• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

Discipline. Justice. Commitment.

Main Menu

ggpo tonight

Started by [NIUE] B1ackstar Ninja, June 30, 2009, 08:29:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

[NIUE] weazzyefff

I'm trying to play kof 98. I got in a room after downloading rom. Now what you do?

Do you have to wait someone challenge you bro?

edit: NM. This looks way too hard. I will try get someone else to do it for me sometime.
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

[NIUE] B1ackstar Ninja

if you wanna play single player to learn the game and practice combos etc , load up ggpofba.exe

if you wanna play online multiplayer , load up ggpo.exe , click on someones name in the same room as the game you wanna play and challenge them . if they accept , battle for glory !!!!!!!!!!

any ping under 80ms should be playable , under 50 ms is preferable tho .

better to hop on irc or vent and get one of us to have a few games with you mane
"Attack me if you dare , i will crush you "

Nick4now

The Self-proclaimed Christchurch Hyper Fighting 2011 Champion

Chocobuny

I got Super Turbo, how to I change the turbo speed though? I think your meant to play at 4 and mine is stuck on 1?

Chocobuny

OH MY GOD. Just played that for an hour. That game is hard as fucking balls, I think I beat the computer honestly one time out of that entire hour. Holy shit that game is unforgiving.

fluxcore

2 is the generally accepted ST speed actually... and yeah cpu is a bastard
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

Chocobuny

Quote from: fluxcore on November 04, 2010, 04:46:50 PM
2 is the generally accepted ST speed actually... and yeah cpu is a bastard

Oh okay. How do I get it to 2? And yes it is. I swear Blanka isn't even charging his blanka balls with the CPU....

CaptainHook

You start to figure out the cpu's tactics after a while.. Some days i can get to 6-7th char without losing a round.
Other times the computer decides it won't have a bar of any of it and i get smashed.

You have to go into the service mode and change the speed option to "free select" if you're not on ggpo..

I think 2 is similar to 3 on the cab at work but i've never done a side by side..
Xbox Gamertag is ZERO's, not capital "O"s ~~ CaptainH00K

Chocobuny

Quote from: CaptainHook on November 04, 2010, 05:28:20 PM
You start to figure out the cpu's tactics after a while.. Some days i can get to 6-7th char without losing a round.
Other times the computer decides it won't have a bar of any of it and i get smashed.

You have to go into the service mode and change the speed option to "free select" if you're not on ggpo..

I think 2 is similar to 3 on the cab at work but i've never done a side by side..

I used the GGPO's offline thing to play. How do I get into the free select? Or how do I use GGPO to change the settings.

And wow do I wish SRK's were as hard to get out in SF4 as they are in SF2. Jesus that would make the game so much better.

Nick4now

Quote from: Chocobuny on November 04, 2010, 04:57:03 PM
Oh okay. How do I get it to 2? And yes it is. I swear Blanka isn't even charging his blanka balls with the CPU....

You have to get to the test menu. If you're using FB Alpha (GGPO) you hit the F2 key. For Kawaks you hit the F11 key. After that select "System Configuration" and there you'll see "Game Speed". Change it to Turbo 2 (or Free Select) and then hit start on "exit" to save changes  :)

If you're on GGPO hit me up if you want a few games  ;D

EDIT: ST's AI is broken as hell. even on the easiest settings it still whoops my ass. It's so annoying how the AI could predict your moves before you even do them........ What a bastard.

Chocobuny

Quote from: Nick4now on November 04, 2010, 05:41:35 PM
You have to get to the test menu. If you're using FB Alpha (GGPO) you hit the F2 key. For Kawaks you hit the F11 key. After that select "System Configuration" and there you'll see "Game Speed". Change it to Turbo 2 (or Free Select) and then hit start on "exit" to save changes  :)

If you're on GGPO hit me up if you want a few games  ;D

Lol I'll consider it when I stop being so free : P. Also I'm reading up apparently cammy is total ass in SF2 ;_;. I dunno why I'm playing it, but its actually pretty fun.

Nick4now

Quote from: Chocobuny on November 04, 2010, 05:46:50 PM
Lol I'll consider it when I stop being so free : P. Also I'm reading up apparently cammy is total ass in SF2 ;_;. I dunno why I'm playing it, but its actually pretty fun.

According to the tier list Cammy, Blanka, T.Hawk, Gief, Fei and Honda they are... But they can be very scary chars. As a Gief player I can't stand playing against Blanka or Honda. The match up is so hard  :-\ But I don't think it should put you off though, At Evo (And NZ nats!) a Gief player took it out and hes at the bottom of the tier list  :D

BTW ST > SSFIV

fluxcore

HDR gief is a bit of a different beast... some players are saying he's top tier in HDR...
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

redtie

Cammys not that bad in ST. Her hooligan can throw crouching opponents, jumping fierce is good and her drills are safer then what they are in SSF4.

Nah I change my mind, she's crap.

Nick4now

Quote from: fluxcore on November 04, 2010, 06:11:45 PM
HDR gief is a bit of a different beast... some players are saying he's top tier in HDR...

Tbh I'm not surprised. I was actually REALLY surprised to see him at the very bottom when I first read it. The Buffs he got were more than enough imo. Looking at the tiers I really dont under stand how Gief vs Cammy and Fei are 3 - 7. Not sure if the match up is the same in ST but I guess I've nevered played anyone who can use them really well.

In saying that I don't dislike the changes in HDR but I still perfer ST more.