• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

WWBWD?

Main Menu

ggpo tonight

Started by [NIUE] B1ackstar Ninja, June 30, 2009, 08:29:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Glisignoli is just Gino btw Nick. If thats easier to say. :P
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

Filter

that was an awesome session redtie. your blanka is a fucking son of a bitch.
I was really getting lucky with world warrior guile for a bit there. He seems to dizzy people in like 2 hits. was fun playing anniversary edition, never really tried it before coz there's usually nobody in there. fun to match up new characters with the old ones.

thanks for the games too, nick4now, your ryu is hard nuts. how was the roast chicken?

I think we connected earlier today didn't we massi4h? You tiger knee'd my face a lot.

It's a bit stink for me that GGPO is getting really busy now coz I have to drive around the north and south islands for a month, starting in a couple of days. Hopefully it stays like this.

LN

Ken is basically just a weaker Ryu. Hurricane kick sucks in comparison, fireballs are slower. DP is obviously better though. It's mainly the hurricane kick that makes Ryu better, that move is fucking godlike.
There is no knowledge that is not power

[NIUE] B1ackstar Ninja

-Hadoken: Ryu has quicker startup, delivery and recovery than Ken.
-Shoryuken: Ken has quicker startup and recovery, greater damage and range than Ryu.
-Kyaku: Ryu always knocks down and can pass through Hadokens now, but Ken has quicker startup and more hits.

But they are still about 60% the same.  On paper, Ken is actually better than Ryu (eg if you compare overall frame advantages), but in practice, Ryu is overall better thanks to the faster recovery of his Hadoken which is the cornerstone of the Ansatsuken strategy.

Ryu's Shoryuken is no longer useful as an escape strategy when countering Ken's wakeup Shoryuken, as Ken's faster, wider Shoryuken beats Ryu cleanly, every time (eg Ken sweeps Ryu knocking him down with zero life bar remaining and times a Jab Shoryuken to hit Ryu as he's getting up, but Ryu gets up with a Jab Shoryuken, using it's invincibility and reversal properties to attempt a counter to Ken's wakeup Jab Shoryuken).  In World Warrior, neither character had the advantage during a reversal/wake-up Shoryuken.

Ken's Hadoken is less effective by it's slower-than-Ryu recovery, and he cannot stand his ground in a Hadoken-fight against Ryu.
"Attack me if you dare , i will crush you "

LN

Where was that copypasted from? lol

[NIUE] B1ackstar Ninja

haha bro my Ansatsuken firetraps of doom are legendary in pukekohe

got heaps of articles and shit i saved in notepad to do with hyperfighting

LN

found it, haha
was just hoping it was a general game analysis rather than just ryu vs ken

[NIUE] B1ackstar Ninja

pretty sure theres heaps on altgames.sf2 from years go , i remeber reading them all

Nick4now

Quote from: [NIUE] BIRRY WONG on February 05, 2011, 01:59:45 AM
Glisignoli is just Gino btw Nick. If thats easier to say. :P

Hahaha ahhhh yes, yes it is.

Quote from: Filter on February 05, 2011, 02:48:00 AM
thanks for the games too, nick4now, your ryu is hard nuts. how was the roast chicken?

Thanks bro, but I didn't end up going over to Redtie's place. Was too tired and no petrol lol

Quote from: LN on February 05, 2011, 10:00:40 AM
Ken is basically just a weaker Ryu. Hurricane kick sucks in comparison, fireballs are slower. DP is obviously better though. It's mainly the hurricane kick that makes Ryu better, that move is fucking godlike.

I think Ken has a really good hurricane tbh. Sure it doesn't knockdown but for me it seems that it has more dizzy potential and feels easier to combo into. The difference between their FBs and DPs are obvious so I won't go into that lol

Overall, Ryu and Ken are even imo.

The Self-proclaimed Christchurch Hyper Fighting 2011 Champion

kingpiccolo

im gona watch you guys play again tonight if you guys will be on no luck finding a connection bit for lens rolento stick might have to get one off ebay or some shit made wanna play watchin mason and nick playin last night

CaptainHook

Might jump on soon.. hopefully there's some "no life on a saturday" types around too..
I mean this is a gamer forum right? :D
Xbox Gamertag is ZERO's, not capital "O"s ~~ CaptainH00K

massi4h

CrazyMobius

Quote from: CaptainHook on February 05, 2011, 06:08:17 PM
Might jump on soon.. hopefully there's some "no life on a saturday" types around too..

It's also New Zealand.

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Quote from: CaptainHook on February 05, 2011, 06:08:17 PM

Haha shame. All of you's have no life.
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

originaljulz

Quote from: [NIUE] weazzyefff on February 05, 2011, 11:46:46 PM
Haha shame. All of you's have no life.

Says Weazzy at home at quarter to 12 on a Saturday night
HEAVEN OR HELL? DUAL ONE. LETS ROCK!