would to try retain your ground a bit more. Backing up too much isn't good - especially if you end up in the corner all the time. Even though guile is a charge char you can still be reasonably aggressive. Other than that you pretty much have the right idea, I'd just say work on putting the pressure on a bit more.

You can use his j.lk as a pretty good ambiguous crossup after a knockdown, and one day after much much practice you can combo it into cr.lk, cr.lk, super :)

As for me... yeah I'm pretty rusty, haven't touched the game for a long time :/ Have to get used to the speed and combos again!
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

CaptainHook

Quote from: fluxcore on September 02, 2010, 10:07:30 PM
GGs hook - I guess if I had some advice to give you it would to try retain your ground a bit more. Backing up too much isn't good - especially if you end up in the corner all the time. Even though guile is a charge char you can still be reasonably aggressive. Other than that you pretty much have the right idea, I'd just say work on putting the pressure on a bit more.

You can use his j.lk as a pretty good ambiguous crossup after a knockdown, and one day after much much practice you can combo it into cr.lk, cr.lk, super :)

As for me... yeah I'm pretty rusty, haven't touched the game for a long time :/ Have to get used to the speed and combos again!

Cool thanks. Figuring out HOW to put on pressure is the next step. I'm still trying to react (badly) most of the time.

redtie

Nick4now

The Self-proclaimed Christchurch Hyper Fighting 2011 Champion

CaptainHook

On it if anyone wants to bash it out. Gutted i missed you guys last night.

CaptainHook

Getting dinner, but will prob jump back on after. Saw smoof jump on but i was playing someone else and he left before i had a chance to challenge him..

redtie

CaptainHook

Sorry man, bed for me! Stupid work. :(
Thanks for the brief games tho!

Hopefully catch you again soon. :)

redtie

Oh snap!

I'm liking your Guile play though! Had a mean win streak against my o.Ken hah
Man I'm gunna try get those top spin hurricanes consistently, they real useful for jumping over fireballs.

CaptainHook

Quote from: redtie on September 10, 2010, 12:03:40 AMI'm liking your Guile play though! Had a mean win streak against my o.Ken hah
Man I'm gunna try get those top spin hurricanes consistently, they real useful for jumping over fireballs.

Thanks, i guess getting steamrolled by ozzies and japanese players is helping. Even if i never win rounds against them. HAHA.
I still didn't quite understand what the top spin one looked like. LOL. Thanks again for the games, hopefully catch you soon.

p.s Only just saw mention in another thread it was your birthday recently? Happy Birthday!!!

jpb123

My ggpo is not working :(
I got all the right files etc but when I try and play someone or watch a match the windows is not open. I can go into all the rooms i got the games for but not play them.

HELP :( :(