• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

DID YOU SEE THAT? That was the DAMAGER!

Main Menu

ggpo tonight

Started by [NIUE] B1ackstar Ninja, June 30, 2009, 08:29:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CaptainHook

LOL, i was soooo rusty. Was fucking fun though. I ended up playing until 4am with "too_friendly" (can't remember forum name)
and i think by the end of it i was maybe back to where i was in december. And in december Mason still beat me at damager. HAHAHA.

GGs Nick, i wish i could do combos but i'm too stink. Partly why i'm so crap at SSF4. Dunno why i'd be better with blanka now.
The other day i played SSF4 with Kurt for the first time since damager and he said he didn't know how but thought i had gotten
better. Maybe i just "forgot" some bad habits or something? HAHA.

GGs Mason, that last match was ridiculous! Awesome comeback. I laughed and cried. Haha.

GGs too_friendly, what's your name on here again? Sorry for scrubbing with Ryu so much. I want to get better with shotos but i'm
too stink. Sorry for the Chun rapes too. Deejay seems to have a tough time with her. You were playing pretty well and i was just using
cheap tactics but i don't know any advice on how to deal with it cause i'm too stink. Someone else could help tho i'm sure..
I think maybe i was just beating you with her quick normals. In the Ryu matchup your normals were beating mine easy, but with
Chun she was too quick. Maybe block and wait for a gap in my pokes more? I seemed to catch you whenever you'd try a move if i was
on the attack. I wasn't doing any combos (too stink for that) but i'd often get quite a few hits on you in a row so i guess you weren't
blocking it out..? Then again when i did notice you block sometimes i'd abuse her quickness and walk up throw. Shrug.
Xbox Gamertag is ZERO's, not capital "O"s ~~ CaptainH00K

Nick4now

Hahaha I think you're underestimating yourself. If you can pull off cancel combos (eg. j.hk, cr.mk xx hadoken) you can pull off CPS1 chains too. Execution wise, it's only slightly harder. You just need to know the timing and with your musical background I'm sure you'll get it down sooner than you think  :D

I don't know Guile's CPS1 chains (ask Redtie) but Ryu's is:

cr.lk, let stick go to neutral, st.lk+hp xx hadoken. Feel free to add in another cr.lk before letting the stick go to neutral  :D

Oh yeah and ggs to too_friendly too. Didn't know that he was in the forums lol You've definitely improved since the last time I played you. Cool to see you sticking with Dee Jay bro but damn I hate that matchup with Gief lol

The Self-proclaimed Christchurch Hyper Fighting 2011 Champion

CaptainHook

Quote from: Nick4now on February 02, 2011, 12:57:40 PM
If you can pull off cancel combos (eg. j.hk, cr.mk xx hadoken)

Yeah. Can't even really do those. :P
Maybe 1 out of 10 times. Trying to practice j.hk, cr.mk xx hadoken last night. Didn't pull it off
once tho. :(

Nick4now

Weird cause you were doing it all the time last night lol Sure I was blocking but you were executing it correctly from what I could see. Maybe you're not delaying the j.hk enough? j.hp feels easier too... I think  ;D

Filter

I'm too_friendly on GGPO. Thanks for the monstrous session last night, Captain Hook!
Yeah I was having heaps of trouble with your chun. if you keep smashing the crap out of me with her I might eventually figure out some kind of counter strategy. probably not.

Your Ryu was getting better as we played too. Was smashing my dumb deejay. If you want to get more confident doing dragon punches. what I used to do years ago when I played was do LP dragon punches from one end of the screen to the other, over and over and over. Eventually you might notice your wrist does less and less motion and it just becomes a really quick tight spazz out and then snap to a stop.
If you are having trouble doing DP's on one side rather than the other, it may be because of the angle of your hand. It can be easier to do fast DP's if your hand is almost right over the top of the stick. but I guess it's just whatever technique you practice enough at becomes the best.

Thanks for the games Nick! that fight is definitely on Deejays side, yeah. I just spam maxouts and RH and butt slide then shit myself when zangief gets closer.

CaptainHook

Filter! That's right, thanks for the games last night. Gonna try go on again tonight.
Just tried some SSF4 before. I still hate it. :(
I might not have the patience for it or something.. hyper fighter is a bit too slow for me
as well but at least the rounds don't last forever. :P

Nick ~ i was doing it in sequence but it wasn't actually comboing so if you blocked after
the first or second hit, it wouldn't combo.. if i practice it in hdr i can do it fine.. but in a
match it's no go. Just need more putting it into a match experience i guess.

CaptainHook

Oh, what were those combos you posted yesterday Nick? I will at least try them in prac mode.

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

QuoteJust tried some SSF4 before. I still hate it.

You would be surprised how many of us that play SSF4 quite heavily actually feel the same way.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

CaptainHook

Lol, maybe we should have a masochist party.

Filter

Quote from: CaptainHook on February 02, 2011, 03:23:25 PM
Filter! That's right, thanks for the games last night. Gonna try go on again tonight.

Oh cool, I will try and go on tonight too so you can smash me some more if you want. Last night my hand started to cramp out and curl up like a claw. I wanna save up for some kind of stick.

CaptainHook

On now.. playing on my laptop until my iMac finishes rendering this video work..
I think it lags a bit more but whatever.

Filter

CaptainHook

GGs Filter, sorry girlfriend was complaining so had to go. My Ryu still sucks balls. Ah well.

Nick4now

Quote from: CaptainHook on February 02, 2011, 03:24:28 PM
Oh, what were those combos you posted yesterday Nick? I will at least try them in prac mode.

Oh it was only:
cr.lk, cr.lk, let stick go to neutral, st.lk+hp xx hadouken (Only works in CPS1 games)
st.lk, cr.lk xx lp shoryuken

Of course you can set these up with a crossup j.hk or a j.hp too.

Quote from: Filter on February 02, 2011, 01:51:24 PM
I'm too_friendly on GGPO.

Oh so that's you Filter lol Damn I saw you online tonight but unfortunately I left my stick at Redtie's place so I was stuck spectating you and 002 instead  :-\

Filter

Quote from: Nick4now on February 03, 2011, 01:39:24 AM
Oh so that's you Filter lol Damn I saw you online tonight but unfortunately I left my stick at Redtie's place so I was stuck spectating you and 002 instead  :-\

ohno. so you saw me get thrashed then. I was doing alright against most of his characters, but then he went zangief and for some reason I just couldn't keep him out properly. beat the crap out of me.
I got Yoga Book Hyper and I'm looking at the hitboxes to see where the hell I should be trying to hit him. I didn't know that only zangiefs head and feet are vulnerable during his lariat. I thought it was a bit bigger than that, like his shoulders or something.
I wish I could play ggpo with hitboxes on. I'm sure it would get me better way faster.

No worries CaptainHook, I know what that's like. My girlfriend likes to put things in front of my face when I am playing or starts to chant 'lose lose lose' when I'm in the middle of a match.

Oh and your Ryu seemed to have gotten better already. there was way more dragon punches and also more aggressive.