• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

DID YOU SEE THAT? That was the DAMAGER!

Main Menu

ggpo tonight

Started by [NIUE] B1ackstar Ninja, June 30, 2009, 08:29:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick4now

Quote from: Filter on February 03, 2011, 11:42:10 AM
ohno. so you saw me get thrashed then. I was doing alright against most of his characters, but then he went zangief and for some reason I just couldn't keep him out properly. beat the crap out of me.
I got Yoga Book Hyper and I'm looking at the hitboxes to see where the hell I should be trying to hit him. I didn't know that only zangiefs head and feet are vulnerable during his lariat. I thought it was a bit bigger than that, like his shoulders or something.
I wish I could play ggpo with hitboxes on. I'm sure it would get me better way faster.

Oh don't worry 002 beasts me too lol as for Gief's hitboxes on Lariat I think that's only for HF? Because in a Honda match, if I mistime a lariat against headbutt (so headbutt touches Gief's shoulders, not fists) Headbutt wins everytime. I may be wrong though  :D

The Self-proclaimed Christchurch Hyper Fighting 2011 Champion

LN

HF fast lariat (KKK) is totally low invincible.

This is not the case in ST.
There is no knowledge that is not power

Filter

Looking at the Yoga Book Hyper, which is for ST, Geif's vulnerable hit box is as wide as his head and goes down to just barely touch his manly chest pubes. and there is one on his feet. the box is just slightly shorter on his feet for the fast (KKK) version.
also the attack hitbox on his arm is quite a bit shorter on the (KKK) version (doesn't go as far as his fist), on the (PPP) version it extends beyond his fist.
E. Hondas headbutt hitbox is pretty huge. it's a big square that's fatter than he is, so that'd run into geif's chest bit.

redtie

CaptainHook

Will jump on.. give me 10mins to reboot into windoze.
Xbox Gamertag is ZERO's, not capital "O"s ~~ CaptainH00K

[8-----D] Toots

CrazyMobius

Hopefully I might be playing you guys next week if I can gets me a copy of Windows.

stereomonkey

Quote from: CrazyMobius on February 04, 2011, 03:26:17 PM
Hopefully I might be playing you guys next week if I can gets me a copy of Windows.

You should really talk to captinhook as he will know how to get your Mac setup correctly to play ggpo.
"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"

CrazyMobius

I was wondering if that's what he meant by rebooting into windows. Will do. Cheers.

CaptainHook

Setting up the mac *should* be no different to a pc..
You boot up in windows (or run it in parallels or vmware etc) and all as normal.

GGs redtie, Ben.
Not only am i bad with Ryu, but i think Guile has gotten worse as i've been playing Ryu last
couple of days. Awesome. Hahahaha.
Xbox Gamertag is ZERO's, not capital "O"s ~~ CaptainH00K

Filter

I play on mac too.
I run it in parallels. it didn't run too great until I put more ram in my mac. now it seems sweet.

I played a guy called Blade_ on GGPO Hyper fighter. Said he just joined up today.

Nick4now

redtie

Wow. All I can say really. GGPO has never had so many NZers at once. Ever. This is probably just a phase but holy shit is it good!

GGs Hook & Filter

@Filter that last set was mean as hahah. Bro you got a nice guile! That yoga book has taught you well hah

Nick4now

Hahaha yeeeaaah GGPO is alive!!

GGs Mason, your Sagat seriously leveled up during our set. Sure it's a bad match up for Gief but I have to give you props and say that you played well. I'm pretty sure you were fucking around but don't be so wakeup uppercutty  ;D

For Ryu you got his combos down but you just need to learn the spacing. Know when you're too far to do his CPS1 chain and instead swap it for his cr.mk xx Hadoken. After playing you I think Ken might suit your style more  ;D

I would say learn Ryu and have Sagat as a counterpick but since you don't have enough time to learn two characters I think you should just stick with Sagat imo. Sorry I don't know much about him other than how to beat Gief lol I only know that theDOORS2NIRVANA and Alan use him so you could hit them up for some Sagat strats. Also practice on an MCA stick lol

GGs Filter, very nice HF Blanka and Guile! You wasted my Gief so I had to switch to Ryu lol Sorry I had to bail on you early. We'll have a longer set next time  :)

Also GGs to Glisignoli (I hope I got that right lol), sucked that our connection was laggy as but I could tell your Blanka is damn dangerous. Had no idea what to do against his Upballs lolol

massi4h

Thanks bro ggs. I'm one of those people who doesn't know the difference between ryu and ken lol. Except for I know Ryu is top tier.

But yeah your gief is crazy and if you did more gay ass tick throws the matches would have ended much quicker. I see heaps of wake up uppercuts all the time so I thought I'd add that to my HF/ST gameplay and throw them out now and then. When people do uppercuts on me and I can't punish it makes me rage. But yeah sweet as and ggs to Ben earlier, stink me and Filter couldn't connect today.